Create Account

New SHL Rulebook (and some rule changes)
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020, 10:20 PM by nour.)

Late night with SHL Head Office!

Hey everyone, since I've joined Head Office as both a member and the co-commissioner, one of the biggest goals we all had was to touch up the currently out of date SHL Rulebook. It's currently filled with a lot of outdated rules, a lack of clarity and is general not up to the standard we want for the site. Thankfully, after a major amount of work from Head Office and the SHL GMs, we're finally able to reveal the brand new SHL Rulebook! This has been rewritten from the ground up with an emphasis on clarity and is something we're proud to be able to put out for you all, and I wanna take this time to issue some special thanks to @grok, @luketd and @JayWhy for being big helps in cleaning up the wording and helping us in SHL HO make it as concise and understandable as it can possibly be.

This rulebook is filled with a lot of very minor changes, which are mostly just attempts at making punishments clearer and adding rules that have been in place for a long time but never officially in writing. HOWEVER, there are a few larger ones that we'll discuss here to get everyone up to speed:

Code:
Regression

People have asked us for a while to make later seasons of regression harder to fight. We were a little wary given how much harder building a successful player on FHM is versus STHS, but we are adding the following small changes:

- 20th season going from an 18% hit to a 20% hit
- 21st season and beyond going from a 20% hit indefinitely to a 25% hit indefinitely

We hope these changes will bring some more meaning to player regression on older players, but we'll be watching closely to make adjustments if they're needed.

Code:
Contracts

This one's got quite a few changes! We're trying to make cap management more of a focus for teams here as well as combat the rise of super teams and bordering cap circumvention in SHL contracts. The first of these changes is a new TPE tier. Previously, the highest contract tier was 1300+ TPE, resulting in a minimum $5,000,000 contract. We're now going to be adding a 7th tier at 1600+ TPE, which will demand a minimum of $6,000,000 per season on contracts. These changes are NOT immediate, and will only affect new contracts signed following this post.

In addition to this, we're doing away with unlimited contracts. This is to prevent teams from signing 1000+ TPE players for insanely long deals to avoid having to pay them the correct amounts when they hit 1300 (or now 1600) TPE. The new contract structure will see contracts in the tiers 1-6 range (<300-1599 TPE) being able to sign at a maximum of 3 seasons, while those in the tier 7 range (1600+ TPE) being able to sign at a maximum of 5 seasons. These contract length changes ARE immediate, and the SHL GMs + our SHL Budget Director @Dextaria have been notified to adjust contracts down to appropriate 3 OR 5 seasons remaining based on the TPE TIER YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE IN, wherever necessary.

Finally, as a result of these new changes, only TIER 7 will be able to sign HTD Contracts at a price of 2 tiers lower than their tier, with Tiers 6 and below only being allowed to sign 1 tier lower. Like the new tier addition, this won't impact CURRENT HTD contracts, only new HTD contracts signed following this post.

Code:
Offer Sheets

Small but important information here, 2 small changes coming to the often unused offer sheet system. For starters, WHATEVER pick you stand to lose via offersheeting another team's RFA not MUST be a pick you own in the next coming draft. We've seen a larger influx of teams trading 1st round picks away lately, and this was just done to prevent a team offer sheeting and signing another team's RFA and giving them a compensation pick that won't be relevant for another 4+ seasons.

As well, we're adding a new offer sheeting compensation tier at $6,000,000. Any qualifying offer to another team's RFA at $6,000,000 or more that is successful will result in the signing team giving TWO 1st round picks as compensation to the team losing their RFA. This was a small change we made just to make very desirable RFAs less of a pain to lose. Again, we know the RFA offer sheeting system is not a particularly popular one, but we wanted to make these changes to address potential issues before they happen rather than after.

Code:
Tampering

This was a long requested change. Tampering has always felt like a punishment that was FAR too harsh on punishing the team rather than the GM who actually broke the rule. The original thought process with this rule was to make the punishment so harsh it would deter teams from even attempting to break it, but as we've seen over the last 20+ seasons, that hasn't been the case, and more often than not the GM usually steps down and leaves the team to deal with the fallout of their mistake. So here are the new punishments for tampering as a GM that hit GMs harder without letting the teams just get off without real consequence:

First Offence:
- Loss of nearest 1st round and 2nd round picks
- Offending team cannot sign free agents for the remainder of the season.
- $5,000,000 bank account fine to the offending General Manager
- $3,000,000 cap penalty to the offending team for the following season
- Offending General Manager(s) placed on a 2 season probation, subject to termination following any further rule-breaking.
- Offending General Manager’s player will receive a 10 game suspension.
- A hearing may result from particularly egregious cases, up to the discretion of HO.
Second Offence:
- Loss of two nearest 1st round picks.
- $10,000,000 bank account fine to the offending General Manager.
- $5,000,000 cap penalty to the offending team for the following season.
- Offending General Manager removed from position, and suspended from holding a management position on the site for 3 seasons.
- Offending General Manager’s player will receive a 20 game suspension

Shl

But anyways that about sums it all up! Once again thanks to everyone who helped with this project and we hope this is gonna be the first of many changes/additions to the site that improves ALL of our experiences here. Thanks for reading through this and have a goodnight y'all

On behalf of the SHL Head Office,
nour

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

also if u have any questions i'll do my best to answer all of them here

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Love it, well done HO!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

08-05-2020, 02:13 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Love it, well done HO!

I bet you do :-)

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

i love it, props to everyone who worked on these changes looks like it was a huge project

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020, 02:31 AM by StamkosFan.)

I guess the word about me floating forever to make you change the regression rules got out lol

Good stuff HO

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

08-05-2020, 02:24 AMKatth Wrote:
08-05-2020, 02:13 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Love it, well done HO!

I bet you do :-)

I have no idea what you may be referring too... Ninja

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Regression not harsh enough make it 100%

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I am curious to see what the effect of the salary changes are in the next couple of seasons.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Good job Nour

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Looks good to me.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020, 08:56 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

:thumbup:

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Nice!

If caught tampering, could a gm still sign inactive players in case their roster isn't complete?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

love the contract update, needed for a while so great to finally see it implemented

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Quote:First Offence:
- Loss of nearest 1st round and 2nd round picks
- $5,000,000 bank account fine to the offending General Manager

If you want to make the fines hit harder you could change it to 5/10% of the GMs total bank, or at least $5m. Just to make sure those who have insanely large banks don't get off free from that part of the punishment as well.

Hopefully you don't have to use it.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride