Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #1 - Season Goals

Heading into the season, every player likes to set goals that they attempt to achieve over the course of the season. What are those goals for your player?

Written option: What are some goals you have for yourself or your player in this upcoming season? Must include 150 words and some stats, attributes or even something more personality related.

Graphic option: Make a graphic that features your player working towards achieving their goals. Must feature a player render and team apparel of some sort.

Reward 4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S55 SMJHL Rookies (S56 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

Deadline  Sunday, August 2nd @ 11:59pm EST

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

My goals for Chimkin Tendy are honestly to make a good impression on some SHL GMs and be drafted by a team. I don’t even care when I’m drafted as long as I’m actually drafted. I know I’ve created two players and gone inactive with both after creating the legendary Hall of Famer Brian Morley, but I hope that some SHL managers give me a chance. After that I’d like to be sent back down to the SMJHL for some more seasoning with the junior league, as I’m sure I won’t be ready for full time duty in the big leagues yet. Possibly another SMJHL season after that, and then I hope to have a great career in the SHL. But I just realized this was about season goals not career goals. So really I just hope to post a below 3 GAA and a save percentage in the 9’s and I’d be happy with that. Of course I’d like to win a Four Star Cup as well with the Boat Boiz.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

For my first season in the SMJHL I think my personal goals are to have a positive +- stat and score 15 goals. As far as team goals I hope to help the Whalers finish better than last place. We are still a young growing team, but I think we can compete in our division and hopefully not finish as the last place team. I hope to continue to gain TPE for Kobo so that I can increase many attributes throughout the season and be a much better player by the end of the season than he is now at the start. Hopefully by the end of the season he is a goal scoring force and can help a late season playoff push for the Whalers. First thing I want to do is focus on the Physical Attributes and get Kobo faster and stronger so that he doesn't get pushed around the ice too much. It's easy to forget about those physical attributes and focus on offense and defense, but I think they actually might be more important than either for early player success.

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

My personal goals for this season is too have an overall good season. This is my first true season in the league, so I honestly have no expectations. I do want the Citadel to at least win 25 games, which I believe is a definitely doable goal. Currently in the preseason I have a 3.10 GAA and a .910% SV%, which I am told are pretty good stats. I am hoping to keep up the pace into the season and ultimately have a season to remember. I also have no problems sharing a goal with Mat Smith, and another goal of mine is that we keep pushing each other to do better. I want the best for him.

Another big goal for me is to be a max earner. In the DSFL I wasn't one as I skipped a few points tasks and I wasn't picked in the ISFL draft until the 4th round. I won't make that mistake here in this league, and I will try to earn as much TPE here as I can.

Phillip Weaver S55 SMJHL Season Goals

Tier 1 - Lofty Nearly (but not quite) Unattainable Goals

-Win 4 Star Cup in Nevada's Inaugural Season
- Win Brodie Witzel Trophy (Playoff MVP)
-Be nominated for the Tom Corcoran Trophy (Top Goalie)
-Win Tom Corcoran Trophy
-Lead All Goalies in GAA and SV%
-Win Esa Anrikkanen Trophy (Top Rookie)

Tier 2 - Will Have to Work For It Goals

-Be Nominated for Esa Anrikkanen Trophy
-End Season With SV% Above .900%
-End Season With 2 or More Shutouts
-End Season in Top 6 in GAA and SV%
-Lead All Rookie Goalies in GAA, SV%, SO, and Minutes played

Tier 3 - Unless I Go IA, No Problem Goals

-Start over 60% of Teams Regular Season Games
-Be Active Member in Locker Room 
- Earn as Much TPE as Humanly Possible 

Tier 4 - Most Important Goals

-Have Fun
-Make New Friends 

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

As a complete newcomer here I need to get a fell of this game, getting experiences on all areas. I would like to play constantly for my newly established team (Quebec City) and help team to be as good as possible; reach the playoffs would be awesome. I would like to improve my skills as a Center, looking to be a playmaker type of player. Upgrading my faceoff skills will be a must as well; what is a center if he can't win a faceoff. Regarding stats, positive +/- would be awesome, getting as many assists as possible and few goals too. I would like to stay out of trouble with very little PIM and no fights at all.

With constant improvement I hope I will impress my general manager and he will move me higher than 4th line, where I was during preseason games. I am very well aware that I need to deserve every second I spend on ice with good training and good performance on ice. Most important; I will need to stay healthy to reach my goals.

This season I'd like to learn as much as I can about the SHL and the SMJHL since I just joined and all of this is new to me. A big part of this will also be learning how to use TPE to progress my player as effectively as possible. I'd also love to participate in the community, both with my team, the Quebec City Citadelles, and with the entire league as a whole. Getting to know my teammates is something I'm really looking forward to. As for some goals on the simulated ice this season, I'm happy as the "1B" goaltender for Quebec City and sharing the crease with my teammate David Danielson. As he mentioned I hope we can push each other to both be the best that we can be, and together steal some wins for our team. If by the end of the season my stats are above .900 SV%, below 3.5 GAA, that would be huge, and if I can pull off at least one shutout during that time, that would be icing on the cake.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

John Donair is looking to make a name for himself as a two-way forward, having as much success on defense as he tended to on offense against lower competition. While Donair realizes his physical stature gave him the advantage on many exchanges on the NA3HL, the competition at the SMJHL and SHL levels is quite a bit more fierce, so he'll have to step up his vision and puckhandling skills.

With regard to specific stats, some goals and assists would be nice. Donair likely won't be lighting up the scoreboard, but he will be around the net setting screens often, so the occasional tip-in seems inevitable. A shot block or a hit per game would be a nice goal to set moving into his first SMJHL season.

Off the ice, Donair is simply learning the ropes of the Outlaws organization--their history, their former greats, and what makes them a Cup contender nearly every season since the team was formed.

I have several goals:

1) Learn the whole process. It has been a wild ride so far but I have managed to figure quite a bit out, thanks to some great people on the site and on my team. I need to keep learning the process and take advantage of everything the sim has to offer. I plan on taking this first full season to just learn the player side before I venture into other parts of the sim.
2) Offer my programming skills to improving the site in general. I have already hooked up with some of the people who work on the site.
3) Improve my player to help my SMJHL team win some games and make the playoffs,  and so he has a better chance of getting drafted into the SHL. I've already done pretty good job of moving his TPE up and will continue to do so. I plan on being as defensive as possible but might put a few points here and there into offensive skills. 
4) Have fun and meet some new people. Already well on the way for that one!

Kraagenskul

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

My goals for Grape Fruit are to continue to figure out the best way to maximize TPE to become a better player. For official stats, I would like to reach 10 points on the season with at least 8 assists. As someone who has never used FHM, I would like to become more familiar with the engine and discover the most efficient way to created the type of player I am going for. Hopefully, I will show to the SHL general managers that I can be an asset to any team and while I still have much to learn, I will do my best to benefit the team. It would be nice to be drafted in the first two rounds of the SHL draft but I know there are a lot of quality players to compete with. For the Carolina Kraken, my goal is to support the title defense and hopefully go back to back. Lastly, I would love to enjoy this new experience since I have never done a simulation league before so I hope to continue having fun!

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

Simonsson sat down with General Manager Tig Murphy to go over the expectations for the season. GMTM laid out Oskar's position on the third line left wing surrounded by two veteran forwards and gave him the nod of approval. Yngve knew what they discussed on draft night were his expectations for the year

Detroit and Yngve both are expecting him to contribute as a speedy left winger who can find his open centre or right winger streaking towards the net. The team expects him to use his speed to draw defenders and open up the ice for the two veteran forwards. The team isn't expecting Yngve to reinvent the wheel or be the best player on the ice, but just to stay smart, and be a good teammate. That's the goal for season one. As the seasons go on and Yngve has more experience under his belt, it will be his job to drive offense

Statistically the team hopes that Yngve can put up 10-15 points potting in 5 goals from the wing. The team wants to see a high shot number on Yngve's stat sheet by the end of the year, even if they are low quality, because that gets the puck to the middle with opportunity for a rebound.

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

For a young player joining the SMJHL like Alexis Vermette, he is very careful not to make his dreams too big. He is a young player who has a lot to learn and so he doesn’t want to get too far ahead of himself.

For his first season playing in the SMJHL with the Nevada Battleborn Alexis would like to be able to score 10 goals. He is a primary goal scorer with high attribute scores in Shooting Accuracy and Offensive Read which should mean that he is capable of getting the puck in the net. He would like to be able to have 10 assists to go with his 10 goals too. Goal scoring is the main goal but Alexis would also like to demonstrate that he is a playmaker too.

The two goals for the season would combine to give him 20 points, which is a lot for a rookie but he will get a good amount of playing time for Nevada which means it is possible to achieve.

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Adrian Ayers has not set any goals stats-wise specifically this season. He just got drafted by Carolina and knows that his playing time will be limited. The roster at Carolina Kraken is pretty stacked, so i wouldn’t be surprised if he starts out as a fourth-liner. It would be nice to score a few goals and get some points here and there, but it is definately not a must. Adrian will use his first season mostly to train to get a little stronger, especially in the physical ratings. That means getting quicker on the feet, aswell as improving on strength, stamina and balance. He will work out a lot with fellow teammate Jimmy Wagner, trying to learn from him to have a chance to follow his footsteps in the future. Apart from getting stronger physically, Adrian has also set a goal to become a familiar face in the locker room. He would like to know the team.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Grandmaster Funk, as a young Irish lad, grew up batting potatoes around with a field hockey stick. Every day, he'd be in the back yard slingin' spuds at a laundry basket, just imagining what it would be like to get his name called for the SHL entry draft.
In his mind, he was always the first name called. In his mind, he was a superstar.

Grandmaster Funk's seasonal goals are:
Make an impact on a fledgeling Nevada squad.
Grind his way up the depth chart.
Bring his team to glory (playoffs) in their inaugural season.
And finally, to get drafted by the only team in the SHL that knows what true Irish drive is.

Statistically, Funk wants to put up a respectable 15 points while maintaining an average D grade over 65.

In the locker room, Funk wants to be a constant positive presence. A leader on and off the ice. An emotional rock for the Battleborn and a good role model in the state of Nevada.

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

My goals for the upcoming seasons are fairly simple, I want to score at least ten goals and get into five fights. I think I have a good chance of reaching both, I´m going to get a decent role here in Nevada, which hopefully means that I will get to play on the powerplays as well. On the powerplay player like myself will get the opportunities to score eventually, I´m going to be near the net and ready to shovel those loose pucks in. What comes down to the fights, I´m going to play hard from start to end, I feel like my playing style could lead into gloves getting dropped here and there, five fights is a reasonable goal in that sense.

Overall and more of a big goal for the upcoming season is to keep going forward steadily, I want to improve as a player, especially my shot is something that I´m hoping to improve a lot in the future. I want to be a goal scorer in the future.