Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

Nikolaus Scholz is without a doubt the best player to ever dawn an Edmonton Blizzard jersey, whether it be games played, points, assists or goals, the man was near the top in every recognizable category and was also a long time manager of the team. If it were not for Nikolaus Scholz, and now his superstar son Karlstrasse Scholz, I am not sure where the Edmonton Blizzard would be in their journey to being an elite team in the league. Although I have heard Nikolaus Scholz is yet to be inducted into the Edmonton Blizzard Hall of Fame, I have also heard rumours that the induction ceremony is happening very soon after the end of the Covid-19 pandemic the world is currently suffering and team officials have said Nikolaus Scholz deserves a true ceremony, thus we have decided to postpone it until a large gathering is possible, as we would like to invite past teammates to enjoy the celebrations with him.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

I think one of the truly potential stars of the Calgary Dragons is going to be Mats Marner. A brilliant forward, he has taken the SMJHL by storm this season as he continues to lead the Newfoundland Berserkers in regular season. His work ethic has been second to none, but what really what stands out is his leadership abilities. He leads by example and it shows in the locker room. When you look into the future, one does have to look to the top of the Juniors statistical leader board. Marner proves time and again that he takes advantage of the opportunity on hand. Being on the top power play line, the Berserkers continue to push the envelope in their attack.

As Marner leads on the ice, off the ice he shows what it takes to be a true leader. He works with teammates during training sessions and has an eye for finding weaknesses to exploit. One of the most underrated talents is to mesh. Even as a youngster, he has found commaraderie among the veterans during team training camps. He demands respect and he rightfully gets it.

[Image: Wally.png]

I think two current players from the Toronto North Stars that could easily be considered for franchise Greatest of All Time status are Harry Carpet and Mika Kandinsky. Both of them have stuck around the team for quite some time, even sticking around for the rebuild that Toronto is currently working on finishing up. Carpet is currently second in pretty much all team stats for Toronto as a goalie, and as Toronto continues to improve, I expect to see him end up in first for some of those stats. Carpet has definitely won some games for Toronto by standing on his head, as well as being an excellent leader in the Toronto locker room. Kandinsky is also doing quite well for Toronto, sitting in the top 25 in team scoring despite having only played 5 seasons. Kandinsky is also an excellent veteran presence in the Toronto locker room, and I look forward to seeing him shoot up the rankings of all time forwards as he and Toronto continue to improve.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

One player that quickly comes to mind when I think about other teams GOAT players is goaltender Jakub Aittokallio from the Edmonton Blizzard. He was always a superstar in net and very tough to play against. Some would even say he revolutionized the goalie position in sths and set the bar for other goalies to follow. A former League MVP, Aittokallio currently ranks 2nd all-time in Goalie Wins with 402 victories and 1st in all-time shutouts with 53. He played an incredible 709 regular season games in net for Edmonton over his career. He also ranks 2nd in all-time playoff wins with 76 and led Edmonton to 3 Challenge Cups in S15, S18 and S28. Jakub Aittokallio is regarded as probably the best SHL goalie ever and was the face of Edmonton's franchise for a long time. No question Jakub Aittokallio is one of the all-time great SHL players and should get consideration for the GOAT Edmonton player.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

ISFL Welfare

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]