Create Account

David's morning routine
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 10:28 AM by WildfireMicro.)

David Danielson has just woken up in his Qubec home after a long day of practice yesterday. He then went into his usual morning routine. Having a routine is important to David, as it lets him make sure everything is in it's place. He hated when things were out of order or misplaced, and sometimes he thinks he has OCD, though he wouldn't call it an obsession. Its just annoying to him when things aren't the same every morning. To start his routine, he started his coffee maker and worked on an eggs and Canadian bacon breakfast.
After the coffee is done with caramel creamer added on his fiancé Ruby finally woke up. She always woke up after him, though it didn't bother him. Gave him more time to make the breakfast how they both liked it. "Good morning honey" he smiles at her
"Good morning David" she says as she kisses him "all of that sure smells good"
"Yeah it is made just how we like it" he says as they sat down to eat "BTW I am supposed to go down to the team office to have a meeting today"
"What do you think it will be about?" She asks him
"Not sure, but I'll tell you all about it later" He then takes a shower and shaves before checking his phone for any messages. He didn't like checking his phone before he finishes his routine, and figured if anyone wanted to read get ahold of him they would actually call him. Sure enough, there was a message telling him to get to the office soon. He quickly got dressed nice and kissed Ruby goodbye as he got into his car and headed out.
He honestly still hadn't gotten used to Qubec, so he took a minute to get to the office but his GPS helped him. He entered the office to see the team waiting for him.
"Sorry that I am late" he says sheepishly "my routine is important to me"
"Honestly you need to get checked for OCD, you sure have a lot of symptoms" the head coach says
"Yeah I know" he says as he sits down and relaxes as he listens to the meeting that was about team captains. He honestly was mad that goalies couldn't be captains, but he had gotten over it. It was after the meeting that he was called into the coaches office which surprised him. It was there that he saw a man with the coach and GM.
"Hey is he a new free agent we picked up?" He asks the coach
"You can say that. David, meet Mat Smith the goalie you will be splitting time with" the coach answers
"Hmm. I thought I would be the only goalie but oh well." David says as he extends his hand to shake Mat's "my names David Danielson nice to meet you"
"Nice to meet you too David" Mat says as they shake hands
"You're taking this rather well David" the GM says, surprised
"There's nothing I can really do about it, so I won't dwell about it" David shrugs "besides it will be interesting seeing us help each other be better"
"That's a good attitude to have" Mat says "anyways I think practice is about to start" they headed down to the practice facility to work on goal shots. Both David and Mat split reps, both looking good as they tried thier best to defend every shot. They were all tired by the end, and said thier goodbyes as they headed home. Ruby immediately hugged and David when he reached home, and they say down to watch TV
"They signed a second goalie  that I will be splitting time with by the way" he says as they watch some wrestling
"Hmm I thought you would be the only goalie" Ruby raises an eyebrow, surprised "are you ok with this?"
"Yeah I am. It will inspire us both to be better, and I think that's good for the team" He says as Ruby puts her head on his shoulder "besides, if I was the goalie every game i would be extremely tired an ineffective. This way I get an occasional break"
"I guess that makes sense" she smiles, and later they discuss the possibility of getting a dog. Well it was Ruby who really wanted the dog, David was apprehensive about it. "Honey if we get a dog, we can have protection against anybody that wants to break into the house"
"I know but...its a big responsibility" he said hesitantly "I don't know if I am ready for it..."
"Well a dog would be less of a responsibility then a kid and would help you see if you could take care of an actual child when the time comes around" She explains
"Yeah i guess you're right...let's go to the animal shelter" They then headed to a local animal shelter called Sweets Paws Animal Shelter
"Hey welcome to Sweet Paws!" The receptionist says sweetly "are you looking to adopt?"
"Yeah we would like a big dog who would be good for the winter here" Ruby explains "maybe a husky or something?"
"We do have a 3 year old dog who might be perfect for you!" She says excitedly, before showing them to the cages full of barking dogs of all kinds. They would eventually reach a cage that a sweet St.Bernard named Bella was in. Ruby immediately fell in love with the sweet dog, and she even quickly won over David. They then immediately decided to adopt her, signing some papers and being told that they can get her in a few days. When they reached home, Ruby sees David writing in a journal next to his bed as they prepared to go to sleep
"What are you writing about honey" she asks him curiously
"Oh i am adding 'feed Bella' to my routine so I never forget to do that" he explains to her
"That is a good idea" she smiles "anyways, goodnight sweetie"
"Goodnight honey" he says as he goes to sleep, ready to do his routine in the morning all over again

Great article and great team spirit Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Greatest goaltending tandem in the SMJHL - good read!
Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate