Create Account

Leo Bloomfield post WJC Silver presser
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 06:39 PM by BloomeyGB.)

Ready to grade

Leo Bloomfield enters the room. He is wearing a semi-torn British Isles Jersey, with a Silver Medal dangling from his neck. His hair is a sweaty, champagne soaked mess. He grins broadly at the assembled reporters.
"Ask away gentlemen!"

Q: What have you taken away from this tournament that will help you in the coming season in the SMJHL?

A: I like to think of this season's tournament as an outlet for quality preparation for the upcoming season. Playing alongside people who are on different SMJHL teams, really helps to understand how they work. This can assist me going forward into the new season.

Q: What do you think the team can do to win the gold next year?

A: Keep hitting those key features and strategies. We had a winning formula this season, so as long as we don't make any massive changes, we should be alright for next season.

Q: Would you like to see the British Isles stay a team in the WJC or are you excited for the split into Great Britain and Ireland? Do you think either side would have a strategic advantage after splitting up?

A: We'll just have to wait and see really. Unfortunately, there just isn't that much young, Irish talent coming up through the ranks. I could easily see GB benefit from this more than Ireland.

Q: What do you think was your greatest strength in this tourney? What do you want to improve upon for next year?

A: Honestly, I just had a fantastic core of young defensemen in front of me. I also had a talented young backup, who challenged me every step of the way. So basically, the team around me was my greatest strength.
Improvement wise, there is nothing concrete that I want to work on at the moment. I just have to keep my focus and remain the All-round Goalie that I am.

Q: Fish and chips or a kebab?

A: Fish and Chips all the way. I enjoy the odd kebab, but for me Fish and Chips is the undisputed number one.

Q: Jameson or Bushmills?

A: I don't particularly mind. Whiskey is whiskey.

Q: Noel or Liam Gallagher?

A: Both. I don't really pay attention to their feud anymore. There in plenty of drama in the SHL. *laughs*

Q: Last season you got to wet your beak in the SHL against Tampa Bay. Which team would you like to face the most in another call up to the big league?

A: I would love to face Tamba Bay again. Easy win. I would also live to face New Orleans, because of the challenge it would present. They have a great batch of players whom I would love to play against.

Q: How was the experience for you during the WJC?

A: It was brilliant. I always enjoy playing in the WJC. A fantastic group of guys, who you wouldn't normally play with. I loved this season's tournament as well.

Q: Are you at all disappointed did not get the gold or are you only happy that you got this far and won the silver?

A: No, not at all. I loved winning silver and so did most of the guys. We got simply outplayed by the Americans. Silver was a good reward for a tough season's work and I believe that we deserved it.

Q: The SMJHL season is soon starting, what's your goal for the season, both personal and team wise?

A: Our Maine team goal (pun intended), is to perform well in the playoffs. This is a great opportunity to show to the rest of the league, how far we've come. Personal goals wise, I would love to make it into the All-star team. It's something that I haven't done yet, but really want to.

Q: Your thoughts on the SMJHL draft and the new prospects in the team?

A: We only drafted two people, but there great guys. Both of them are talented players and fit into our locker room very well.

"Okay guys, thank you very much for coming, God save the Queen"

[Image: bloomfield.png]
[Image: NEW_Team_final.png][img=0x280]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/789216032630898779/789216043259265024/unknown.png?width=1103&height=613[/img]

What have you taken away from this tournament that will help you in the coming season in the SMJHL?

What do you think the team can do to win the gold next year?

Would you like to see the British Isles stay a team in the IIHF or are you excited for the split into Great Britain and Ireland? Do you think either side would have a strategic advantage after splitting up?

What do you think was your greatest strength in this tourney? What do you want to improve upon for next year?

Fish and chips or a kebab?

Jameson or Bushmills?

Noel or Liam Gallagher?

Last season you got to wet your beak in the SHL against Tampa Bay. Which team would you like to face the most in another call up to the big league?

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

How was the experience for you during the WJC?

Are you at all disappointed did not get the gold or are you only happy that you got this far and won the silver?

The SMJHL season is soon starting, what's your goal for the season, both personal and team wise?

Your thoughts on the SMJHL draft and the new prospects in the team?

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !