Create Account

Nevada Battle Report - Regular Season Sim 6/7 Edition

Aug 3rd, 2020
Battleborn Nevada Battle Report Battleborn
Regular Season - Sim 6/7 Edition
BATTLEBORN EARN 1 POINT IN SHOOTOUT IN LAST 3 GAMES
                 Welcome back Battle Report fans, since the last issue of the Battle Report the SMJHL have gone through 2 sims in which the Battleborn have played 3 games and have gone 0 - 2 - 1. The inexperience on the team is pretty evident in the -89 shot differential they put up through the 3 games, but as young players continue to update and get better, we can only expect that number to start trending towards a more even number. A big positive this sim is the 1 point the Battleborn earned against the Outlaws. It doesn't seem like much but every point is a huge boon in confidence for this young team. 

The first sim featured only 1 game and it came against the Vancouver Whalers, which the Battleborn fought a close game but ultimately lost 2 - 1. This was one of their best games in terms of shot differential letting the Whalers outshoot them by only 29 - 21. Tanjiro Kamado (@Andy) scored his first goal of the season to tie the game 1 - 1 early into the 3rd period. While their powerplay was non-existent going 0 for 6 when up the man, their penalty kill unit held strong not letting the Whalers score on any of their 5 chances. 

Next up was their 4-3 shootout loss at the hands of the Anaheim Outlaws. Nevada goaltender Phillip Weaver (@W19eaver) really gave the Battleborn a chance to win, making 59 saves, including all 5 he faced in the overtime period. Battleborn winger Alexis Vermette (@treant) scoring his 2nd goal of the year, put Nevada ahead 3 - 2 early into the 3rd period. Unfortunately for Nevada, penalty troubles hit shortly after and they let in a powerplay goal to tie the game up at 3 - 3. Battleborn veteran winger Zelma Zuntnere (@Jogurtaa) continues to bolster her teams lead in goals with her 6th of the year and her 4th on the powerplay. Rookie Jimbo Slice (@JMolloy54) also scored for Nevada, which was his 2nd on the year. Leading the way defensively rookie Grandmaster Funk (@"GMFunk") had a team high 6 blocked shots and also added an assist for good measure. 

Finally the Battleborn faced off against the Kelowna Knights and got shutout 4 - 0. It appeared by this game, which was the tail end of a back to back on the schedule, the Battleborn had just run out of steam producing a season low of only 9 shots on net. This game featured two fights, with Grandmaster Funk (@"GMFunk") and Vili Afalava (@Wasty) being the Nevada participants. Although the sim doesn't show winners/losers from fights I'd like to think that they both came out on top. 

Nevada's locker room continues to be upbeat, especially after earning 1 point this week. The positivity and activity in the locker room will be key to the Battleborn's inevitable rise in success. One of the Battleborn's brightest young members, @"GMFunk", recently dropped the first episode in his Unnamed Podcast, which covers the team so far and gets into each player's stats a bit and it definitely worth a listen. LETS GO BATTLEBORN  Battleborn

Team Leaders:

Sachimo Zoidberg III (@Jala) 37 Shots Blocked
Vili Afalava (@Wasty) 27 Hits
Phillip Weaver (@W19eaver) .912 SV%
Zelma Zuntnere (@Jogurtaa) 6 Goals
Chad Danger (@Arayvenn) 5 Assists
Zelma Zuntnere (@Arayvenn) 9 Points

*Bonus New Look Below*

[Image: 935i1gX.png]

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Media graders if it's easier to grade I can add both the text and image articles but if it's not that much more work for you guys I might only have the image version going forward

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Love the image article! Fun choice and great read as usual Smile

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

I like when my player does something so that I can be mentioned here Smile

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

That new format is so good, great work as always

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]