Create Account

S55 PT #2 - Equipment Sponsorship

[Image: pt2final.jpg]

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Alex got a call from his agent, telling him that he has received a sponsorship offer from CCM, who one of the largest producers of hockey equipment in the world. They sent him a new set of Jetspeed sticks, which he is really excited to try out. The Jetspeed sticks are designed to release the puck at a higher speed, which helps his passes to arrive quicker, and his shots to fly faster. Also included in this CCM care package is a brand new pair of Super tacks skates, which are always appreciated. Finally, he got a few tshirts and hats to hand out to others on the team. Alex spent no less than an hour at the next practice handing out CCM swag and talking about how great his new Jetspeed sticks were. I'm sure by the end of the week, either all of the Citadelles players will have switched over to CCM, or will never want to hear about it again.

164 words

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

I just recently was contacted by the nice guys at Wendy's about a sponsorship for their new line of hockey equipment shaped food. For the sponsorship they had me put on actual food. It was gross. I wore a helmet of fries, gloves of burger, skates of chicken nugget, and shoulder pads of some unknown substance. For the record, I dont eat Wendy's I just really like money. Ya know what I mean? Well I hope you do. It is pretty straightforward. I wear the BEEF I get mad stacks of cash. I did receive a letter from my former sponsor, Burger King, about that. They weren't too happy about it... However I get paid more and get free food that I will never eat. Win Win. Only a matter of time until I get a letter from Carl Juniors or something. I guess I gotta wait for it. "Wait for it Wait for it Wait for it Wait for it Wait for it. I am the one thing in life I can control" - Hamilton

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

So just the other day my agent tells me he is working out a sponsorship deal  with a company better known for their hockey sticks rather than anything else.  Sherwood has made an offer to us as they are launching their new line of state of the art  equipment from head to toe.  At first I was ecstatic about it, new gear with super lightweight materials and high end engineering aerodynamics for the helmet and skates. Also they are making a green movement as all their products are from recycled materials that were used for hockey itself.

Commercials and billboards of myself plastered across town with this new gear had me pretty excited  until they insisted that they are bringing back the old school straight as an arrow hockey sticks and wanted me to be the spearhead in the movement to bring it back.  Their slogan was about taking backhands and winning faceoffs to the next level as this seems to be a lost art in todays game.  Needless to say I doubled down their offer and took the deal!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Someone wants to give Alex Petrenko money to wear their gear? Great! Alex has never been too picky about the gear he wears. There's a lot of good companies that make quality stuff and he'd be happy wearing any of them. Before, he was just wearing the brands that his coaches and teammates recommended. Bauer wants to be a sponsor? They think Alex is good enough that they think what he wears will get other people to buy it? That's high praise enough, but then he's going to get some extra coin on top of that? No complaints there. They even told him they might want to give him his own signature line of gear if he has the success in the SHL that he did in the SMJHL. The only thing is they'd probably ask for his input on the details of the gear and he might not be sure what to tell them. Oh well. I'm sure some teammates will have some opinions. Maybe they'll want to wear his signature gear.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

When Bork Lazer was knocking motherfuckers out in the Championship Fighting Universe he was sponsored by Hayabusa fighting. So Hayabusa was looking to create their first ever hockey gloves the lightest and practical to protect their players hands from the game itself but still give the player an advantage of not having to drop his gloves in order to start a fight. They knew the right person to sponsor and try out these gloves was none other than Bork Lazer. Bork Lazer now is rocking Hayabusa hockey fight gloves in the Simulation Hockey League so if a simp wants to test the baddest man on the planet they can shoot their shot but Bork Lazer will be throwing the first blow quicker because of his brand new gloves. The commercial for the new gloves shows Bork Lazer getting into it with another player the other player starts to drop his gloves but before he could drop them Bork Lazer knocks him out.

[Image: lazer2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 12:17 AM by Jumbobone19.)

[Image: C984Zc6.png]

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Scianna doesn't care to much about which brand of equipment he uses or is sponsored by. Growing up he always had to play with hand me down equipment from his brother or family friends. So when he got his first sponsorship deal he was ecstatic, not having to pay for new equipment was amazing. Though as he has gotten older, and now having an agent he doesnt have to worry about those kinds of things and just lets his agent take care of that kind of stuff.
He has done a few sketchy adds in the past, once he had to do an advertisement for supposed gear sent ball thing, which was a cool idea at first, but it ended up turning all the players equipment a weird blue color, so the company quickly went bankrupt and he didnt end up getting his money for it.
Nowadays he trys to stay on the safe side and not be a spokes person for shady companies.

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020, 03:24 AM by Mack.)

[Image: mH8j834.png]

[Image: UZWjnEs.png]

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Vítek Víteček never had any sponsorships because of his small body. You wouldn't even be able to read the brand logos! The very first time he got approached was before the last all-star game. Reebok brand which he never really used before approached him if he could represent them at the all-star game. They even offered him a solid paycheck. This deal was great for both sides. Vítek could earn some extra money, and Reebok would have a player representing them at one of the most watched events of a hockey season. He agreed to the terms. At the game he was enjoying all the gear so much that he actually wanted an extension and approached Reebok himself that he was really satisfied with the brand and that he would love to continue the sponsorship. Since then Vítek is sponsored by Reebok. It made him even better player, which is impossible, right?

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

Seeing that Zelma is one of the leaders of newly created SMJHL franchise in Nevada, her homecountry small busineses contacted her to figure out if she would be up for some advertising and become a face of a new under armor company. Considering, that she doesn't have any sponsorships yet, she was quick to accept and now will be the proud face of "Teiksma body armor". The company sent out already approved designs and some new prototypes that Zelma can try out during trainings and later figure out which one fits her best. Alongside this she also got a commercial deal in both - Latvian and English languages to help the newly created business grow not only in Latvia, but all over the globe. The new comercials are set to be filmed after one of her individual ice practices where the team could catch her in action and see her pre-training and pre-game routines. The company is paying Zelma only in equipment, considering this is a new brand that is going to be released for public after the full commercials are made and the list of celebrity users released. But she did see that alongside her there are professional Latvian football player Uldriķis, basketball player Žagars and the new female football talent Voitāne that just got a deal with 1st Bundesliga team. Great set of young and promising talent to boost the visibility of the new "Teiksma body armor" brand.

[240 words]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

To create new opportunities and expand their business, a variety of companies that normally produce Floorball sticks and equipment have recently announced that they are gonna enter the Hockey market as well. Most prominently this includes the companies Unihoc, Salming, Zone, Fatpipe and Oxdog who I briefly want to introduce here: Unihoc and Salming form sort of the old guard, the most storied and well-established manufacturers of sticks who also still hold the largest market share. They are complimented by Zone who have been around for a while as well and actually belong to the same parent company as Unihoc, but whose sticks are a bit more audacious and out there, usually going for very light designs with a lot of curve. And lastly we have two hot young-ish newcomers, Fatpipe who form basically the opposite to Zone with their rather straight, hard and meaty sticks and Oxdog who are the newest fad right now and sort of the Hipster brand at the moment.

Of all these brands Philipp Winter had to choose one when approached about a cooperation given his families roots in the Floorball-community (the part of his family that lives in Europe is arguably more engaged in Floorball than in Hockey at this point) and he has decided to go with Zone as his sponsor as their profile fits his own playing style the best. Light sticks with a lot of curve who are not super hard are exactly what Philipp likes to play and their slick and minimalistic designs are very stylish as well, so appearing in some print ads and campaigns for them will hopefully end up looking quite classy. Right now Philipp is mainly booked for some photo and video shoots for print and online campaigns - after all these companies are all still rather small compared to the big established hockey brands so the money for big flashy TV spots isn't there just yet. But hopefully this will change with Philipp as their spokesperson!

This is maybe a bit weird and has nothing to do with hockey gear, but a year ago a video was circulating with some friends of mine doing coke in a hotel room. My initial reaction was to deny everything and that I was just there, but didn't use myself. Though as the days passed it was obvious that lie wasn't going to hold up as I seemed to have failed a drugtest. Not late after that happened I was contacted by the Mexican Sinaloa Cartel if I wanted to use their product exclusively. At first I didn't know how to respond, but because they pressured me into the sponsorship deal by threatening my family I didn't really have a choice. So now everytime when me and my friends do coke we videotape it and say that the Sinaloa coke is the best there is and we endorse it and every week I find fresh product with a bag of money delivered to my front door.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Well before Calgary drafted me I used CCM gear. Only I used Bauer skates after I arrived SMJHL back in S53 as DFA. After draft I received contract to represent whole new gear. It is called – Dragongear. The rare company who produces only for elite players. Since I was nominee of Esa Anrikkanen award I made up the list. The skates are called dragon wings, stick – dragonbreath, body guards – dragonscale, gloves – dragonclaw. Those are epic names for gear. I loved that in very first moment. In middle of offseason I agreed to do commercial. It was very funny. I was in the mountains slaying a dragon and made gear out of his body! I killed him with the puck. There were roars n shit. Actually the commercial remind me of old nike comercials, like this:

Anyway because of contract I had to use new gear. To be honest I’m not quite used to it. And few games it was hard to play with. In the last games I had chance to change some stuff from their company. I feel that gear is working on me well.

Alright, so get this. Rocco doesn't get many sponsorship opportunities from real hockey equipment brands, being in the SMJHL and all that. For some godforsaken reason, sponsors don't want to touch a player that was drafted somewhat highly in the juniors draft and the dropped to the second round in the SHL draft, despite being the 2nd top TPE earner at the time. Who would've thought? What? No, I'm not still salty. But anyways, recently Rocco was able to obtain a sponsorship from Kelowna Escape Rooms Inc. They wanted to run a marketing campaign around getting through tight spaces, just as Rocco threads the puck through the eye of a needle to get those lovely assists. They brought Rocco into the rink in Kelowna to do some video and photo shooting for their upcoming campaign, and although it was a little bit of an unorthodox session, Rocco got a little bit of cash and a little bit of experience out of it (pls don't tell SMJHL HO, I heard they're like the NCAA).

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]