Create Account

S56 Player Profile - Jimbo Slice, Nevada Battleborn

Player Profile: Jimbo Slice 
This report has been conducted by "The Bob Father" so it is totally legit and in no way fabricated!

Jimbo Slice was not selected in the draft, but a few teams were very high on this young man during the FA stage of the year. He and his agent had many offers but figured that the Battleborn gave him the best opportunity to succeed. They had a slot for Jimbo that allowed him to showcase his size, strength, poise, ability to shoot the puck like the greats that came before him, and his ability to pass. 

With the intangibles that Jimbo brings to the table he should be able to make an immediate impact to the Nevada Battleborn. Alongside the other highly touted rookies that the Battleborn have on their roster, he should be able to fit right into their system and be a primary contributor right off the rip. 

If there were one statement that I could use to describe Jimbo Slice, it would be "He puts the white on rice"... That is how he plays the game, big, physical and not afraid to throw himself at someone if it means making a good play.

Scouting Report:

Birth Place: Barcelona, Spain
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 217 lbs
Handedness: Right
Position: Center 

NHL Comparables: Off-Brand Mario Lemieux and Eric Lindros 

Player Strengths:

Confidence handling the puck in traffic (can weave through the opposition)
Big frame allows him to use the body
Hockey IQ is off the charts which allows Jimbo to get open for his teammates
A shot that can put a dent in a sheet of titanium
A powerful skater, technique is a little odd, but powerful nonetheless 

Areas of Improvement:

Passing, while he can make a crisp pass, it is often overshadows by his strengths
His defensive awareness isn't where it should be at this stage of his career
Attitude... Attitude is something that needs to be worked on, only speaks to people through his agent, except when on the ice, then he will communicate naturally
Utilizing his teammates, he enjoys passing to his teammates, but at the end of the day he is happiest when the puck is on his stick.

Quotes:

"He's the most bizarre skater I've ever seen in my entire life. Boy's like an ostrich on stilts out there." @Arayvenn

"Jimbo stands out as a fiery player with immense untapped potential. Long, lanky frame with a smoothness to his skating to separate and create space with a single stride. Using this in conjunction with his soft hands and high offensive IQ will prove to be a potent mix of a lethal scoring cocktail." @"GMFunk"

" When we saw him on the FA list, we knew we had to have him. He's a big Center with good shooting accuracy, puck handling and strong  offensive sense of the game. The upside on this player is high and we just had to get him into a Battleborn jersey!" @Jearim

"When I found out his name was Jimbo, I instantly thought of Jimmy Neutron. That boy was a genius, I tell you what. So I knew we needed a genuine genius out there on the ice." @Nokazoa

I loved the quotes for this article. Good job!

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

This is content

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Awesome article

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]