Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 09:16 AM by hotdog.)

I think it's nice to sprinkle in league history tasks every now and then, so for this PT, make the case for someone as the GOAT of a particular SHL franchise. Who is the best player in the history of that franchise and why? The History section is definitely your friend here, especially the Franchise Records page

Written Task (150 words min.): Who is the best player of all time for a particular SHL (or SMJHL) franchise? Why are they that franchise's GOAT? If you want to increase the hotness of your take (read: if you don't want to look things up), pick a current player and make the case why they will eventually go down as a franchise GOAT when they wrap up their career.

Graphic Task: Show us the statue that has been erected (hehe) in honor of the GOAT outside of that franchise's stadium.

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, August 16th at 11:59pm ET.
Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; be sure to note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 03:41 PM by hockeyiscool.)

The history of the Tampa Bay Barracudas is one that has had a history that could be deemed as below average posting an overall season record of 1248-1139-285 (.467) . Being an inaugural member of the league as the Wisconsin Monarchs and only appearing in 3 Challenge cup final (S18, S26 and S50) and one Challenge Cup win in season 18, across the past 55 seasons. With below average team results and frequent management changes, there have been a few players that have been a part of a team long enough to be considered a GOAT. Tampa Bay was fortunate to have the monster in the crease with Michael McFadden. McFadden played 386 games across 9 seasons and had a 53.6 win percentage. Holding the franchise record in wins with 207. McFadden also holds the franchise record of shutouts with 24 shutouts, and even has the franchise record for save percentage posting a solid 90.96 save percentage. Holding these franchise records make Michael McFadden the clear GOAT of the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 12:17 AM by JamesT.)

Code:
Written Task (150 words min.): Who is the best player of all time for a particular SHL franchise? Why are they that franchise's GOAT? If you want to increase the hotness of your take (read: if you don't want to look things up), pick a current player and make the case why they will eventually go down as a franchise GOAT when they wrap up their career.

I have had the honour to be able to play with one of the GOAT's in the Edmonton  Blizzard franchise and I am sure he will go down as one of our best players. That player is Tony Pepperoni @"TommySalami" and he has been a staple force for us in Edmonton and I can see him being the top scorer in the  Blizzard history when he hangs up his skates. Even though Tony is already in regression, he is still producing at an elite level and is in the top 10 for scoring in the SHL. Ever since the switch to FHM, Tony has been an all star caliber player and I am happy to see the rest of the league taking notice of him. It will be a tough task to fill his production on the ice when he retires, but I will especially miss his leadership and presence off the ice as he has been someone I go to when I need guidance. 

Code:
165 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 12:23 AM by Zomp.)

[Image: QIMQRtU.jpg]

I have been around this league for a long time and have seen a number of good players. For the Minnesota Chiefs, the greatest player is a player that I drafted, Alonzo Garbanzo. Garbanzo is #4 in all time scoring, #1 in all time assists, #1 in blocked shots, #4 in games played, and #3 in PP goals.....as a Defender. On top of this, Garbanzo is also one of the most dedicated players in history, ranking fourth in overall training time. Garbanzo won an MVP, took home 5 Scott Stevens awards for top DMan to go along with 5 more nominations. Finally, Garbanzo took home a Challenge Cup and helped guide the Chiefs to multiple winning seasons as a Player/GM. There is a case for to be made for who the best forward is, or who the best goalie is, but there is absolutely no debate who the best defender is and in this mans opinion, the best player in Simulation Hockey history.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Although I don't know the user behind the player at all I'm going to go with one of the greatest players I've known about since I came into the league and that's Flacko Lagerfield. Clearly he was well regarded from the start as he was a first overall pick, and he did not disappoint in becoming the furthest thing from a bust you could find. Flacko was consistently a player who was selected in the top of all fantasy leagues and with good reason, he was a bonafide point producer. When it comes to modeling my next player, I look at stars like Flacko to build off of as I could only hope to have the same kind of success he did in his storied career. Flacko is a hall of famer and a player that we should all aspire to be, but only the greats like himself will reach such heights. Thanks for being the man, Flacko.

162 words

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 04:37 PM by _Blitz_.)

I think Toronto is seeing the rise of at least one contender for our Franchise Greatest Ever in the locker room right now. It really feels like we're on the precipice of something great.

The most visible is Harry Carpét, who still managed to be in the awards conversation even though the team is developing in front of him (and has been for a while)(hopefully it won't take too much longer). Carpy is currently rolling a .917 save percentage on 1440 shots against, and he's consistently been so good. The past three seasons have been very similar. Yeah, you can point out that his goals against are pretty rough, but that's to be expected with a young team coming out of a hard tanking period.

Also, Carpy is a great guy to talk to in the locker room. Whether it's about graphic-making or coffee or German lessons, he's a patient teacher and always gives good advice.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 08:32 PM by 5ympathies.)

I (Dick Clapper) am already known proudly as the GOAT in New England. If you ignore the 14 people in front of me in points, I'm number 1. Played the same amount of games for the team as Tigole Bitties so you know I'm the real deal. Played on the team as we went through 3 or 4 different logos so I expect every single variation of the wolf to be on my Hall of Fame banner. In addition to all the games and goals and assists I got for the team, I also led the league in +/- in the S53 season. Very impressive. Despite already being the GOAT for New England, I am also on track to become the GOAT of Hamilton. Nearing the end of my first season with this group, I believe myself to already be on pace to win 10 cups: one for every season left before I retire. Kids that grow up both in the Boston and Hamilton areas are going to be named Dick, after me.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 04:20 AM by Dextaria.)

Looking at the Toronto North Stars' Hall of Fame, there are currently only 2 players in there. The first is Kristian Eriksson who played from S21 to S44. In the regular season, Eriksson had 489 goals and 523 assists for 1012 points in 1208 games played, all for the Toronto North Stars. Eriksson was also able to win the Challenge Cup in S35 alongside 3 trophies throughout his career: S31 Ron Mexico, S35 Anton Razov, and S39 Jay McDonald. He also was named 1st team All-Star 4 times and 3rd team All-Star 2 times.

The other Toronto North Stars in their Hall of Fame is Chris York who played from S35 to S49. York had 303 goals and 384 assists for 687 points in 750 games played, again all for the Toronto North Stars. York was able to win a Challenge Cup during his rookie season with the North Stars and in addition to that he got himself a lot of hardware. In S39 and S40 he won the Sergei Karpotsov Trophy and the Jeff Dar Trophy, and in S40 and S42 he won the Jay McDonald Trophy. He also was named 1st team All-Star 3 times, 3rd team All-Star once, and was on the All-Rookie team.

It is a tough choice choosing between the 2 as Eriksson was a North Star for longer while York has more hardware. Who knows, maybe if York continued to play he would have collected a lot more awards. However, personally I believe a Franchise GOAT is determined not only by their awards, but their dedication to the team and fans. Therefore I believe that Toronto's franchise GOAT is Kristian Eriksson for his outstanding 1200 games with the team.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

After spending a season or so in Maine, it's no surprise to hear who Henney looks up to as the franchise goat. It's the one, the only, @suavemente. As a fellow defenseman, Henney looks up to him to set an example of what it means to punish the opposing team's offense. Bone-crunching hits, smart positioning, and nifty stick skills make up the defensive swiss-army-knife of a man that Valentin Kalashnikov is on the ice. Like his namesake, he's reliable, never breaks, and hits like a .762 mm round, which is to say like a belligerent Russian bus. Henney will never not look up to his defensive star of a teammate and role model, and Maine fans will never forget him either. Easily the greatest of all time when it comes to Maine hockey. A true veteran of the team, a captain and leader, and a devotee of all the SMJHL service he could give, you'd be hard-pressed to find another Kalashnikov.

'Nuff said.

Words: 163

[Image: Screenshot_2020-05-18_at_9.24.57_PM.png?...height=942]
[Image: HenneyIL-GBsig2.png]
~ Sigs made by yours truly ~

[Image: vokU6Ra.png] | [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

The greatest player to ever play for the Texas Renegades at the time of writing is Jack Durden. His career was defined by being able to play at a high level for a long time in the league, and he currently holds a lot of the team's records, including all time points and goals. He didn't really see that much success in terms of recognition with awards and all star teams however (despite making it into the Hall of Fame), which I think leaves the door open for current player Andreas Kvalheim to step in and take over. Andreas has been the best player on the Renegades for a long time and is a two time SHL All Star, and the recipient of two Jeff Dar trophies already. With a lot of hockey still to be played in his career, it'll be interesting to see whether Andreas will be considered the greatest to ever do it for Texas by the time his career is done.

Code:
165 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Simmer claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I think it is safe to say Bork Lazer will go down in Anchorage Armada as the Greatest of All Time for the franchise because the Anchorage Armada has never had as big of a Chad as Big Daddy Bork Lazer is. Bork Lazer is the best at picking on simps from the opposing teams and by doing this lowers the morale of the other teams causing the other Anchorage Armada players to do well. Not Lasers chadness and defensive skills will be unmatched from the past and into the future making him the greatest of all time for the Anchorage Armada Franchise. Bork Lazer also held the record for 6 minutes in a game for ice time on penalty kill. Why is this? Because the Anchorage Armada general managers know when the going gets tough Bork Lazer is so fucking good he counts as two players so might as well out him out there to even the odds when the Anchorage Armada are short a skater due to penalties.

[Image: lazer2.png]

For the New Orleans Specters, it is very tough to pick the GOAT. New Orleans joined the league in S46 and have some great people still around from then. Players like DeMaricus Smyth and Nicholas Williams come to mind. If I had to pick someone to be GOAT for the Franchise, I would have to say Aleister Cain. Cain has been the starting goalie since S46 and consistently one of the greatest players on the team. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the best player currently on the team that should be considered the greatest of all time. I know what you're thinking, "He doesn't have any competition in net so how can you say he is the greatest?" Easily, he doesn't have to fight for the starting job because he is great, his numbers can back him up. I am not going to dive into that, y'all can look it up yourself.

[157]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26