Create Account

Permanent Earned Attribute Bonuses

Or PEABs, for short.

They are a permanent +1 to a stat in a given category, bestowed upon a player that hits some sort of milestone, or perhaps instead, wins an award.

A maximum of 3 per player, so as not to let certain skaters outpace the rest of the field.

Example:

In S53, Barret McCarthy wins the Bojo Biscuit Trophy as a result of being deemed the best defensive defenseman of that season. McCarthy's user Inf1d3l can then note in an update that he's choosing to apply his newly acquired PEAB to the Positioning stat, which means that from now on, McCarthy's positioning is determined by the amount of TPE allocated into the stat... then a flat +1 is added to the top.

[Image: jECqb5h.jpg]
Pictured: the new total of McCarthy's Positioning stat, next to which is a bracketed equation that shows his base Positioning attribute and the amount of PEABs added)

Awards could be as general or specific as the league sees fit: you might let an MVP winner choose to put the PEAB in any of the three categories. Goalies would obviously choose one of the goalie attributes upon winning the Honcho or McBride. The Playoff MVP could be allowed to increase their 'Big Games' attribute by +1, which reflects their status as a player that's especially clutch.

(I realize PEAB is a terrible term for this, but I didn't want to type out Permanent Earned Attribute Bonus every time. The name could be anything.)

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I think that will be good in theory. but it has a potential to be abused. and have people get REAL salty

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

would be cool if you could go past 20 with these

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I like it if it's only based in individual performance. But the chances for abuse are huge. I had a similar idea for a TPE bonus based on draft position(I like the idea of 1OA players being an impact straight away similar to real teams) but then people would just draft their buddies and the old boy network would be worse than it currently is. A lot of awards are voted on or done by a committee so they might show favoritism toward friends or players on their teams. But say your player sets a record for most goals in a season, most shutouts, or something like that, then maybe it could work.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Id be down for some stats update on the leadership for captains. This would incline teams to name them and we could see a slight difference in the sim.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Definitely not based on awards.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-24-2020, 12:13 AMスウェグキング Wrote: Definitely not based on awards.

Agreed, but additionally I don't like it being based on any sim performance.

I don't think there's any way to do this that wouldn't be gameable.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Make my big games 20 pls

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

This would just make the rich richer tbh. We're already in a spot where there's a ton of TPE up for grabs, and the only way it seems to get these (based on the original post) is off of in game performances, which would benefit the people already in on all the point tasks. That doesn't seem to fit into the idea of causing more parity, and would lead to more issues, at least the way I'm reading it.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Problem I see with this is as long as you could increase any stat that is at 17 or higher you are essentially rewarding 40 TPE (at least until player has regressed enough) to player for winning an award which I don't see reasonable or change that will cause anything but people trying to game the system and some extra drama. I think it is way too much for way too random.

In general though I don't dislike idea of having static boosts as long as we find way to make them more reasonable accessible. Though I would like to know more how having some ways to change stuff that is set on 15 would effect the sim, like mentioned here captains having some leadership boost or like adding +1 to big games to everyone playing in CC finals, but if it just starts to stack and have too big effect I wouldn't want that.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

As much as I like this idea, It would require a major overhaul to the awards committee. HO oversight, one rep from each team, requiring each rep to explain each vote instead of just voting and leaving it at that. Honestly, I'm a proponent of an awards overhaul anyways, but there's not gonna be many that agree with how I'd do it.

But doing this with the awards committee as is leaves far too much room for certain players to get all 3 very quickly, and undeservedly so

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

07-24-2020, 12:04 AMEvok Wrote: Id be down for some stats update on the leadership for captains. This would incline teams to name them and we could see a slight difference in the sim.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

We’ve been fighting TPE inflation for years, seems counterintuitive to introduce a feature that permanently grants a significant amount of TPE (max 3 PEAB x 40 tpe per attribute boost at 17+)

It’s an interesting idea for sure. Evok’s idea regarding captaincy boosts is certainly more intriguing than having it based on awards. Still, it just seems like a bit much.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

07-24-2020, 12:04 AMEvok Wrote: Id be down for some stats update on the leadership for captains. This would incline teams to name them and we could see a slight difference in the sim.

I like this. IDK what leadership does overall but I think it would be cool that longer named captains had higher leadership. Potential for abuse but everything can be abused.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]