Create Account

[SHN] Offseason Trades Part 1

07-21-2020, 02:30 PMsve7en Wrote:
07-21-2020, 02:19 PMWally Wrote: A sim, while is suppose to replicate realism, is just a sim.  A bunch of equations mashed together to create an experience.  (duh, Wally we know this)

However, when we switched to FHM all goalies have become hybrids.  Meaning certain attributes need a minimum to be passable in the SHL, but too high and they will be used too often causing more problems in a risk/reward scenario.  However there are many other intangibles that go into this as well.  Which is why I really like the FHM switch to be honest.

Ahh yes, if a goalie maxes his glove he'll reach across his body to use it and that's inefficient. 

I like that you somehow both acknowledge this isn't SimonT anymore, and then use the assumption that this is SimonT.

Tf are you talking about. I'm not talking about any specific attribute. Don't turn this into being an asshole.

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 02:48 PM by BarnabasCollins.)

Being an asshole is a requirement to join the SHL

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

good read, love the stuff

good content thank you lucas.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 04:34 PM by Winter is Coming.)

Y'all killed Grape. ):

It's a good article though.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

rip grape

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

where were u when criticism was post

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

So I just finally read the comments that allegedly "killed Grape."

First off, don't let him martyr himself; he told his team awhile back he was quitting after this season anyway. All this did was potentially accelerate his exit (and have him show some petulant true colors on his way out).

Second, the Kryyst trade is far from the most egregious choice Grape has made as SFP GM (even if you only count since me joining the site in S44).

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

07-21-2020, 06:53 PMhhh81 Wrote: So I just finally read the comments that allegedly "killed Grape."

First off, don't let him martyr himself; he told his team awhile back he was quitting after this season anyway. All this did was potentially accelerate his exit (and have him show some petulant true colors on his way out).

Second, the Kryyst trade is far from the most egregious choice Grape has made as SFP GM (even if you only count since me joining the site in S44).
Did Grape move Portland because agreed

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Grape should get his TV% Rel up

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-21-2020, 06:57 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote:
07-21-2020, 06:53 PMhhh81 Wrote: So I just finally read the comments that allegedly "killed Grape."

Did Grape move Portland because agreed

I believe so yeah.

Tbf admirals sucked

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 08:03 PM by Muerto.)

7/1/2020

BAP / WPG

To WPG:

Yoshimitsu McCloud

To BAP:
Kristoffer Svensson
WPG S55 3rd (traded back to WPG)
WPG S57 2nd (traded along with SFP 3rd to get a higher pick)

It's very easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize trades when you have no idea of the underlying reasons for them.
Everyone's entitled to an opinion but here's why you are all wrong.

Luke: This trade for Baltimore is good. They get an early 3rd round pick this season, and a 2nd in S57 for a S46 ~1k forward. With Baltimore signaling that they are trying to go into another mini rebuild, these are decent returns for McCloud. For WPG, they are trying to get out of the bottom of the west, but with other teams around them upgrading as well I'm not really sure what their plan is. They got decent players, and a decent roster but nothing jumps out as a cup contender.

So, first off, FAKE NEWS, Mcleod is already at 1145 TPE and will be 1200 by the time the season starts. That is not "approx 1000 TPE" you can't just dismiss 200 TPE like it doesn't matter, in an attempt to bolster your claim. Secondly, Is Mcleod going to make us an automatic Cup contender? It's ridiculous to even assert that! No one player makes you a cup contender, not even Wagstrom, if we're going to criticize other GMs moves. But this is an upgrade to our roster as we try to compete with the other teams in our division. Also, it gives us an ACTIVE player which means more activity in LR and also Thun is a real good dude who I knew from SFP and was happy to reunite with him. Fuck me for trying, right?

Nham: Winnipeg effectively paid a 3rd (which they got back in a later trade) and 2nd to upgrade their inactive 900ish TPE forward to an active 1.1k forward. Hard to say that there is a lot of value in this trade for Winnipeg as they technically come out ahead but at an unreasonably heavy cost given that both players are S46. They’re both at their peak/coming right up on regression so it isn’t a long term asset that they can hold onto either. While Winnipeg has some A grade prospects in the pipeline, most of them will be called up meaning that Winnipeg needs to be looking to fill it up again rather than prolonging their run at a wildcard spot.

An active player can fight off the first 4 seasons of regression without trying too hard. Svensson's life span is maybe 2 more seasons but that's as roster filler, not a real contributor. Mcleod can be a legitimate 2nd line caliber player for multiple seasons down the road. To suggest that Mcleod has the same lifespan as Svensson is a real bad take there, chief. As for filling up the pipeline, we now have 5 active prospects back in the pipeline so this trade didn't hurt our future in that aspect either.

grok: I don’t really know why Winnipeg is making this kind of deal. McCloud is a great depth add for a team that can contend, don’t get me wrong. From the Jets perspective though, does that 200 TPE move the needle enough to get past NOLA, EDM, or CGY? Even if they do get to the top of the pile, does that 200 TPE get them past whichever top-4 team emerges from the Eastern Conference meat grinder? From what we’ve seen in the FHM era so far, signs point to no. While that 2nd and 3rd might not add a ton of value to the Winnipeg organization, in hindsight there’s a big question mark around why they spent their resources in this direction instead of saving them for one of the big names that would become available later in the offseason. BAP is the big winner here, supporting their rebuild and keeping a “just in case” player for their forward depth.

Again, nobody ever suggested this move made us an automatic cup contender, so to use that as the metric as to whether a trade was good or bad is asinine. If SHN had their way, every team that wasn't NOLA, EDM, HAM, or BUF might as well just go full TBB, because if you aren't likely to win the cup you might as well just go full rebuild, right? But what none of you has even considered is salary cap here, and a big reason why this trade worked for us is because we gained 200 TPE without having to spend extra cap because Mcleod is on a value contract, which NO OTHER PLAYER OTB with similar TPE had. None of the big names were ever going to work for us because there is a salary cap. He was literally the best available option to upgrade Svensson from a numbers perspective. And, in case it wasn't mentioned already, he is ACTIVE and a new voice in the LR which also brings VALUE well above and beyond just his player's on-ice contributions. You have to consider ALL the pros and cons, not just cherry-pick one aspect and hold that up as the sole factor to determine. And if BAP is happy with what they got back, then that's great, too. I don't go out of my way to try and 'win' trades.

So, in conclusion, I know it's just media and it's just, like, your opinion, man, but when you're wrong, you're wrong and you should all feel shame.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

07-21-2020, 08:01 PMMuerto Wrote: 7/1/2020

BAP / WPG

To WPG:

Yoshimitsu McCloud

To BAP:
Kristoffer Svensson

It's very easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize trades when you have no idea of the underlying reasons for them.

Luke: This trade for Baltimore is good. They get an early 3rd round pick this season, and a 2nd in S57 for a S46 ~1k forward. With Baltimore signaling that they are trying to go into another mini rebuild, these are decent returns for McCloud. For WPG, they are trying to get out of the bottom of the west, but with other teams around them upgrading as well I'm not really sure what their plan is. They got decent players, and a decent roster but nothing jumps out as a cup contender.

So, first off, FAKE NEWS, Mcleod is already at 1145 TPE and will be 1200 by the time the season starts. That is not "approx 1000 TPE" you can't just dismiss 200 TPE like it doesn't matter, in an attempt to bolster your claim. Secondly, Is Mcleod going to make us an automatic Cup contender? It's ridiculous to even assert that! No one player makes you a cup contender, not even Wagstrom, if we're going to criticize other GMs moves. But this is an upgrade to our roster as we try to compete with the other teams in our division. Also, it gives us an ACTIVE player which means more activity in LR and also Thun is a real good dude who I knew from SFP and was happy to reunite with him. Fuck me for trying, right?

Nham: Winnipeg effectively paid a 3rd (which they got back in a later trade) and 2nd to upgrade their inactive 900ish TPE forward to an active 1.1k forward. Hard to say that there is a lot of value in this trade for Winnipeg as they technically come out ahead but at an unreasonably heavy cost given that both players are S46. They’re both at their peak/coming right up on regression so it isn’t a long term asset that they can hold onto either. While Winnipeg has some A grade prospects in the pipeline, most of them will be called up meaning that Winnipeg needs to be looking to fill it up again rather than prolonging their run at a wildcard spot.

An active player can fight off the first 4 seasons of regression without trying too hard. Svensson's life span is maybe 2 more seasons but that's as roster filler, not a real contributor. Mcleod can be a legitimate 2nd line caliber player for multiple seasons down the road. To suggest that Mcleod has the same lifespan as Svensson is a real bad take there, chief. As for filling up the pipeline, we now have 5 active prospects back in the pipeline so this trade didn't hurt our future in that aspect either.

grok: I don’t really know why Winnipeg is making this kind of deal. McCloud is a great depth add for a team that can contend, don’t get me wrong. From the Jets perspective though, does that 200 TPE move the needle enough to get past NOLA, EDM, or CGY? Even if they do get to the top of the pile, does that 200 TPE get them past whichever top-4 team emerges from the Eastern Conference meat grinder? From what we’ve seen in the FHM era so far, signs point to no. While that 2nd and 3rd might not add a ton of value to the Winnipeg organization, in hindsight there’s a big question mark around why they spent their resources in this direction instead of saving them for one of the big names that would become available later in the offseason. BAP is the big winner here, supporting their rebuild and keeping a “just in case” player for their forward depth.

Again, nobody ever suggested this move made us an automatic cup contender, so to use that as the metric as to whether a trade was good or bad is asinine. If SHN had their way, every team that wasn't NOLA, EDM, HAM, or BUF might as well just go full TBB, because if you aren't likely to win the cup you might as well just go full rebuild, right? But what none of you has even considered is salary cap here, and a big reason why this trade worked for us is because we gained 200 TPE without having to spend extra cap because Mcleod is on a value contract, which NO OTHER PLAYER OTB with similar TPE had. None of the big names were ever going to work for us because there is a salary cap. He was literally the best available option to upgrade Svensson from a numbers perspective. And, in case it wasn't mentioned already, he is ACTIVE and a new voice in the LR which also brings VALUE well above and beyond just his player's on-ice contributions. You have to consider ALL the pros and cons, not just cherry-pick one aspect and hold that up as the sole factor to determine. And if BAP is happy with what they got back, then that's great, too. I don't go out of my way to try and 'win' trades.

So, in conclusion, I know it's just media and it's just, like, your opinion, man, but when you're wrong, you're wrong and you should all feel shame.

Nola isn't even good

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-21-2020, 08:01 PMMuerto Wrote: 7/1/2020

BAP / WPG

To WPG:

Yoshimitsu McCloud

To BAP:
Kristoffer Svensson

Okay so yeah I did get the TPE off. It was a 145 TPE more. That is my bad. But im not saying this will or will not make you a cup contender. When I evaluate trades I solely look at stuff that I can analyze. I cant see into every teams locker room, so I can only go based off of what I can see. And what I see in your division, Edmonton recently upgraded(I do have problems with that trade), Calgary upgraded a tad with Anders Christiansen, Minnesota is along the same lines as you atm. And then in you conference NOLA who aquired Kirkby and Poroshenko. Though I also wrote this before the LAP trade to Edmonton, so I was in the view of LAP being a legit playoff team. So what I see is a depth chart of the west being(at that time)

EDM
NOLA
LAP
CGY
TEX
WPG/SFP
MIN

Now I see it more as

EDM
NOLA
CGY
TEX/WPG
LAP
SFP now
MIN

So im not saying that upgrading is wrong. I just didnt see a clear way into playoffs. And we agree on something. We both want playoffs to be more than 8. If playoffs werent 4 a conference then you would be in contention to get into the playoffs and I would like the move. But since playoffs are only 4 teams a conference I didnt see a clear path into playoffs/cup contention with a lot of the conference gearing up

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

07-21-2020, 08:01 PMMuerto Wrote: If SHN had their way, every team that wasn't NOLA, EDM, HAM, or BUF

The disrespect Chicago gets on this site is....fun, we apparently don't exist to most of the site lmao

But um I will say this, the Thun trade gets Winnipeg much more than just an upgrade on a C, anyone who's ever been in an LR with Thun knows what he adds to the team's LR and that alone makes him worth the price that was paid. It's something easy to overlook if you don't know him but he's the type of person everyone wants on their team. An absolute gem of a person.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]