Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

Currently I'd say that Alexander Roach is the Greatest Of All Time for the Quebec Citadels franchise. He has over 50% more total points than the runner up in a similar amount of games, and his total +/- is 4th in the franchise. His game rating, offensive rating, and defensive rating are all top of the team, and his role as center undoubtedly gives him a leadership position among the junior teammates. He has most shots blocked of the franchise, literally sacrificing his body for the good of the team. His average time on ice is one of the top of the franchise, so he's also giving up his physical fitness and risking injury just to help the team do as well as they can. His GF/60 and CF%(rel) is among the top of the franchise, further detailing his astounding contribution to this long-lasting and reputable franchise. There is no other contender for franchise GOAT that can hold a stick to Alexander Roach.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

It's very unfair to pick only one player in the storied franchise that is the Minnesota Chiefs, in order to represent their full history. But two players stand out to me, personally.

The first is the legendary Hall of Famer defenseman, Alonzo Garbanzo (@ArGarBarGar) . He holds the clear majority of all of our skater records (save for the amount of goals in franchise history, record held by Terrance Nova.) He's played the most games for the franchise since its inception. He's an accomplished player that left his mark in Minnesota, playing his whole 20-seasons career at the XCel Energy Center, and he was part of the last squad that was able to grab a Challenge Cup, 16 seasons ago. Not only that, but we're talking about a player with a staggering 9 nominations on the 1st All-Star teams, 5 Scott Stevens Trophies, and even a Ron Mexico to his credit to round up the amount of recognition he has received over his career's length. His number 2 has been retired since Season 46, and for good reason!

The second is more of a "sentimental pick", but Robert Andersson (@"JAJA SWEG DINGDONG" ) can be argued as the best ever goalie to wear a Chiefs' uniform. Once again, he was part of the S39 Championship Team, and he had his fair share of All-Star nominations, but I really feel we've been robbed of "what could have been" with his early retirement, due to a nagging back injury. I know he's a more "controversial" pick, but his numbers are what I'm aiming for, in order to overtake that mantle once my career is over - as the best goaltender in Minnesota Chiefs' franchise history.

(291 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I've been a member of the Blizzard for some time and seen many amazing players come and go, but one name that stands above the rest is Tor Tuck @ErM . Selected back in the S37 draft he has played his entire career with Edmonton, collecting numerous awards and setting franchise records in goals, assists, points, games played, hits and PIM's by a defenseman. Before him the big name on the blue line was arguably Jackson Rogers-Tanaka, but Tor passed him a few seasons back and has now just been padding his totals. Beyond the blue line he now also leads all Blizzard players in both assists and penalty minutes, and will soon become the owner of all time games played. Top all that off with a pair of Challenge Cups to his name and he is sure to retire the #1 defender in franchise history for the Edmonton Blizzard. How long will it stand though is an entirely different argument for another day as Brady McIntyre is hot on his heels.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 01:06 PM by slothfacekilla.)

It is a bit tougher deciding this for an expansion franchise like the New Orleans Specters, but I would have to go with Demaricus Smyth @Blastmeaway as the GOAT for New Orleans.  Smyth currently leads the Specters in all time points by 15 points over the second place Nic Williams.  Smyth also has the most Specters goals in his New Orleans career with 165 as well, leading Williams again in career totals.  Smyth will probably lose his franchise points and goals lead eventually, but this is because he swapped to defense late in his career to help the Specters franchise when they needed help on the backend.  This just shows that Smyth will do whatever it takes to win for the team, and this showed when he helped the Specters raise their first Challenge Cup last season.  Smyth also boasts the franchise record for career hits, fights, shots, and plus minus.  I think it is an easy call that Demaricus Smyth is the early New Orleans GOAT in the SHL.

169 words
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 01:08 PM by Slowpoke.)

This is a pretty easy one. The Greatest of all Time out of Texas is Jack Durden @Durden . If we just look at his team rank for each statistic we can see why

GP: 900 (2nd)
G: 278 (1st)
A: 477 (1st)
P: 755 (1st)
Power Play Points: 164 (2nd)
Game Winning Goals: 39 (4th)

Durden was a leader on the ice and off. I was fortunate enough to only play with him, but also share a LR with him. The level of consistency that he showed over 18 seasons wearing the black and silver is unmatched. The franchise has many greats. Chris Partlow, Conklin Owen, Liam Kinsler, and Durden is the best of them all. Durden presents the bar for which all other Renegades are measured. I am hard pressed to think of another player who may even have a chance at getting to his level. Harvey Danger is the closest of all active players, and he still have 300 less games and about 400 less points. Durden’s legacy will probably never be beaten.

[Image: horvat3.png]

For the Buffalo Stampede, it’s pretty clear who the Greatest of all Time is. It’s longtime captain Alexis Metzler @Avakael . He holds nearly every relevant franchise record: games played, assists, points, hits, blocked shots, penalty minutes, minutes played, all power play scoring categories, shorthanded points, game tying goals… the list honestly goes on and on. He was the face of the franchise for over two decades (21 seasons!) as a force in every way. Metzler isn’t just the best player in Buffalo franchise history, he’s one of the best defensemen of all time in the SHL, and is an obvious first ballot Hall of Famer when his time comes.

While players like Viktor Marius, Alexander Selich, or Cassius Darrow may surpass some of his records someday—Marius is 80 points back of Metzler’s 697 franchise points--no one can surpass the sheer impact his career and presence had on making the Buffalo Stampede what they are today. I hope Ava recreates someday and rejoins the Buffabro active roster gang.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I think, for the Kelowna Knights, A future and current Greatest Of All Time player would have to be, myself, Devin Williams. My reasoning is that he's now a first line defence man on the Kelowna Knights roster since the second season in his SMJHL career, and will be for this season and the one following it, He's also got a very strong shot and is on the top line of PowerPlay One, which will allow him great chances at making strong plays on the puck and to contribute a lot of points and goals during powerplays, while also being on penalty kill one will allow him to make strong defensive plays in order to clear the zone and maintain a good record for the goalie, which in turn will lead to great records for the team as a whole. Devin williams is slated to have another great year, and already has two multi goal games and quite a few kills on the penalty kill, as well as many multi-point games.
that's my argument for Devin Williams being a future GOAT. If you want to contest that, we'll do it on the ice.

In this new FHM era, which to me is not really comparable to STHS, the current GOAT for the Winnipeg Jets would be Nick Brain. While he does not yet approach the heights of Jason Visser's seasons, Nick has led the team two seasons running in scoring and performance. Combining the two eras together, Nick has amassed 350 games, 121 goals, 165 assists for 286 points as of last season, not counting this season's team-leading 27 points (meaning that he's at a point-per-game pace) so far. Therefore he isn't as far off to Jason Visser as some may believe, and still has quite a while before regression sets in meaning that he should continue to produce in this vein for a couple of seasons yet. If the rest of the supporting cast on the Jets can give Nick Brain the offensive room to breathe and produce plays, he should be able to eclipse Jason Visser handily - and be the GOAT Jet of all time.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Since Toronto is a team with such a long history and I've only known the team for a relatively short time, I'm going to approach this PT a little differently. I'm going to pick a GOAT from the time while I was on the team (which has been 8 seasons and a bit now). I can't judge old retired players simply by numbers, because I don't know if those stats can still be compared to current stats considering several expansions that have happened since the beginning, we’ve had a sim engine change and what not. Sure, we’ve probably all heard of the ‘real’ franchise GOAT Kristian Eriksson who played for the team pretty much forever, way before my time, and also Chris York, who I got to play with just before he retired.
Those aren’t players I’m going to pick here, however. I can think of two slightly more recent GOATs. One was my goalie partner when I just joined the team and he's quite famous around the league: Michael McFadden. He's in the SHL Hall Of Fame, what more do I have to say? McFadden only really played six seasons with Toronto, but I would like to highlight season 44 as his best with the team. That year McFadden won a Ron Mexico, a John McBride, a Sarmad Khan and a Mike Honcho Trophy and had 29 wins (44 starts). That's a team record for a goalie I can only dream of breaking. My second Toronto GOAT candidate had his ‘hot years’ basically around the same time, maybe a little after that still and this person is Mikhail Lokitonov. I'm not even going to list all the awards Loki won, just look them up on the team history page. We’re talking about a 2000+ TPE player who was the best player on the team when I was a rookie, likely one of the best in the league and while he never won a cup with Toronto, he is always going to be remembered as one of the franchise GOATs. There can be more than one right?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

The most GOATed player of the Stampede ever has to me Dermot Lavelle. Not only was he literally a goat, he also was a decent player who got points sometimes and i think that is cool. It is better than my player could ever do. At one point he made a bot for the locker room and was like, "laugh" but it didnt really work so I helped him out. Sometimes I think he is a little whack in the head but it is just how he was raised. Like a little monkey. Speaking of monkey. The future franchise goat has to be Monkey D Luffy. Not only is he a league leader in points, he also is the future of the team and is a cool dude sometimes. I think that he has a future of making bot that do funny and I will be there to help him. Only if he wants to. Here is a hint to all the goalies out there. Be good and dont let anything in from him and he get mad. Do with this knowledge what you will.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

When Rhys Pritchard was drafted to the Toronto North Stars he had ambitious dreams of being a franchise legend. But after getting familiar with the history of the organization, it's clear that it's going to be an uphill battle for him to be considered the best player to ever don the blue and white. That distinction would undoubtedly go to Kristian Eriksson. Eriksson played 24 seasons for the North Stars and leads all skaters in the history of the franchise in most statistical categories. Over the course of a franchise best 1208 games, he recorded franchise records in goals (489), assists (523), points (1012), hits (2471), minutes (27,244), power play goals (112), power play assists (148) among various other categories. With that kind of career longevity and success, it's hard to imagine many players in the history of SHL that have done more for their franchise. Eriksson also played on the only Challenge Cup winning team in North Stars history. If Pritchard wants to write his own legacy in Toronto, bringing another cup into town would be a good place to start.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Currently, Texas's franchise GOAT is none other than Jack Durden. Purely looking at stats, he has the most games played for the Renegades (exactly 900 games played), tied for the most goals (278 goals alongside Conklin Owen), holds the most assists (477 assists), and thus has the most overall points for Texas with 755 points. That being said, Texas has an exciting crop of prospects that will soon all be playing together under new ownership. These next few seasons should be exhilarating for the Renegades, and there is potential for a new Texas GOAT: Edward Williams. Williams has made a name for himself in the SMJHL and for his national team, with 80 goals and 96 assists, for a total of 176 points across the SMJHL, WJC, and IIHF across regular season and playoffs, plus round robins and medal rounds. The Texas Renegades are going to need a center to step up in the next few seasons and Williams will be that man.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 06:16 PM by Rich.)

I’m going to take the easy way out on this one and pick a former player for my current team. Kristian Eriksson has a legitimate case as the best player to ever play in the SHL. He also played his entire career in Toronto. Pretty easy choice as the greatest player in North Star’s history. He holds nearly every franchise record a skater can hold. He was the first player in SHL history to reach 1000 points. He is second only to Esa in career goals and career points. Eriksson wasn’t physically dominant over his whole career, but had a few seasons with over 200 hits, and a very respectable career total. Behind Eriksson in most categories for Toronto is Chris York and Mikhail Lokitonov. Both were great players in their time, but their numbers are dwarfed by the absolutely insane career of Eriksson. There really isn’t any competition for the title of GOAT skater in Toronto. I took a quick look at goalies in Toronto, but none of them did enough to even be worth considering over Eriksson.

Love the history based PTs. Would love to see more.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 07:41 PM by leafsftw1967.)

Having played for the Newfoundland Berserkers for the last three seasons I have gotten to know a lot of the team history and the top players of the franchise, especially after completing my Berserkers prospect recruitment article last season that went over all of the current and past superstars that played for Newfoundland. So with that being said, I want to make a case for Newfoundland winger Ryuuji Minamino @Nhamlet as the greatest player of all time to play for the Berserkers both on and off the ice. Minamino was the SMJHL scoring champion of season fifty four, scoring at a ridiculous rate and averaging over a point a game with fifty three points. This season he is on pace to impressively eclipse his point total from last season and also record over one hundred and twenty five points as a Berserker during his career as a junior. He has been a staple for Newfoundland off the ice as well being a locker room leading as a captian, master test simmer and an amazing coach that was able to find strategies to get Marner producing when it seemed impossible at point last season. Overall, I got a lot of respect for him and will go down as the best Berserker of this era and one of the best in the SMJHL during the FHM era.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I will decide to talk about the team I currently play for, and that is the New Orleans Specters. They have not been around as long as some other teams that we have here in the league, since they were an expansion team. So, off the top of my head, that would be the choice of the franchises GOAT a lot easier because there is not as many comparisons and not that much history to dig up.

Nicholas Williams and Demarycus Smyth are both currently on the team still and Joe Kurczewski has been traded away to Buffalo for his final season in the SHL before he bids farewell to the league. Easily, choosing the teams GM for this time in JoeK would be the easy choice but the franchise records actually surprised me. They have all 3 played the same amount of games, well because they have been on the team for the even amount of time. Remove this seasons trade for JoeK, Games Played would be tied for the Specters.

Demaricus Smyth does lead the team in goals scored wearing the purple and black with a total of 165 goals, only 8 more than Nicholas Williams. Aswell as goals, the assists leader goes to Demaricus Smyth with a total of 231 and Nicholas Williams being in second with 224. Obviously, if Smyth leads the team in both goals and asissts, that means he is the franchise leader in points aswell. It makes it an easy decision for me to choose Smyth as the teams franchise GOAT. I am sorry Joe, but I would have to give it to him just solely based off of stats. Looking as a whole, JoeK has given a lot of time and effort as a GM and helping build competitive and championship winning teams over his tenure in the front office of the Specters.

There will be many more players that will put on the purple and black, and either player would have to go through a pretty good list of players in order to be crowned the new franchise GOAT in my opinion.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature