Create Account

HIRED: San Francisco Pride GM

Y'all so fucking salty god damn

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

@JumpierPegasus

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

07-23-2020, 11:30 AMWeretarantula Wrote: Y'all so fucking salty god damn
Pretty reasonable to be salty. GM applications rarely go up. People wait years to have a chance to get a team in the SHL. And right now, every candidate has to sit idly by and watch the interim GM burn it to the ground.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

#Applied and will be rebranding to the highly popular ‘Ohio Scooter-Monkeys'

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

07-23-2020, 12:32 PMMike Izzy Wrote: #Applied and will be rebranding to the highly popular ‘Ohio Scooter-Monkeys'

Gotta stay West

[Image: Wally.png]

One thing that I didn't even consider last night and didn't realize until now:

If Daft applied for the head GM job, it is a massive conflict of interest that he was allowed to make these trades IMO as he would be the only one of the applicants to have the power to change the team without being hired first. Him doing this has poisoned the well and could make other applicants re-think whether they still want the job, increasing the chances that he gets hired. Although I think at this point the fairest course of action is probably just to give him the GM job and make him lie in the bed he made.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

He is the co GM right? He has the power

PatriotesUsaWhalers

07-23-2020, 01:27 PMthecanadiancanuck Wrote: One thing that I didn't even consider last night and didn't realize until now:

If Daft applied for the head GM job, it is a massive conflict of interest that he was allowed to make these trades IMO as he would be the only one of the applicants to have the power to change the team without being hired first. Him doing this has poisoned the well and could make other applicants re-think whether they still want the job, increasing the chances that he gets hired.
This.

I actually think it goes a step farther, where HO has given tacit support to his candidacy over anyone else, before hiring even opened. Regardless of whether Daft is qualified (I think he is) or could do a good job, this is a really concerning look. Allowing an interim GM to make big franchise-altering trades before hiring for the position even opened is in conflict with having an open and fair application and hiring process.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

07-23-2020, 01:37 PMCampinKiller Wrote: He is the co GM right? He has the power
Technically Co-GMs do not have trade powers. Head GMs have to approve every transaction. He is the interim GM though. You can decide for yourself if making trades as interim GM is appropriate.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I applied btw

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

07-23-2020, 02:10 PMRindiee Wrote: I applied btw

moving SFP from 16th to 1st on my draft board as we speak

07-23-2020, 08:30 AMNONAME Wrote: applied

Laughing

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

07-23-2020, 02:28 PMgrok Wrote:
07-23-2020, 02:10 PMRindiee Wrote: I applied btw

moving SFP from 16th to 1st on my draft board as we speak

good man

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

07-23-2020, 01:55 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
07-23-2020, 01:37 PMCampinKiller Wrote: He is the co GM right? He has the power
Technically Co-GMs do not have trade powers. Head GMs have to approve every transaction. He is the interim GM though. You can decide for yourself if making trades as interim GM is appropriate.

Ahh, makes sense, figured the GM could just veto but that’s the same thing

PatriotesUsaWhalers

07-23-2020, 01:27 PMthecanadiancanuck Wrote: One thing that I didn't even consider last night and didn't realize until now:

If Daft applied for the head GM job, it is a massive conflict of interest that he was allowed to make these trades IMO as he would be the only one of the applicants to have the power to change the team without being hired first. Him doing this has poisoned the well and could make other applicants re-think whether they still want the job, increasing the chances that he gets hired. Although I think at this point the fairest course of action is probably just to give him the GM job and make him lie in the bed he made.

loving the conspiracy theory Laughing

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]