Create Account

S55 mPT #1 - Home Ice Advantage

I love Dragons, Knoots and in my hearth their arena is the best. So good memories, wins, jokes, achievements etc. This is place for my places in the hearth.

[Image: large_anMWt4mNFRjF8bCUsm6WF9hmD1z.jpg]

But if I must go professional here - I must talk numbers. I believe that Calgary Dragons and Kelowna Knights are best home teams to play at home (SHL and SMJHL respectively) but I don't get any proof. At the moment. Just my hearth!

I know which team has not certainly the Home Ice advantage.
For example New Orleans Specters is the team with best road record (13-10-2 vs 17-6-2). They are only team that road is better than home. 8 skaters have better road record than at home. Both goalies (Aleister Cain and backup Olli Saarinen) have got more wins in road games rather than home.

Olivier Cloutier
Michael Fox
Mika Mayfield
Boris Poroshenko
Kaspars Claude
Demacrius Smyth
Thomas Vanice
Charlie Serpe

Those 8 skaters scored/got more points in road games than home games.

[Image: tenor.gif]

In recent playoff race Specters New Orleans Specters had 9 away games giving 7-0-2 record (two of them OTW) while at home record was 5-3-0. So definitively we found best Away team.

[Image: tenor.gif]

After few more calculations I've noticed that Renegades Texas Renegades have best points (in standings) ratio at home (18-5-2 vs 8-14-3). And their home record is close to Eastern conference top team record while they have best home record in whole Western conference.

Reason? Probably key person here is White Goodman having terrific home ice record (17-5-2). This guy playing at home ice is like Russia in the winter. Josef Kubinec could be another key reason. At least for skaters. His production is way better home than road.

Despite losing their 4-Star cup bid in Season 54, the Anaheim Outlaws boasted a good "at home" season record, and also showed the power of home ice during the playoffs in pulling off some great wins against the toughest teams in the league.

The dragons definitely have home ice advantage because the opposing team is always distracted by the giant chicken parm on the roof of the arena. It's hard not to get hungry just looking at it.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Kelowna Knights always have the edge when playing at their home arena in Kelowna, BC. Prospera Place is a beautiful arena that has recently been upgraded to accommodate large crowds of hockey fans alike. Knights fans are known for their tenacity and often steer opposing fans clear of their arena. Kelowna also sports the Caps goal siren that can be heard up to miles away striking fear in opponents when scored on.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

As someone who played there in the juniors I'd say that Anchorage has the best home ice advantage. It's super cold there so only the most cold-blooded players feel at home plus the fans there are super nuts about the team and will not hesitate to heckle you. You'd probably better stay out of their way.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 10:33 AM by .bojo.)

I agree with Edmonton having the biggest home ice advantage? Have you ever been to Edmonton? Like, not because of hockey? The answer is no, because it will drain your soul as you wish to be anywhere but here. Even Ottawa sounds like fun.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I believe the Anchorage Armada have the best home ice advantage, and to be honest its only fair. As reported by @Wearingabear, the Armada traveled 91,366 miles this season. The Armada are so far away from every other team, that every road trip feels like they are gone for double the time. However, that works for their home ice advantage as well, as many teams are not use to traveling the far for a road game, making it extremely difficult for them to play after that long trip, giving the advantage to the Armada.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Calgary has the most impressive home ice advantage. When everyone wants to see the dragon roar and get free chicken parms, there's nothing that will stop the team from giving the fans what they want.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 10:53 AM by Brandon.)

The best home ice advantage in the SHL is a very sluid situation, as it changes with the times of which teams are successful and, in turn, which fanbases are the most engaged at any given time. All we can go off of is each team's track record and how they've performed at home, and the team with the best current home ice advantage has to be the Buffalo Stampede. Between the past two seasons, the Stampede have gone a staggering combined record of 38-11-1 at their home rink at the KeyBank Center, including a dominant record of 23-2-0 in their most recent campaign in S54. In the past two seasons, the Stampede have outscored their opponents 209-95 while playing in their home rink, further displaying their dominance while playing in front of their passionate home crowd over the past two seasons.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

In a completely unbiased fashion, I think there is one distinct team with superior home ice advantage. That team is the New Orleans Specters, who by virtue of playing in New Orleans, play in one of the liveliest cities in all of North America. This temptation could be too hard to overcome for many players, and so NOLA might be able to catch teams constantly hungover. (66 words)

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Detroit has the best home ice advantage in the league.  When the fans start their SKREE chants, opposing players cannot help but cover their ears and start crying.  It has happened every time.  We are specifically trained to resist this when we sign on with them so it gives us a huge advantage.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

The Kelowna Knights have the best home ice advantage in the SMJHL, and it isn't particularly close. This is true for two reasons:

1. Nobody can find Kelowna on their first try, leaving teams arriving at 4am the day before a game and getting terrible rest.
2. The air in the rink itself has so much alcohol floating around in it from the fans that it causes visiting players (who aren't used to it) to get a contact drunk.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Detroit Falcons have by far the biggest home advantage. They are prepared for the Skree. They know it's coming so they cover their ears while their opponents get deaf.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

The Detroit Falcon's home arena, AKA "The Nest" definitely gives us the biggest advantage in the league. Every rookie Falcon is given months of gene therapy until they can fly. Reaching "The Nest" is trivial when you can fly there, but it requires a two hour vertical climb up a sheer cliff face if you can't. Teams are usually pretty tired by the time they make it to the ice.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Everyone knows that Manhattan has the best fans. We are routinely selling out our arena and boast probably the best fan engagement social media. When the crowd roars our name we are unstoppable.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]