Create Account

Minnesota HOF Induction - Terrance Nova
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2020, 06:59 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs

[Image: YvFogwo.png]

It's been a few seasons since I took over as Head GM of the Minnesota Chiefs. In that time we have seen a drastic change to the LR and the franchise itself. But I also wanted to honor the franchise's past by adding a recently retired former Chief to the Minnesota Hall of Fame.

The player we are honoring today was one of the most prolific players ever to represent the team. They were drafted to the Chiefs in the Season 32 SHL Draft at 9th overall. They officially joined the team in Season 33 and wore our jersey for 16 seasons before being traded to the Edmonton Blizzard prior to the start of S49. They played for 5 more seasons before retiring after Season 53. This player is someone that was vital to the history of the franchise and a key part of the S39 Challenge Cup win.

Today we honor the career of

Terrance Nova

In their time as a Chief , Nova contributed

800 Games
(Tied for 1st among all MIN Forwards, Tied for 2nd in all MIN Skaters)
 367 Goals
(Top Goal Scorer in MIN History, 5th in SHL history for 1 team)
453 Assists
(1st among all MIN Forwards, 2nd in all MIN Skaters)
820 Points
(1st among all MIN Forwards, 2nd in all MIN Skaters, 8th in SHL history for 1 team)
+/- of 107
(2nd for MIN Skaters)
345 Penalty Minutes
(12th for MIN Skaters)
1153 Hits
(3rd for MIN Skaters)
3383 Shots
(2nd for MIN Skaters)
57 Game Winning Goals
(2nd for MIN Skaters, 7th in SHL history for 1 team)
33 Game Tying Goals
(1st for MIN Skaters, Tied for 1st in SHL history for 1 team )
S39 Challenge Cup Winner
S33 Ryan Jesster Nominee
S39 Anton Razov Nominee
S46 Ron Mexico Winner
S46 Sergei Karpotsov Trophy
1x 1st Team All Star
1x 2nd Team All Star
2x 3rd Team All Star
S33 Rookie Team All Star

As I was not the GM of the team at the time, I wanted to reach out to a few past teammates and members of management who were around for more of Nova's time as a Chief to give their view. Nova was often a polarizing figure during his time with Minnesota but I wanted to provide insight from those who were there.

Shmurph

"When I think about the Chiefs of the S40s, there's one name that always come to me; Terrance Nova. That guy was the superstar of the Chiefs for the most part of my tenure as GM and was probably the main reason for the success of the Chiefs from the retirement of Lord Pretty Flacko to the move to the West Conference. From leading the team in points during the bad seasons to leading the whole league in S46, Nova was truly one of the best player I had the chance to manage and he deserve his place with the Chiefs legends."

Sweg

"Terrance Nova is perhaps one of the most competitive players I've ever had the honor of sharing a team with, both on and off the ice. He was not one to shy away from defending his teammates at any cost and the results on the ice speaks for themselves. If it weren't for him we wouldn't have been close to as successful as we were during the 30's and 40's, and the cup drought would most likely still be in effect. When people talk about the best players in Chiefs history I will forever hold Nova as a cornerstone of the franchise and I am happy to have him join the gang!"

Andy

"As his former GM, I owe Nova a great deal of gratitude. Because of him, he paved the way for me being Co-GM of Minny. He was someone who had been in the league longer than me and really helped me round out my knowledge of the SHL. He was polarizing, however during his time in Minny there is no arguing that but what he did was always try to improve the team or his player. He was constantly in the war-room suggesting new lines, trying to grab as much TPE as possible. Without him, I doubt that we win the cup in S39 and without him I don't believe that Minny would have been nearly as successful while he was there"

Simply put, Terrance Nova is one of the leagues all-time greatest talents in SHL history and the story of Minnesota cannot be told without Nova . With that, I officially add Terrance Nova to the Minnesota Hall of Fame.

[Image: 4AOHiYT.png]

Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

What an absolute stud

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Well deserved!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs

We'll see if Nova's lucky #7 hanging in the rafters will act as a beacon back to the Challenge Cup!

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2020, 10:49 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

I like this, bunch of good seasons with my bud Sarmo

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

So deserved.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

One of the best.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Chiefs

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]