Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

It's funny that this question is brought up via PT know, because it is something that I just recently thought about as well after being made aware by the history department that I actually have a good shot at becoming the franchise points leader for the Panthers in a few seasons. Obviously it's my goal to reach that mark and ultimately, become known as one of the best if not THE best player in franchise history, but which one of the old legends is the guy I have to beat out for that honor? Is it the current points leader Brian Morley? Is it Sophia Bennett who probably has the best points per game ratio for the team because she was absolutely dominant in her prime and single-handedly carried the team for multiple seasons? No, I have actually decided to go for someone different who ironically is someone who is still playing and has just recently left the Panthers: Defenseman Jon Toner. Toner wasn't just a dominant blueliner for the Panthers for over one and a half decade, he also was a leader who was instrumental in building the current iteration of the team and has been a tremendous voice in the locker room and inspiration for the rookies ever since I got hier. Also, like the true class act he is, he put the team above his own interests and accepted a trade after he had announced his intention, losing him the "played for just one team his whole career" honor but giving the Panthers some extra assets that they need in the re-tool they just started. Oh and did I mention him being the franchise's defensive points leader? A truly special player both on and off the ice!

This one is easy. The best Tampa Bay Baracuda of all time is the late great David Fantobens. He wasn’t a top scorer in the league. Wasn’t overly physical. But he was the first captain of the team after they moved to Tampa. He also led them to the champions cup finals only to lose to a team full of juiced up old men. Not every story has a perfect ending. Hell some stories don’t even make sense. Like this for instance, another reason David fantobens is the greatest baracuda of all time is they have been really bad since he retired. You can say it’s because lagerfield, cloutier, and everyone else left too, but you would be wrong. None of them had a C knitted on their sweater. It was a cast of characters that was led by the incomparable captain David fantobens. Maybe one day they will see it too and retire his number...

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

With over 1200 games played in 24 seasons with the Minnesota Chiefs, over 400 games more than the number two on the list, and 973 points the GOAT for the Minnesota Chiefs is a very obvious one. He holds a top four spot in goals scored, posted over 150 assists more than the next best and leads the Chiefs in career points. His 2,587 hits, 1,882 blocked shots and 1,232 PIMS show he was not just an offensive powerhouse but was omnipresent on the defensive side of the game as well. He also leads the Chiefs in career minutes played on both the power play and penalty kill, both by a landslide. Compared to the entire league, he is currently leading in career blocked shots and career assists. He is 4th in career points, and 7th in alltime hits. Who am I talking about? None other than 5 time Scott Stevens Trophy winner, S27 Ron Mexico Trophy winner, S24 Aidan Richan Trophhy winner, 13 time All-Star Alonzo Garbanzo.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 08:05 AM by leviadan.)

When I crack the big, dusty, leather bound "History of the Texas Renegades" book that sits on a pedestal in the middle of our locker room, there's clearly one name that jumps out.

Jack Durden played 900 games for the Renegades, totalling 278 goals and 477 assists for 755 points-- a 0.84 PPG. That's a wild pace to keep for close to 1000 SHL games. They were a power play beast as well, with 21% of those points coming on the man advantage. They managed six almost consecutive point per game seasons, broken up only by a single season where they posted 49 in 50. They currently hold team records in goals and points-- and to cap it off, they brought home the Challenge Cup in Season 36.

Furthermore, Durden was clearly the consummate gentleman, with only 160 PIMS and a 22% face off win percentage. They played fair, they played hard, and they allowed their opponent a moment of face off pride before stripping them of the puck and scoring. 

Renegades Renegades Renegades

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

In the land of the jets, there's one name in particular that can ring out as the franchise G.O.A.T:  Jason Visser.  While his achievements are great, it was all performed in a bygone era under different rules and conditions.  With that being said, I think a valid argument can be made that Nick Brain (@StadiumGambler) currently with the Jets has a very strong contention to become the franchise's greatest skater.  A player who's career has been able to span between the old and the new eras of rules and performance metrics, Nick is already posted 350 games played, 121 goals, 165 assists for a total of 286 points (as of the conclusion of last season).  That's .34 goals per game, .47 assists per game and .82 points per game...which isn't too far off the rates set by Visser...and he isn't even close to regression yet.  As long as the jets as a whole are able to pick up the tempo to keep up with this incredible iceman, there's no doubt in my mind that he will become holder of many records that will be hard to be broken.

Pt pass

You may think that I'd be writing about my current team or maybe even one of my past teams, but you're wrong, bucko. Today I'm here to argue why JODAN himself, Cameron Carter the Second, is the best player in the history of the Chicago Syndicate. First off, he's Jodan, so he has to be the goat because he is the goat. Secondly, in his seven season (and still going on strong) tenure with the Syndicate, he's scored the most goals in the history of the franchise (141) and racked up the most hits in the history of the franchise (1331). CCII is a complete player through and through as he gives you both a skilled offensive player with a nose for goal and a brute with strength who will hit almost anything he sees. Plus, he's jodan and he gets that 10x10 money, so combining all of those factors, I have good reason to believe that Cameron Carter II is the best player in Chicago Syndicate history.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

The franchise GOAT for the Barracuda has got to be Mikko Koskinen. Playing 16 seasons in the teal jersey and just shy of 800 games, good for second most in franchise history, he truly is a legend of Tampa Bay. He is the franchise leader in assists and points, racking up 403 points and 321 assists in his long and impressive career playing for our team. Not only that, but he also led the team in shots blocked, had the second most hits, and had his fair share of fighting majors too. He really wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty on any end of the ice. Koskinen would do whatever it took to help this franchise achieve greatness and it's inspiring to look at how much grit, skill, and effort he was able to put into his game day in and day out for 16 entire seasons in the best hockey league in the world.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Mikkel Asmus Sondergard - The Greatest Renegades defense man ever.

Mark it down now, that the young danish defense man will go at the Renegades all time leading scoring defense man by the end of his career and won of the few player to be a member of the leadership group which will both bring back the cup to the city and a few individual awards as well. After being a fan of two of 2 NHL teams (Oilers and Leafs) and watching them continually come up short and crush his soul Sondergard has made a voe to never fall into that vicious cycle of failure and disappointment. Look for the young defense man to be a very reliable 3rd pairing defensive phenom to start his career as he evolves into a top tier 2 way defense man. The Renegades have had some true greats like the always remembered physical specimen Lord Vader, but it's time for a different spin on what it means to be a Renegades great. Look for Sondergard to take his next steps soon and be a name that no one will want to forget. How can we talk about the greatness of Sondergard without mentioning the hack that is Bork Lazer as well, while Sondergard will be the GOAT, look for Bork to be the WOAT as he joins a 'lucky' spectres squad.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 03:56 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

So I am going to go to a different Western conference team than the one I am on. Today I am going to shout out the legend Lauris Prikulis of the Winnipeg jets. God i remember those days playing against him, Winnipeg was good, but I would say they were not really considered a "cup team", but there was one thing everyone knew. Lauris Prikulis could easily shut your team down and played lights out hockey for all 50 games of the season. He is #8 on the all time win list, #6 on the all time games played and was 5 shut outs away from being #2 on all time shutouts. It is clear he is a goalie who was the entire package and helped carried his team to success. While I don't think he ever won a challenge cup ( I could be wrong ), the name will echo through the halls of Winnipeg for many years to come.

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

I am going to take a little bit of a different road here - in the time that followed my initial tenure with the Wolfpack, there was a period of great success. With the three Challenge Cups that New England secured in S30, S31 and S33, the leadership of the franchise was impeccable. Obviously Eggy was a main factor as the Head GM of the team during their peak, but I have to give a nod towards one of the greatest leaders this team has ever had - @Jenny. Jenny remained part of the team when I returned to the Head GM role, and she proudly wore the C on her chest as we began the long, difficult path back to contention. 

She played some of the strongest defense I've ever seen out of a player, and she was proud to be a member of the Pack. She wanted nothing more than to retire with the Green, and it was an absolute pleasure to work with her. One of the greatest leaders New England will ever see.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I've been lucky enough to BE the GOAT of my former franchise, the Texas Renegades. Setting the all-time lead in points, goals and assists made my sim-life complete. 605 points, 240 goals and 459 assists (for the records) were a climb fighting off former GOAT in Partlow.

While Durden didn't receive many individual awards, his career ended up being capped off with a Championship and a playoff MVP award, which eventually pushed him into the Hall of Fame. He wasn't just a player that went out and made plays, but had a lot of help from his teammates. When you look at the lines he was on with Owen, Karlson, Allen and more, you can see why he did as well as he did. Playing most of your career for one team really does help, too.

Someone will for sure step up and take over the mantle. I'm sure it'll be sooner than later.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Knowing absolutely nothing about past players I'm gonna go with Tommy Pepperoni as the GOAT Edmonton Blizzard. Highest PPG currently in team history and although he's not getting any younger I believe he can keep up his production and help the team in this very important season and the upcoming playoffs. As a player and as a leader he is an example to follow.

Despite his imminent regression he is currently having career years in the twilight of his career and I wouldn't be surprised if he retired with an even higher PPG average and solidifies his position as the best Blizzard ever. It's clear that he is a special player and that the team is very lucky to have him. Replacing him will be impossible and his mark on the team will be felt for a long time and if that isn't the definition of GOAT then I don't know what is.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

For the San Francisco Pride, the GOAT would have to be none other than defenceman Jack Tanner. He sits number 1 in Points and Games Played. As well as tied for 4th in goals scored. He’s been a member of the Pride since S39 and was drafted when they were still in Portland. Going 2nd overall behind Connor Tanner (are they brothers? I can’t remember.) the Pride defenceman finished his S39 Rookie showing with the most points of any rookie. The Pride may not have had a ton of success, but Jack Tanner has been a stalwart for the San Francisco Pride for his entire career. His uniform is sure to be retired by the franchise once he inevitably hangs up his skates. But until then, he continues to prove why he is the San Francisco Pride’s greatest of all time. You know the Pride will look to give Tanner one last go before retirement.

Code:
158 Words]

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Id like to make my pitch for Bojo Biscuit being the goat, for the West Kendall Platoon. Not only was Bojo Biscuit a force on the ice during his career, he rebuilt the franchise from a personal and community image side. Bojo took over West Kendall in the early season 20s, when the team had no assets, was losing game after game, and no one wanted to play there. During his career in West Kendall bojo would play 17 seasons, 858 games only behind Alex Light. Bojo may not hold many of the top records, however he is in the top 3 conversation for many of them. However, I believe his biggest contribution to the team was the environment he built, and the team that he was able to form. Bringing in many top players and users to the site, Zoone, JR, Slappy, Ej, Enigmatic are just some to name a few. Biscuit had a great career for West Kendall, but Bojo's impact is felt by anyone who was lucky enough to be apart of the locker room.

Code:
179 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]