Create Account

S54 SHL Awards Show Announcement

Hello all,

After discussing with our commish, we have decided to bring back an old SHL favourite, in show predictions!

The way this will work is that when an awards nom is posted, everyone has a chance to guess who will win the award. The first person with the correct answer will win 1M cash. To make things fair, you can only win once.

To make up for this, the awards will stay as tomorrow, July 26th at 8pm Eastern to make sure everyone has advanced notice. Nominees will not be posted early to give everyone an even playing field.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Very cool

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

:simon:

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Well RIP the website during awards, since everyone will be spamming F5

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I don't know what the site's capabilities are but because it's the FIRST person who guesses correctly, you're going to have 50+ people just spamming refresh on the thread every single second to see when a new nom is posted so they can get a guess in first. Might do bad things. Feels like it could be more open than that to discourage us DDOSing ourselves and spreading the wealth a little.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Cool idea, not that I need money, but the time is less than ideal for people in other time zones. I'm definitely out.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2020, 03:05 AM by UrsinZ.)

07-25-2020, 06:23 PMBuster Wrote: Hello all,

After discussing with our commish, we have decided to bring back an old SHL favourite, in show predictions!

The way this will work is that when an awards nom is posted, everyone has a chance to guess who will win the award. The first person with the correct answer will win 1M cash. To make things fair, you can only win once.

To make up for this, the awards will stay as tomorrow, July 26th at 8pm Eastern to make sure everyone has advanced notice. Nominees will not be posted early to give everyone an even playing field.

I like the idea it's just frustrating for european guys who can't attend such things...

It's not just this event... Like drafts being on such ridiculous times where european people can't attend them if they have a normal day life...

I understand we can't make it right for everyone but it's just so frustrating to get left out of these things...

And I mean it's not like we cant fix it... just make it 6h earlyer... Nearly every NA person should be up then and has a fair chance to attend these things...

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

07-26-2020, 03:01 AMUrsinZ Wrote:

I like the idea it's just frustrating for european guys who can't attend such things...

It's not just this event... Like drafts being on such ridiculous times where european people can't attend them if they have a normal day life...

I understand we can't make it right for everyone but it's just so frustrating to get left out of these things...

And I mean it's not like we cant fix it... just make it 6h earlyer... Nearly every NA person should be up then and has a fair chance to attend these things...

Nah I'll be golfing if it's 6 hours earlier, so obviously the proposed time is better.

But for real, if we're attaching progression currency (which money is) to this it should be setup more like our PTs where people have at least a day's worth of time to submit their guesses and get rewarded if they guess right. Whether it's capped at a single correct guess or cumulative in some way, I don't care. I know this is trying to capture an in-the-moment situation but this game we all play isn't designed around 3-5 minute windows of engagement.

I hate that I'm shitting on this because I'm all for finding new ways to engage and reward people with $ but it feels like we're firing from the hip on it and I think any reward should be given with more consideration.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

I feel like something like a google doc posted today with each award in it where everyone could submit their predictions and money could somehow be awarded from there would work best and gives a bit more of a fair chance. Maybe something like the first person to make a submission with the correct winner for each award or something I guess

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

07-26-2020, 03:01 AMUrsinZ Wrote:

Yeahthat

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

07-26-2020, 06:30 AMKatth Wrote:
07-26-2020, 03:01 AMUrsinZ Wrote: I like the idea it's just frustrating for european guys who can't attend such things...

Yeahthat

Same for us in Asia

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I mean, there's already TPE for predicting awards

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

07-26-2020, 06:30 AMKatth Wrote:
07-26-2020, 03:01 AMUrsinZ Wrote: I like the idea it's just frustrating for european guys who can't attend such things...

Yeahthat

Yep.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2020, 03:19 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

07-26-2020, 07:22 AMMuerto Wrote: I mean, there's already TPE for predicting awards

This is kinda what im feeling, money is so easy to come by anyway.

I dont care that much tho, i wont ever be able to get it anyways. :D

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]