Create Account

S55 mPT #1 - Home Ice Advantage

This can only be the Newfoundland Berserkers, at least in the J. They got JAJA DING DONG on their side. And if that's not enough, they also got (Clean) Andrei, I don't think you need anything else.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

The Buffalo Stampede have the best home ice advantage going into this new season. Last season the team lost a total of TWO games at home while routinely routing their opponents who came to the state capital. The Stampede scored 5 or more goals at home 13 times, had a shutout 7 times and ripped off 16 straight wins at home to close to finish the season. Just pure dominance.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Buffalo has sold out every single seat for every single home game since monkey d luffy has joined the team and they make the loudest noise, so i have to go with buff.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

The Los Angeles Panthers have the greatest home ice advantage due to the fact that we literally have a man eating Panther that we can let loose at any time. The Panther is kept in an enclosure that is visible to the visiting team in the hope that it will be a distraction and an element of fear, causing players to become unhinged at the idea of being attacked and eaten.

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Carolina has a pretty good amount of staying power at their home ice. The atmosphere in the stadium feels pretty lively with the fans cheering loud and proud and the overall culture being a main stay towards keeping an audience together. There's things like a nice little Octo food stand in the upper deck and a merch store that sells memorabilia that celebrates past players and H.P Lovecraft works. Sometimes on a rare night you get to meet the GM of the Kraken before the game starts and it's always a very neat and cool experience. Overall, there's a great electric energy that goes into the Kraken's stadium and fanbase when they play and it almost feels on par with that of college sports with how crazy and hype the fans can get on nights, and that's one of the giant appeals of being apart of KrakenMania.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 12:20 PM by funk.)

Is anyone in here going to tell me in all honesty that Nevada doesn't have the best home ice advantage?

Brand new, top of the line arena. Energetic, fast paced team that's scrappy as all hell. We've already seen how Nevada Hockey looks. It's big and flashy. Visiting teams are drawn in to the night life. It's intimidating and powerful. It's home.

Missed that this wasn't for SMJHL Rooks. My bad.

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

Newfoundland's goal horn alone makes them a tremendous opponent to play against, because Jaja Ding Dong although being a good song, would become absolutely infuriating to hear over and over as your team gets lit up and would definitely make anyone lose focus on the game.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

The team with the most significant home ice advantage would probably be the SHL team, the New Orleans Specters. With so many ghosts haunting the arena, the spooky Specters are used to it, whereas other teams aren't used to ghostly whispers and boos breathing down their neck, or the way someone keeps messing around in the visiting team's locker rooms!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

The New England Wolfpack have the best home ice advantage in the SHL, because let's just say some of their fans take Wolfpack to the extreme. It's not uncommon for packs of wolves to fill the empty seats in the arena, and I'm not sure what's more intimidating to visiting teams than actual wolves howling and waiting to see which player of the opposing team will be easiest to take down.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Calgary plays it's home games at The BIG Parm which creates a huge home ice advantage because when their opponents see the giant parm atop the arena they can't think about anything else and it throws them off their game. We also pump the smell of chicken parm cooking into the air vents of the opposing locker room.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

SMJHL team Newfoundland Berserkers are just the worst to play at home. That goal song will forever haunt my dreams. Just the scream of "HA HA" echoes in my mind.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

There’s no doubt that when it comes to home ice advantage in the J that the Newfoundland Beeserkers take the cake. Being located in the middle of nowhere makes anyone who enters the depths of Newfoundland a threat to be absolutely bashed and there’s no two ways about that.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Ranking the SHL teams based on their home ice advantage:

16 - San Francisco Pride  pride : San Francisco is in a tough spot here. The team is situated on the coast in the middle of silicon valley, so the large majority of their fan base is techy nerds. It is also insanely expensive to live there, so it might not be in many's budget to pay to go see the Pride. Working doubly against San Francisco is the fact that they are just entering a rebuild. That is never good for fan attendance or atmosphere. All in all, SFP probably has the worst home ice advantage in the league.
15 - Tampa Bay Barracuda  Barracuda : Tampa Bay checks in right above the Pride. You might be thinking - "Tampa is in a hot state that doesn't love hockey, and they suck. How could they have a better home ice advantage than the Pride?" You would not be wrong there, but Tampa has something San Francisco doesn't - excitement for the future Cudas. They have a plethora of picks and young prospects and the CHOMP CHOMP WATER DOG chants really bring in some atmosphere.
14 - Los Angeles Panthers  Panthers : In a similar boat to San Francisco, Los Angeles is in the desert of California which is not really a hockey hub. They get points for being a better team than San Francisco, but it is still hard to have a home ice advantage when your main demographic for fans is extremely rich celebrities who arrive for the 2nd period and then dip out halfway through the third (aka Los Angeles Kings IRL).
13 - Manhattan Rage  Rage : Much like the Panthers, Manhattan is a hub for the elitist socialites of the world - not exactly the rowdy crowd that drives home ice advantage. While they get points for being a contender, New York has so much more going on that it is tough to see them drawing the biggest and noisiest crowd. That combined with the sure to be sky high ticket prices means the Rage don't quite get a rockin atmosphere.
12 - Baltimore Platoon  Platoon : Baltimore is in a decent hockey town on the East coast - so not as much outside to do as on the West coast in a hot sunny place. That helps draw fans in, and there is still a good legacy crowd from when the Platoon were good in the S40's. However, with them rebuilding and the shine wearing off over the last 5+ seasons, Baltimore's crowd is getting less and less excited. They were a tough team to place, but I don't think their home ice advantage is anything to see.
11 - Texas Renegades  Renegades : Yet another southern team. What makes Texas different is that they exploded out of nowhere last season to shock the league and almost make playoffs. They have that gritty under-dog vibe which helps draw the crowd in. They also have one of the best players in the league in Kvalheim which always helps get the atmosphere bumping. All this thrown together with an exciting prospect core about to be called up means that Texas is ranked here with a solid home ice advantage.
10 - Toronto North Stars  Stars : Our first Canadian team on this list, Toronto has a similar situation to Texas in that they have a young and exciting group coming up to the majors sooner rather than later. They don't have the excitement of being close to the playoffs, but they make it up by being in one of the great hockey cities and in Canada. What hurts them is that their entire lower bowl is likely to be full of corporate seats and business people, with only the top bowl reserved for the truly passionate fans. They also lose points cause the home ice advantage is not likely to be as strong when they have to play Buffalo, Hamilton and Chicago so often - getting pummeled on home ice sucks for the atmosphere.
9 - Chicago Syndicate  syndicate  : The second legendary hockey city on the ranking, Chicago gets points for their competitive team, breakout S54, and being in a working class city that is sure to have some wild fans to lend to their home ice advantage. They don't lose too many points - its just that every team above them is sure to have an amazing atmosphere that Chicago as a city and team just cant match.
8 - New Orleans Specters  Specters : New Orleans checks in here with a few major positives. Coming off their recent challenge cup win, NOLA is bound to be buzzing with energy at their games. They also get the advantage of crazy, wild, rowdy and very drunk fans that will make it a nightmare for opposing teams. With so much to do in the city, visiting players will get sucked into late nights and partying. While not a traditional hockey city, NOLA ranks here for their boisterous crowd that will make for a solid home ice advantage.
7 - Calgary Dragons  Dragons : Canadian city number two on this list is Calgary. Helped by their extreme hate for Edmonton, Calgary is a true hockey town as it is too cold half of the season to do much else. With a deep hockey history, Calgary is one of several Canadian teams that would prove to have a very good home ice advantage because of their atmosphere.
6 - Buffalo Stampede  Stampede : Buffalo isn't a Canadian city, but it may as well be. Right across the border from Toronto, this is where North Stars fans come to see their team play when they cant afford Toronto prices. Buffalo has been very successful and with a few cups in the last decade, they have the cocky fan base that comes to support them every game. The only problem is that they would turn on the team instantly when they are losing. So great city, great team, great atmosphere, but not always the best for the home team.
5 - Hamilton Steelhawks  Steelhawks : With nothing else to do in Hamilton, the Steelhawks reign supreme. With the Steelhawks being the bad boys of the league ever since their S51 title, their team and fans can take on a rowdy and confident attitude for their home games. With Hamilton being a team that out-shoots teams like crazy their home ice advantage would be huge to go along with the crazy and cocky hockey fans there.
4 - Edmonton Blizzard  Blizzard : The second half of the Alberta rivalry is Edmonton. Another pure hockey city, they benefit from having been a competitive team for a long time now. Also, have you been to Edmonton? There isn't a lot to do. Opposing teams may be bored out of their minds, making it harder to focus on playing. Edmonton definatley has a solid home ice advantage.
3 - New England Wolfpack  Wolfpack : Boston. Their fans are notoriously awful and this is the main reason the Wolfpack rank here. No one likes to play there. On top of the city being a good hockey town, I do not see there being many better home ice advantages.
2 - Winnipeg Jets  Jets : Even worse than Edmonton in terms of things to do, Winnipeg is one of the best hockey towns in all of the SHL. You can see it with the irl whiteouts and the passion that Jets fans have. They are situated in the middle of the praries and are the only hockey team for 12 hours. This funnels passionate hockey crazy fans that sell out games regardless of how good or bad they might be.
1 - Minnesota Chiefs  Chiefs : A controversial choice for the best home ice advantage, Minnesota combines the best factors of all the other teams. Hockey city? check. Middle of nowhere with nothing for fans to do? check. Ridiculously passionate fans? check. No other hockey for miles and miles? check. Minnesota might not have a competitive squad, but they do have all the keys to have a brutal home ice advantage

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Hello, Luffy Richard here to tell you about the best home ice on earth--Vancouver. There is nothing like a city that will riot for any reason which puts the fear of god into any team that comes to our city, because they know they might not make it out alive. Not only that, but the Whalers have a supporting staff that are logistical geniuses that could put the Whalers on the moon overnight without blinking an eye. Let me tall you about my stall, my home away from home. There is nothing more majestic than the care Carl Witherspoon puts into preparing my stall for me. Not only does he sage it before each game, he leaves a little bowl of dried lavender because he knows there is nothing more soothing to my soul than lavender. After my aura has been purged I just can't help but go out there and knock a few people through the glass. Carl puts out my favorite tape, and has back-up headphones charged for me in case I forgot mine, that way I can get down to some Unleash the Archers, or my ambient rain sounds which help with my stretches. Every Whaler is treated like a king, so why would any other team have a chance in our barn?

Not to mention the delicious food we have to offer such as Rowdy Ramen, so spicy you only borrow it. We even have our own brewing company within our barn, so our fans can get sauced at a discount to hype us up and rain down passive aggressive taunts at our opponents. Nothing hurts more than a "mean girls" type comment to a guy who is on a cold streak.

We have an in-house band that plays only the greatest hits from underrated Canadian legends 3 Inches of Blood. I tell ya, I get withdrawals from being away from this place, its electric!

so there you have it folks, other cities need not apply.

Luffy Richard,

out.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

Playing in Anchorage is an absolute fucking nightmare for opposing players. Alaska? Getting there is an absolute nightmare, and through all of my games played there I STILL don't know if they have wi-fi or not. Not only that, getting to the hotel and rinks is a nightmare. It's so tiny. And to that point Winnipeg is also has home ice advantage off the virtue no one wants to be there.

While I haven't been to Quebec for a game yet, I know for a fact every other team is going to play worse there because speaking english is frowned upon. The Citadelles are sitting in a good spot as there's a chance a mob will take out opposing teams top players for not using the correct tense of "toilette".

The terrible conditions for visiting teams make it a lot easier for the home team to steal games from tougher competition.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]