Create Account

S54 SHL Awards Show

07-26-2020, 09:52 PMImShiny Wrote:
07-26-2020, 09:45 PMBuster Wrote: Thank you everyone for a fantastic awards show. If you had any issues with the awards, my name is Bojo!
wait wheres my award

Wait shit I forgot to give that one out. Next season

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

07-26-2020, 09:54 PMBuster Wrote:
07-26-2020, 09:52 PMImShiny Wrote: wait wheres my award

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Congrats to all award winners!

[Image: Wally.png]

07-26-2020, 09:54 PMBuster Wrote:
07-26-2020, 09:52 PMImShiny Wrote: wait wheres my award

you said that last season ):

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

07-26-2020, 09:06 PMJayWhy Wrote: Not really sure how I feel about the defensive defenseman award having two players from the same team that let in the 3rd most goals against in the Western Conference. Feel like the third spot on the list was open enough to just include someone from a different team, not to take anything away from anyone of course.

Other critique on defensive awards, it cites offensive stats like corsi and fenwick. I understand, people use them like they're defensive but they legitimately mean you have the puck and shoot more than others, which is the definition of offense. Curious if there's a better way, but of course, old school defensemen will always be second rate to two ways to this league, even when we make something for them individually.
imagine saying corsi and fenwick don't have anything to do with defensive play.

Also you say it as if their GA/60 wasn't very good, on the level of some great players on top teams, and that they both didn't have elite level takeaway to giveaway ratios.

I feel like I know what you're hinting at here and maybe you're advocating for a player that missed the final cut due to a tiebreaker. I would urge you to look at these metrics and think again as to whether these noms were justified or not. This is not only directed to you as I've seen criticism of the noms for this award in particular elsewhere.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]