Create Account

leviadan 7/26 (x2 SMJHL Draft)
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 01:11 PM by leviadan.)

[Image: james.jpg]
@littleb

[Image: andreioann.jpg]
@Andynoog

[Image: setzinger.jpg]
@EricC11

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

No 2x for this week. Only last week.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 01:30 PM by leviadan.)

07-21-2020, 01:03 PMCarpy48 Wrote: No 2x for this week. Only last week.

Really? The SMJHL double draft media says we can claim it before July 23rd?

EDIT: This post here was just brought to my attention which I obviously missed. That's my fault! That being said, why did we only have one day to submit SMJHL draft graphics? The draft was Saturday night and then the x2 ended Sunday?

Grading graphics is more work than grading written media. Our submission deadlines are always on Sundays and due to the amount of submissions we get during this time, we decided not to have two weeks for the gfx double media, but only one. Like last season. We don't want to make people wait even longer. Since we combine both drafts and they weren't on the same day, we decided to have the double media week last week (7/19 submission period) and not this week. We understand that the period after the SMJHL draft was very short, but we didn't pick the draft days and after all we did make the announcement about it. Sorry if you missed it.

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2020, 02:16 PM by leviadan.)

07-21-2020, 02:07 PMCarpy48 Wrote: We understand that the period after the SMJHL draft was very short, but we didn't pick the draft days and after all we did make the announcement about it. Sorry if you missed it.

I understand the backup on grading for sure. I guess my point is that even if I didn't miss that announcement post, there would have been no time to make SMJHL graphics anyway? The picks weren't in until 24 hours from the deadline. Seems a little unfair to anyone doing Junior graphics to say you can't get double media unless you have time in this 24 hour window, but SHL graphics people get 5 days.

It still looks bloody wicked!

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

@Carpy48 So is that end of discussion? SMJHL graphics people are just out of luck?

@leviadan as the member who posted the x2 announcement id like to personally apologize and hopefully shed a bit of light on the situation. first off i will say... in the 5 or so seasons that i have personally taken care of the x2 announcements there has never been any sort of planning between the graphics team and the media team or anyone else who deals with the drafts. we have always simply seen the media’s x2 announcement and made our decision on graphics x2 based off of their post. when i was tasked with this seasons announcement i had no idea when the draft even was and upon inquiring in a couple different LRs i was told “Wednesday” (7/15). though it only really gave users a half of a week to submit, we decided that we would do our x2 in line with the media departments draft x2. i dont think any of us in the graphics department even realized that the Js draft would be days later. its very obvious now that we should have pushed our x2 back a week, but by the time any of us could see that to be the case it was far too late. there is obviously some lack of communication here and in turn we are sort of left guessing. its unfortunate but as Carp had mentioned it just isnt really feasible for us to do multiple x2 submission weeks, its been done and caused more issues than anything. so yes, unfortunately some graphics users are out of luck and i sincerely apologize.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 09:24 PM by leviadan.)

07-25-2020, 02:31 PMhewasajazzman Wrote: @leviadan i dont think any of us in the graphics department even realized that the Js draft would be days later. its very obvious now that we should have pushed our x2 back a week

Yeah I guess I'm just upset that I put the time in, and then it turns out there was no time anyway. It's not like I could have started earlier in the week. Frustrating.

Sig 1: 2.5/5 = $625K
Sig 2: 2.5/5 = $625K
Sig 3: 2.5/5 = $625K

Total: $1.875

1. The vacancy on the top right looks ok because it's clear that the render is the focus; the action lines (bridge), lighting, and depth of focus all draw the attention there.

The text is a little bland , and the outer glow doesn't add much.

The jersey swap is a little off, but the color matching and shading is appreciated.

the gradient mapping in the background is nicely done. It effectively fades the element while having it match the main elements. The bird doesn't bother me, but curious what other graders think.

Stars Lions Berserkers