Create Account

Toronto North Stars Awards
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2020, 01:00 PM by UrsinZ.)

(Post ready to get graded)

[Image: Toronto.png]

Welcome to the S54 Toronto North Stars Awards.
First off on behalf of the team, we send our well wishes to @ml002 while he is recovering from his crash!
This seasons marks the second time we hand out the awards. To spice things a bit up we changed the format of this years awards a bit.
We will split the awardshow into three pieces. These 3 parts will consist of the award hand out and an interview section. The winner of an award can decide if he wants to hand in a speech or have an interview. I will add the interviews / speeches in the next part when i continue the show. This more or less sums up the changes to the award show.
So without further ado let's start the first part, which will consist of 3 statistical awards and 2 team voted awards:

Awards

Part 1
The first award of the first part will be the Chris York award.
Which will be handed out to the player with the most goals during season 54.
And the winner of this seasons Chris York award is:

Bobby Lane - Rich
[Image: bUdbd5x.png]

Lane continues to get better every season after scoring 12 goals last season he increased his goal total by 6 goals this season!

Our second award, the Mikhail Lokitonov award, will be handed out to the player with the most assists during the season.
And the player adding this award to his trophy case is:

Mika Kandinsky - Mika_Kandinsky
[Image: co8xTm4.png]

Mika was an assist machine this season with 28 assists! Hopefully we see him reach the 30 assist mark this upcoming season!

The last statistical award of the first part will be the Robert Spezza award.
This award is handed out to the best point producer on our team, meaning the player with the most points!
The offensive power house of season 54 was:

Mika Kandinsky - Mika_Kandinsky

Besides his 28 passes mika scored 15 goals to finish season 54 with 43 points!

Coming next is our first team voted award, which will be the best media award.
it goes to the user with the best media input of the team.
And this years best media award goes to the following media...

Carpys sigs (one of many linked) - Carpy48
[Image: B8eylZQ.png]

and

Dextarias recruitment graphic - Dextaria
[Image: YFIlG99.gif]

and

Rich and Luke's podcast - Rich

All three of these had the same amount of votes. With all of the wonderful media our team's had this past season, we decided to hand out the award to all three people (well four if we count in luke). Keep up the great work guys!
also congrats to luketd for winning a Toronto Award without being on the team

Our next award will be the Mika Kandinsky award.
This award is handed out to the best rookie of the season.
And the best rookie of season 54 was

Ruslan Zaporozhets - CptSquall
[Image: ruslan.png]

Squally had an impressive first season. With 38 points he scored 12 more points then any other rookie in the league.
Let's give him an applaus while he comes up and takes the stage!

Quote:Its a huge honor to have not only been nominated for but to receive this award from within the Toronto North Stars organization.  I have been very lucky to be drafted by and play for such an amazing and welcoming group and had a very wonderful rookie season that I hope to use as a building block for the future. There are many fantastic people who will be just as deserving every year of this award. Thank you.

Part 2
Welcome to the second part of our Award show!
To start the show we will hand out the Zander Rhys award!
Which is handed out the the player with the most blocked shots during the season.
And this years Zander Rhys awards goes to

Ursin Zimmermann - UrsinZ
[Image: Bananabread.gif]

Zimmermann was a wall this season with 190 blocked shots. There were only 3 guys who blocked more shots than him.

Our second award will be the Jeff Dar award.
This award goes to the guy who doesn't allow the other team to keep the puck to long! Which means the best TKA - GVA rating!
And the winner of this award is

Mika Kandinsky - @Mika_Kandinsky

Mika barely gave the puck away and when he did he made sure to get it back! Just shows how responsible this guy is on the deffensive side!

Next up is the first team voted award of tonight! The Benjamin Wong award.
Which goes to the guy who was the best offensive player of the last season.
The guy winning this cup will be

Mika Kandinsky - @Mika_Kandinsky

Well we can just name this show the Mika show. Mika dominated this season! Puting up the most points of the team and also being one of the best defensive forwards in the league!
Let's give him a huge applaus as he is coming up to take his award!

Mika Wrote:It feels good to be out there leading the offensive charge for the Stars.  It's an honor to be a first round pick of this team and now a captain as well.  I couldn't have scored the points I had without my teammates so each of you gets credit for this, especially to my line mates, Bobby Lane and Ruslan Zaporozhets.  I hope I can keep fighting and competing with you guys until we all win a cup together.  As much as these individual accomplishes mean to me, it's nothing compared to what winning a cup with you all would be.  Thank you and enjoy your evening!

The award completing todays given out awards is Darian Scherbluk award.
This award goes out to the best defenseman voted by the team.

Ursin Zimmermann - @UrsinZ

Goal Goal Goal Attention please we got some important news Goal Goal Goal
The votings for this awards were probably the closest there ever was! Never was there a closer vote than with this award. To give you an idea of how close it was here is the voting ballot:
[Image: unknown.png]

So to go on i wanna present the award to Ursin my self:
[Image: 9cf0b4e7a59473deeecd766424002717.png]

That marks it for this night! Thanks for tuning in again and i hope to see you again when we will publish the final awards! Have a good night / day!

Part 3
Welcome to the final day of our Toronto North Stars Awards! So let's start the show!
The first award today will be the Jonathan Lundberg award.
This award is handed out to the guy who bodied the opponents with the most hits during last season.
And the guy with the most hits during the last season was

Ruslan Zaporozhets - @CptSquall

Ruslan had 111 hits last season in his rookie season, 40 more then any other rookie!

Our last statistical award will be the John Grossman Jr. award.
This award is handed out to the guy with the most penalty minutes in the last season
This year there are two guys winning the awards who are

Ruslan Zaporozhets - @CptSquall

and

Both players had 28 penalty minutes in the last season. Showing they aren't shy to defend their teammates.

The next award will be a team voted award. The Mark Harter award.
This award goes to the best goalie voted by the team.

Harry Carpet - @Carpy48
[Image: tYzCoMQ.png]

Carpy was one of the best if not the best goalies of the season! Ranking 6OA in save percentage with a total of 0.922%.

The next award is the JJ Krever award.
Which is awarded to the player who made the locker room a great and cozy place to be in.

Well first of i wanna thank my team for the award! This means a lot to me!
In my eyes everyone in the locker room should be the winner of this award. Everyone takes part in the conversations or is talking smack so jeah not a one man show! All of you make this expirience even more fun!
So for me this is where the party is at.
Let's rock this and soon win an cup togheter!

And coming next is the last award of the show, the Kristian Eriksson award.
The award which will be handed to the MVP of the last season votedby the team!

Harry Carpet - @Carpy48
[Image: tYzCoMQ.png]

Carpy had a dominant season. Facing the second most shots and still being able to post a 0.922 save percentage is insane. Having a guy like Carpet in the goal boosts everyones confidence!

With this award we are at the end of the ceremony. Following are two interviews from the award winners! Thanks to all the guys who sent me some awnsers to the interview or some speeches! And thanks to the guys helping me write these articles !
Congrats to everyone who won an award! To the guys who fell short on an award, next season is a new season so a new opportunity to win an award!
Thanks for joining me to this show and let's have a great season 55! GO NORTH STARS! Stars

Interviews

Dextaria Interview:

U: Coming up to the podium is Dextaria! First off congrats on the award for your awesome media Dex!

D: Thanks a lot Ursin! First off i wanna say thanks to the people who voted for me so I could win this award besides Carpy, Rich and Luke!

U: Well so let's begin. This season was the first season in toronto. You already got an award after such a short time! So tell me how many guys did you have to bribe to win this award?

D: Well... To be honest only one. Honks got some blackmail on the guy running the awards. From there it was smooth sailing. We're even all gonna get 10x10 contracts!

U: Eh it seems your mic stopped working there Dex. Audio can we please get this fixed?
They just told me it should be fixed let's check: Where is the party at Dex?

D: @UrsinZ is this where the party's at?

U: Nice it seems to be working again! Thanks audio team! Back to our interview or to be more specific to your graphic. First off that's a really cool gif you made there! Tell me more about it, what was you process of thoughts when you created it? How did it come to the final result?

D: Well I love to do graphics even tho I may not be the best at it. I try to enter as many competitions as I can and the recruitment contest was one of them! The idea started from the idea of having all teams on the graphic. However, having all 16 SHL teams would have been too cramped in my opinion so I came up with this idea of changing the jerseys. From there it was finding the right render and layout. Once that was done all I had to do was do all the jersey swaps. I tried to keep the jerseys as close to the original as possible and I think it turned out well. I'd also like to thank the Toronto lr, dubz in particular, for helping me with getting the gif timing and order! Initially it would continue to switch between teams faster and faster up until the end. It was also just organized backwards alphabetically. Thanks to everyones input, we changed to timing to equal pacing and we organized the jerseys based on the design (shoulders, helmet, stripes, etc.). Definitely have to thank everyone for helping me achieve the final product!

U: Awesome! Thanks to let to let us take part in your thought process! With this my interview is already over! Thank you for coming up and again congrast on your Award!

D: It was a pleasure, thanks for having me!

Carpy Interview:
U: Hello Carpy thanks for joining me for a short interview!

C: Thanks for having me!

U: First of congratulations on your three awards!

C: Thanks! IT feels great to win three awards which are also voted on by the team! Thanks to everyone for the votes!

U: First of your graphic award! Every time I see a new graphic of you I am amazed how they get better and better every time you make a new one, how does this come? And how long does it take you on average to finish such a graphic?

C: Thanks first of all. I try to improve all the time and try out new techniques every now and then. Since I've made so many sigs already and I work on them all the time I believe it comes naturally. If you work on something a lot you should hopefully improve over time. I also enjoy making them, so I don't rush them. When they're done, they're done, no matter how long it takes. I often start with an idea or like a certain picture in my head and work on it until I like the result. On average I'd say between 1-2 hours per sig, but that can vary a lot.

U: Awsome to hear this! So let's hope your sigs will get even better over time! I am already pumped for the results! You've had an amazing season behind a not so great team. Still you managed to have a really great season. What's the key to such a dominant performance of you in net? And why is it coffee?

C: I believe it's the huge amount of shots. We usually get SO MANY shots, both the defense and I and we're constantly busy blocking shots and making saves. You should know that yourself. Usually you simply can't catch a break, so maybe that helps? Obviously the answer is coffee before every game. And in between periods, and after the game too.

U: So we now finaly know your secret to being this good (@honkerrs take notes)! Well and last but not least, you got voted as the MVP of the team! Which is the second time in a row you're getting this award! What does this mean to you?

C: I didn't expect that. Makes me feel special. Glad Luke didn't steal this one from me  Wink

U: Jeah, he got you there @"luketd" ! Again congrats to all your awards! We hope to see another great season out of you! Thank you for joining me to this interview!
Have a great evening and a great season 55!

C: Thanks it was a pleasure to talk to you!

[Image: Toronto.png]

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Hell yeah, happy I won an award

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

07-21-2020, 11:18 AMluketd Wrote: Hell yeah, happy I won an award

You had an outstanding season for the toronto squad so well deserved Towel

Damn, Luke is so lucky.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

07-21-2020, 11:22 AMUrsinZ Wrote:
07-21-2020, 11:18 AMluketd Wrote: Hell yeah, happy I won an award

You had an outstanding season for the toronto squad so well deserved  Towel

does this mean I get a LR invite?

07-21-2020, 12:20 PMluketd Wrote:
07-21-2020, 11:22 AMUrsinZ Wrote: You had an outstanding season for the toronto squad so well deserved  Towel

does this mean I get a LR invite?

Eeeh i dont think so?
Maybe i can get you one of those free iphones?

Congrats guys on your achievements this season. Soon, we all also be having team achievements together!

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Nice job, Ursin. Thanks team!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

damn I didnt get an interview. Team is biased

07-26-2020, 01:15 PMluketd Wrote: damn I didnt get an interview. Team is biased
TD them honestly

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Love the interviews <3

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!