Create Account

New Rule - Player Roles

07-28-2020, 06:05 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Ngl i dont really like this, i think it would be better to like, not have players play in roles they have below like a 10(or something like that) in role suitability or whatever its called.

It's based on the attribute spread and not tpe based right? Or am wrong?

If im wong, disregard this message.

Either way i dont have a strong opinion.

good idea in theory but it breaks down sub 800 tpe which sucks ngl

07-28-2020, 06:05 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Ngl i dont really like this, i think it would be better to like, not have players play in roles they have below like a 10(or something like that) in role suitability or whatever its called.

It's mostly based on how high your attributes are for the role. Low TPE rookies might not even get 10 on any role lol

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

07-28-2020, 05:12 PMdankoa Wrote: only disappointment is that it’s not called The Blizzard Rule or something similar
Ilike

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

bad.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

07-28-2020, 06:44 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:

It's mostly based on how high your attributes are for the role. Low TPE rookies might not even get 10 on any role lol
This.

The best players on our J team at 425 TPE have a 6 or 7 for scheme fit. SHL rookies would barely or not get there.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

@Gwdjohnson

[Image: rotti.gif]

07-28-2020, 05:26 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote:
07-28-2020, 04:56 PMGoonerBear Wrote: Effective immediately, the following lineup rules apply to all SHL teams:
  • Teams are limited to a maximum of 1 Enforcer or Goon in their lineup.

Teams can't pick up both gooney and goonerbear :o

Well, no! That would ruin the plan to have an alt and their main in two separate places! Even though people saw through it from the start!

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

07-28-2020, 07:01 PMthecanadiancanuck Wrote:
07-28-2020, 06:44 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: It's mostly based on how high your attributes are for the role. Low TPE rookies might not even get 10 on any role lol
This.

The best players on our J team at 425 TPE have a 6 or 7 for scheme fit. SHL rookies would barely or not get there.
Then don't make it based on the attributes and TPE at all.
Instead, have players put into their player page 3 roles that they want their players to play in. Those are the choices the GM and coach can pick for said player. Then, player's and management know what to expect.
Limiting teams like this makes it so that if a player does want to play one of those roles they can't if the teams have them filled already. That is taking away player agency. In addition, it is saying that all players should want to play in offensive roles which may not be true. Some people want to be that goon.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

07-28-2020, 07:49 PMJericson Wrote:
07-28-2020, 07:01 PMthecanadiancanuck Wrote: This.

Instead, have players put into their player page 3 roles that they want their players to play in. Those are the choices the GM and coach can pick for said player. Then, player's and management know what to expect.
Limiting teams like this makes it so that if a player does want to play one of those roles they can't if the teams have them filled already. That is taking away player agency. In addition, it is saying that all players should want to play in offensive roles which may not be true. Some people want to be that goon.

Ideally we do this but it's too difficult to enforce right now.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

07-28-2020, 07:49 PMJericson Wrote:
07-28-2020, 07:01 PMthecanadiancanuck Wrote: This.

That opens up another huge and confusing messy can of worms though. Like if you make a goon or enforcer, that's fine, but there shouldn't be goons who are also offensive powerhouses putting up a point per game. That's just my opinion. I don't know anything about being a GM and I'll gladly say I'm ignorant there. The reason people don't make those types of players is because they tend to be drafted late, if at all. Teams don't or didn't want them. At least that's how it was in STHS, there was no room for it. Few people if any are making those players now so it makes no sense for someone like Andreas Kvalheim to fill the role of Tony Twist (he's not, just an example). The whole thing is a mess.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Ah ok @goldenglutes @golden_apricot thanks for the clarification, that sucks :(

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-28-2020, 08:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Ah ok @goldenglutes @golden_apricot  thanks for the clarification, that sucks :(

all good dude, was a great idea just does not work with how we have the update scale right now sadly

07-28-2020, 08:05 PMLeoben Wrote:
07-28-2020, 07:49 PMJericson Wrote: Then don't make it based on the attributes and TPE at all.

That opens up another huge and confusing messy can of worms though.  Like if you make a goon or enforcer, that's fine, but there shouldn't be goons who are also offensive powerhouses putting up a point per game.  That's just my opinion.  I don't know anything about being a GM and I'll gladly say I'm ignorant there.  The reason people don't make those types of players is because they tend to be drafted late, if at all.  Teams don't or didn't want them.  At least that's how it was in STHS, there was no room for it.  Few people if any are making those players now so it makes no sense for someone like Andreas Kvalheim to fill the role of Tony Twist (he's not, just an example).  The whole thing is a mess.

Yeah fuck anyone that wants to make a Bob Probert, Dale Hunter, Claude Lemieux, ect

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

07-28-2020, 09:48 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote: Yeah fuck anyone that wants to make a Bob Probert, Dale Hunter, Claude Lemieux, ect

There shouldn't be a whole team of them.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

07-28-2020, 07:01 PMthecanadiancanuck Wrote:
07-28-2020, 06:44 PMgoldenglutes Wrote: It's mostly based on how high your attributes are for the role. Low TPE rookies might not even get 10 on any role lol
This.

Can confirm. Two of my rookies this year max at 11...and not by much