Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #2 - Looking Ahead

Kamado 425 build

So this is a build that I am currently thinking about going with although trying to be a shoot vs defenseman makes it awkward. What I am excited about with FHM is that it allows players to have roles to help with the decision making formula which means that if my passing and shooting accuracy/ range are equal in terms of skill then it may not effect them as much as it did in STHS. From what I have seen, most defenseman are pass first instead of shoot vs defenseman which I find so interesting where I feel that shoot first defenseman were so much more common in STHS and the old update scale for SHL. I think that being shoot first in a league without shoot first. What also was interesting was looking at players in the SHL who have 18 Shooting Range and how those players are not as high in terms of scoring goals with Scholz and Chico Smeb. Seeing theirs and then Seeing Caspar's Klaude who's range is not as a high may be because of the decision making formula or it may be determined by player role when they are added to the lines for the sim. I want to be a high goal scoring defenseman if possible. But also I will take lots of points if that's an option too.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Like many players, Rikki Petrov will likely be a pretty balanced player in the minor leagues for awhile but there are definitely areas where I am trying to get the build to be better than others. While many people aim to get most stuff to 13s I am aiming to get my most important attributes to 13 or even above to become a true two way center but my main goal is to be more of a playmaker than anything. So far, under 250 TPE, Rikki Petrov is doing just that and has only assists as his points and has been getting more defensive heavy game ratings in general when I have been watching. I think just focusing on those on the way to 425 is going to be ideal to really work on those principles. Passing and Offensive Read along with some physical traits will be important for being a true playmaker and defensive read, checking, and positioning will be crucial to have raised to be a better defensive player as well. I don't know what the build will look like exactly but it is going to be fun having Rikki be one of the better players in the SMJHL and hopefully one day the SHL.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Maier’s build, like most SMJHL players it seems, is focused on being balanced above all else. While the long term goal for her build will see her take the role of a truly defensive focused defensemen, it seems that a more balanced build is more desirable in the SMJHL, and so the aim will be to achieve balance first, pushing attributes up to 11 or 12 in order to assure that there’s nothing she’s strictly bad at, other than fighting and faceoffs, two attributes which should have no actual impact on her build either way. After everything has reached this mark, the next focus will be to start improving defensive stats, checking and defensive read most notably, as they will be two of the most important attributes for the shutdown focused playstyle that the build is aiming for. While she may still chip in offensively, as her offensive attributes are reasonable as well, a defender should focus on defense first, and that’s exactly what her build is designed for. (169 words)

Maier 425 build

I´m going to focus on offensive abilities by improving my shooting accuracy, a big part of getting to use that shot is getting open and offensive read, I think, so those three are perhaps the main focus when it comes down to offensive attributes. Defensively the focus is on more of a balanced approach, all the defensive attributes will be over 10 except shot-blocking.

I don´t know if that is a smart decision, but since I´m a center I hope my ability to read plays well and even use my body sometimes makes me a decent player in all areas of the ice. Finally the physical ratings, not going to be the fastest player on the ice, but when my strength rating is at 14 that will hopefully allow me to bully other players a little bit.

Overall, the 425 TPE build is fairly balanced, offensively I rely more on my shot, and defensively I can use both positioning and strength to make things happen. (165)

Raivo at 425

LINK

Since I created Roman Beranek, I wanted to focus on making him a speedy, dynamic forward. I already had a 350 build charted out which gets him to several benchmarks in that department to make him among the best skaters in the juniors, so there wasn’t much ground left to cover there with the extra 75 TPE.

Some of the extra TPE will, however, go towards his acceleration and agility, to round out that skating ability. Both offensive and defensive read also see a bump, because it never hurts to just be a smarter player. The rest will go towards making him a more complete player, improving things such as passing and screening on offense, as well as shot blocking and checking on defense.

Offense is still definitely Beranek’s primary focus, but he isn’t a complete defensive liability. He will have a high defensive IQ and adequate defensive playmaking ability. Ultimately, though, the focus with this player is speed and shot creation, and that will only be accentuated more in the 425 build.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

TPE: 425

Player Attributes

Points Available: 0

Goalie Ratings
Blocker: 14
Glove: 14
Passing: 8
Poke Check: 8
Positioning: 17
Rebound: 14
Recovery: 14
Puckhandling: 8
Low Shots: 14
Reflexes: 14
Skating: 8

Mental Ratings
*Aggression: 8
Mental Toughness: 10
*Determination: 15
*Team Player: 15
*Leadership: 15
Goalie Stamina: 8
*Professionalism: 15

my reason for this build is mainly because its just a higher version of the build I currently have. essentially I want to have high positioning because well you always want to be in position when you are facing a shot. I have no Idea how this sim engine works but what I do know is copying top goaltenders builds is how I am going to succeed day in and day out. I am going the TPE until the cows come home. I came in after the SMJHL draft so I am going to have to work very heard in order to obtain this build. although its very possible at the pace that I am going. now hopefully that I have that build and my positioning is really high. I would hope that I could get as many shut outs as hoov because he has 4 already and he is just getting started lol. I feel mental toughness might be something I touch on in the future because I do not want to be letting in goals constantly if I am getting shredded. but then again I will take a look around and see what the top goaltenders are slapping on their build and go from there. at the end of the day I feel like this is a good build and eventually I will become a starter but until that time ride the pine and slap some TPE on to my goaltender!!! go knights Knights Knights Knights

245 words

Podcalzone 425 Build

Sure, it isn’t anything too flashy, but this build for Vaseline Podcalzone should do just fine for the gritty power forward build that I always envisioned for him.

He’s built to be a sturdy player who can drive you mad. His defensive build will make sure players watch their backs out there on the ice, as he can deliver a damn good body check or bone crushing hit if he wants to.

Offensively, he can shoot the puck well, and good luck trying to get the puck off of him. He can handle the puck, and make plays by getting open. Don’t sleep on him in the offensive zone just because he isn’t his line’s playmaker.

He’s fast and strong and hard to knock off with his balance. Sure, he can’t burst out into speed immediately, but once he picks up momentum, he can blaze across the rink in no time.

Word Count: 151

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

https://simulationhockey.com/playerbuild...TUsMTUsMTU=

Jimbo Slice - The Future

Hell there, I am Jimbo Slice's Agent, my client is currently at the rink preparing to become one of the most dynamic players within the organization. Going forward, Jimbo has a plan in mind as to how he will get better, the plan is to shoot as many hockey pucks in his basement as possible, taking the time to perfect his craft of accuracy and develop his release will only help expand upon his already existing goal scoring talent. God has given him something not many has... INCREDIBLE SIZE, the man is a walking tree, a mighty oak on a pair of skates. He is still a young man trying to fully learn how he should utilize his size to the fullest, and as time goes on he will master that aspect of his game. 

Overall, Jimbo wants to be the best player at his position, every day he wants that and each and every day he takes one step closer to achieving his goal. 

In his future... He wants to be the certified GOAT of Nevada, working tirelessly day in and day out to better himself which will only help his teammates around him succeed as well.

build

My 425 build has a little extra offensive juice to support first-line skill forwards, but is much heavier on the back end. Stronger on the skates. Faster in the neutral zone. Snappier in the defensive zone. Harder on the puck, harder on the stick, harder on the body. More effective in the dot. At 425, I plan to be a devastating force on the backcheck and through the neutral zone, crushing skill forwards and enabling breakouts for my wingers. Blocking shots is secondary; my goal is to separate players from the puck before a shot can even happen. Up the offensive side I plan to be useful but not a play driver. On special teams, PK1 all day every day. I expect nothing more than the top billing in the league among penalty killing forwards, ending power plays before they can even set up. Surrounded by skilled shooters on the wing, I'm positive this brutal build will complement Vancouver as I grow into my Junior year.

Player Attributes

Points Available: 1

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 10
Getting Open: 13
Passing: 10
Puckhandling: 13
Shooting Accuracy: 15
Shooting Range: 9
Offensive Read: 14

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 13
Hitting: 11
Positioning: 12
Stickchecking: 10
Shot Blocking: 5
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 12

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 11
Agility: 11
Balance: 12
Speed: 12
Stamina: 13
Strength: 11
Fighting: 5

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 7
Bravery: 7
*Temperament: 15

*Indicates attributes that cannot be edited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the tentative build I am going to follow on the way to 425. I will obviously check in with my Noka and Jay along the way to make some minor adjustments along the way, but looking at what top performing scorers in the SHL are building I think I'm hitting most of the major attributes. I don't have a great understanding of what my ratings are supposed to look like heading into that season so it's possible I'm way off on some of the offensive attributes and they need to be higher. But I think this is a nice foundation to start stacking some important stats and building the player I want to be. Eventually I hope Chad sims fast, big bodied winger with a golden scoring touch. I think the most important stats to stack heading into the SHL will be positioning, accuracy, offensive read, getting open and puckhandling.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

This is the build that I hope to eventually be able to create in the SHL. As seen, the main point of my build will be a pretty large focus on the passing abilities and the ability to get open. I hope that my player will be able to be the distributor for the team and be able to get my teammates open in order for them to take good shots. As such, I have poured the most of my points available into passing and handling as well as stamina and speed so that I am able to make those plays. I also have put a high amount of points into strength and puckhandling so that I will be able to control the puck in situations where I am being checked or the puck is being contested. Furthermore, I also want to be able to be able to play longer shifts and contribute a lot to my team, which is why I put a lot of points into my stamina.

Player Attributes

Points Available: 0

Offensive Ratings

Screening: 5

Getting Open: 15

Passing: 15

Puckhandling: 14

Shooting Accuracy: 5

Shooting Range: 5

Offensive Read: 15

Defensive Ratings

Checking: 5

Hitting: 5

Positioning: 5

Stickchecking: 5

Shot Blocking: 5

Faceoffs: 13

Defensive Read: 5

Physical Ratings

Acceleration: 14

Agility: 13

Balance: 5

Speed: 13

Stamina: 14

Fighting: 7

Mental Ratings

Aggression: 5

Bravery: 5

Here is my projection/hope for Marcel Laflamme

Player Attributes

Points Available: 2

Goalie Ratings
Blocker: 14
Glove: 14
Passing: 8
Poke Check: 8
Positioning: 15
Rebound: 14
Recovery: 15
Puckhandling: 8
Low Shots: 14
Reflexes: 14
Skating: 8

Mental Ratings
*Aggression: 8
Mental Toughness: 12
Goalie Stamina: 12

I want Marcel to excel at positioning and recovery, as I think that's what makes a goaltender consistently shine. Boost his blocker, glove, rebound and low shots stats as well to help with the saves, all the while also focusing on his reflexes to help him recover from the shots. I don't think there needs to be a focus on skating, passing, puck handling, or poke checking at the moment, and those would go untouched. A boost to goalie stamina would also help for the occasional times Marcel needs to take a second game in a row from the team's starter, should injuries happen. Mental toughness would also get a slight improvement, as mentally rebounding from a goal is also important, but I feel 12 would be a good number to get it to at that point in Marcel's career. Hopefully this is good enough to help the team win a few games and make a difference!

[Image: XbtwzDW.png]

Signature courtesy of Lord Jumbo.

Offensive Ratings
Screening: 5
Getting Open: 11
Passing: 14
Puckhandling: 12
Shooting Accuracy: 11
Shooting Range: 11
Offensive Read: 12

Defensive Ratings
Checking: 11
Hitting: 7
Positioning: 13
Stickchecking: 13
Shot Blocking: 12
Faceoffs: 5
Defensive Read: 13

Physical Ratings
Acceleration: 13
Agility: 13
Balance: 11
Speed: 13
Stamina: 13
Fighting: 5

Mental Ratings
Aggression: 5
Bravery: 5

While my SHL build is leaning towards playmaking defense, I feel like this build at 425 will be better overall for the SMJHL and I'm more concerned with being a viable player in both ends of the ice for my junior squad. This build is built to be versatile enough to generate some offense but also not be a liability on the defensive side of the puck. Looking at some capped players, it seems like most roll with 12 or 13 stamina, so I feel like 13 in this will suffice. 13 in the mobility stats lets me get around on the ice, and my stick handling skills and passing abilities will be good. Shooting is on the weaker side, but I'm not too concerned with scoring a lot and 11 should be good enough to get some rubber on the net. I'm not looking to be a particularly physical player so my hitting will remain my lowest stat until I can build up some TPE later in my career. Overall, I think this should be effective enough to make me a serviceable defenseman for Nevada for the next few seasons.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 05:15 AM by Salming.)

https://simulationhockey.com/playerbuild...E1LDE1LDE1

Above you can see my projected 425 TPE build. I admire Reilly Smith a lot. He is my favourite Golden Knight. My goal is to become a same kind of all-around and balanced two-way player who has still good offensive instincts and can score 0,7 points per game and play reliable defence. At the same time I want to copy myself in real life as a floorball player. That's why my shooting, passing and puckhandlind stats will be even as high as 14 at the end of this build. Shooting range will also be 11/12. When it comes to defensive stats, as a two-way forward most important stats seems to be checking, positioning, stickchecking and defensive read. Those stats will be 12-13 when my 425 build is ready. R. Smith isn't the most fastest and strongest player in real life and me neither so that's why all physical stats will be around 11 which means average. Not weak, but not great. I don't want to copy anyone else or look which kind of players are successful in this simulation game because I want to be my unique self. That is the way how I can keep my interest towards this game.

Word count: 218

[Image: salming.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 12:50 PM by Winter is Coming.)

https://simulationhockey.com/playerbuild...E1LDE1LDE1

This is just a projected build that can change over time, of course. I am attempting to make Bane a very responsible defeseman within his own zone, and one that is also capable of hitting and checking the opponent on a consistent basis. However, I also want the above build to reflect Bane's ability to be a two way player, in that his offensive skills, and in particular his passing, can also have a strong impact on the ice. Physical traits are also super important, which is why you see I invested a great deal into them within the above build. Without strength, stamina, and skating ability at a respectable level, offensive and defensive skills would be severely hampered. The ultimate goal is to get Bane to a point where he can be responsible on both ends of the ice, as well as play meaningful minutes on both the PP and PK unites of whatever team he plays for. I believe this rational and the projected 425 TPE build posted above this explanation will allow Bane to without question become what I have highlighted as the rational for the build posted above.

Word Count: 200

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page