Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

I'm going to switch thing up here and say Gabriel Johnson will go down as the Hamilton Steelhawks GOAT. This man has done a lot for the team, acting as a player manager for the past few seasons, and a coach since he got on the team. He is part of the reason we are on FHM right now, a far superior sim engine to STHS from what I saw before I got into the league. On top of that, he's no slouch on the actual ice. He's an offensive defenseman, peppering the net for his teammates to swoop in and tuck a rebound. He's already won 3 or 4 challenge cups, and Hammy aren't looking like they'll stop competing for the trophy any time soon. All in all, I think Gabriel will be Hammy's goat, not to mention one of the Canada fed heads! Good job Gabriel.

[Image: rotti.gif]

[Image: pHVwiKm.png]
@Beaver

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

For the Newfoundland Berserkers my greatest of all time is a current Berserker. My greatest of all time is current winger and Season 53 player Ryuuji Minamino.In Season 53 Minamino led the rebuilding Berserkers with 36 points in 50 games which is impressive for a team that most were not expecting much out of. In S54 Minamino had 53 points in 50 games which made him the tied for the highest scoring player in the league which meant he won a joint Jared Hanson Trophy. In that season he scored 25 goals which was second best in the league and 28 assists.Minamino led the best team in the league and sported good advanced statistics ontop of that. Now in Season 55 Minamino is currently leading the league with 34 points in 24 games. He has the most assists in the league with 26 and has also scored 8 goals. Minamino is a force on the ice for what has been a dominant team in the SMJHL and is looking to cap off an already great career with a Four Star Cup. This is why Minamino should be considered the Berserkers Greatest of All Time and he will likely be in the conversation maybe even, THE conversation once this season is over as he has been impressive thus far. Minamino's stats on the ice as well as his off ice presence in the media and statistics is enough for me to be the Greatest Berserker of all time.

Code:
254 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Although the Winnipeg Jets have had a number of really great players come through the system over the years, I think the franchise GOAT is Leafs4ever. As the founding manager of the franchise, he was a HoF General Manager and ran the team solo for the first 31 seasons of the team's existence. He also had 2 Hall of Fame players play for the team at various times, with Uppercut and Einstein both having their jerseys fly in the Winnipeg Arena. It almost doesn't feel right that he is no longer running the team or at least being a big part of it! He guided the team to multiple Cup wins and playoff appearances and garnered so much respect for the Jets that people didn't even care that they were named after an NHL team! I think it's safe to say that few other people have had such a major impact on a team, and the league as a whole, than Leafs. I hear he has a player in this Draft so perhaps the time is ripe for his triumphant return to the franchise he founded and ran for so many seasons!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

It’s hard to talk about best player of franchises if you are not big insider in this league. I will try to talk about team I play for, but it will be still be about nowadays and new generation players.

Colorado Raptors have been great franchise and still is. Even after last few unlucky seasons, they are strong and are trying to get back on the track and fight for a cup. It’s try to talk about GOAT for a SMJHL team, because players usually play there only four seasons, but this is only team I have played for in a while.

One of the greatest players this team have ever had is Sven Svenson. He is really big reason why Raptors are so good. Amazing player and even more amazing human. I would say he is a GOAT not only because of his achievements, but of his personality aswell. He is amazing human being who always cares about people and help others. In general - amazing player with great personality. Will bring very much to his SHL team and I would crown him as a GOAT for Colorado Raptors franchise.

Raptors

191 words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

One of the greatest players in SHL history if not the best goalie of all time was Edmonton's Jakub Aittokallio. I had the honour of coming into Edmonton with Broadway to take over the pipes from him but damn, what a career. His 402 wins with the franchise is not only the best in team history but enough to have the most wins out of any goalie in history. Of course you can argue that Jakub just played forever but that amount of success on the ice is nothing other than inspirational. That is why I made a goalie and I'm sure convinced others as well. There will never be another like Aittokallio though. '

He ended up playing 17 seasons with the team compared to Broadway's 9. While Broadway had a pretty impressive record of 27 shutouts, Aittokallio blew that out of the water with 53 over his seasons. Tommy Tuck was another phenomenal Edmonton goalie but fell short as well with 23 shutouts.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

It's clear to me and anyone who has watched his performance over the past two seasons (disregarding this current season... for now) that the greatest goalie of all time (ggoat) for the Detroit Falcons is Thor Odinson. While many may clamour "oh but he was just a backup! You can't count his stats and performance from that time!" I would respond to that by saying "why the hell not?". Despite his backup position, Odinson would have broke a number of single season franchise records (and league records) in his first season with the Falcons - GAA and Save% would have seen him breaking the records if they didn't have a 20 game minimum, and he would have been tied for second with shutouts as well. 
While Odinson has not had the same showing this season after moving into a starting role, I believe the season will level out for him and he'll end up going down as the GGOAT for the Detroit Falcons at the end of his tenure, and the GGDOAT (greatest goalie duo of all time) alongside A. Jobin.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

I must go with Ron Mexico from the Winnipeg Jets! He was THE FORCE of the SHL in the very first decade. without him they never won anything and he had incredible numbers in the SHL. He is of course a SHL Hall of Famer and for sure a Winnipeg Jets Hall of Famer. He brought the Winnipeg Jets 2 Cups. One in the very first Season of the SHL and one in Season 7. He also won several awards in the SHL. The most terrifying thing is that he won in his 13 Season of SHL four times the Ron Mexico Trophy and that was also the reason for naming this League MVP after him. But he also won three Khan Trophies, also four Karpotsovs and two McDonalds. In my opinion he had the best career of all time under 15 season careers! I believe no one will top this performance in any time!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

The Best Player of the Buffalo Thunder

Ivo Willems will forever be known as the greatest player for the defunct Franchise the Buffalo Thunder. Being their 1st round selection has defaulted him into this role, just before 2nd round pick Jareth Sto Helit. Willems was supposed to be the future of the franchise before the franchise was axed due to homesickness of the general manager. While the franchise was moved instantly, the three fans that still remain have made a statue of Willems outside the area where the stadium was supposed to be build. So despite never having even played a game for the Thunder, Al, Bob and Jimbob still think Willems was the greatest player that ever could have suited up for the Thunder. The three brothers are still thinking of that what could have been 40+ seasons ago when they were just young boys and they have never given up hope of the Thunder returning to Buffalo. And the Stampede? These are just wannabees in the eyes of the three, nothing will replace the Thunder for them, and Willems will remain their god for the rest of eternity.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

The franchise goat for Winnipeg Jets is none other than the legend, Jason Visser himself. Although Jason Visser has only won 2 challenge cups in his career, he has made the list of accomplished players. In fact, he ranks 4th in all time in that category. Jason Visser played a whopping 18 seasons from s32-s50 and everytime he stepped on the ice, he was a force to be reckoned with. He amassed a variety of accolades during his tenure, these include the Ron Mexico trophy, Karpostov trophy, Sarmad Khan trophy,Mcdonald trophy and various other nominations. As you can see, this stud was just a complete menace. He was a leader in points and goals, a true offensive machine. He was even nominated for Dar so you can see that he wasn't only one dimensional. He was able to play both spectrums of the ice: offense and defense. Truth be told, I don't think the Jets will ever see a complete package like this beast. He is a generational talent.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

The Rage have a player that is leagues above all the rest, although current players are set to break some of his records. This player is none other than Roy Razin. If you look at the stats lines in the player history for the Rage you will see his name topping every chart. With the Rage historically being a middle of the road team, his numbers really punch through. Our latest success is built on our current talent of Thomason and Aitokallio. In the future these two will be in the consideration for GOAT status, but these players need a few more seasons. If you count how many things he tops: Games Played, Assists, Points, and Shots Blocked you begin to see why this guy deserves the GOAT. Roy was all over the place except for the goal. Given an opportunity I am sure he would have suited up in the pads to take even that record away from Jason Aitokallio, but alas he was too far past his prime to push for 209 goalie wins.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

[Image: HHuxLsl.jpg]

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

The GOAT for the Texas Reneagades is Chris Partlow. This legendary defense-men was the center piece of the greatest Renegades core of all time. This team won multiple championships with legends such as Liam Kinsler, Taylor Hall, Jordan Tootoo and many other cult heros including Alexandre Daigle and playoff hero Wingles. While all these names hold a special place in the hearts of Texas fans Partlow was the GOAT. The team ran a team with only four defensemen and Partlow played the most minutes of anyone on the team. He played 5 on 5, final minute of the game, power play and penalty kill. His game left no questions and off the ice he was a true GOAT as well. To be the greatest Renegade of all time you have to have been suspended. Partlow was suspended but not for cheating. Basically he got suspended for being a thorn in the leagues side while being a beast on the ice. That is why he is the GOAT.

Words: 167

[Image: livius.gif]

Ryuuji Minamino is the next greatest of all time, and here is my reasoning. A dominant  player on the Newfoundland Berserker team, he is equally good at helping rookies in the locker room and on the ice. The community loves his efforts off the ice as well. Visits to charities and helping out the underprivileged  youth have been a focus of his even before he has risen to an elite level.

On the ice, Ryuuji is a very proficient scorer. He puts up numbers most only dream about. How can a player with so much character and hockey skills not become the greatest of all time. It is written in the stars. Someone that nearly all rookies look up to for guidance. He is always willing to stay late after practice to help out. What a true league hero. Most of his accomplishments go unnoticed, but to the ones that do follow him, know he is one of a kind.

I know more about NEW than anyone else since I played there for so long and at one point was trying to chase some of the records (got higher up in goals and hits than I would've expected actually), so I'll talk about the best player in the history of that franchise in my opinion, Nathan Russell. He played in the third most games, scored the fifth most goals, had the second most spicy dishes (aka assists), and the highest plus minus rating in franchise history. He was a true two-way player as well, racking up the second most hits in franchise history (and the corresponding large number of penalty minutes, but that's not as much of an impressive stat). I honestly have no idea who the user behind Nathan was so this isn't biased in any way - he's just excellent in basically all of the franchise statistics I consider valuable, consistently finishing in the top 10 outside of things like shot blocks that he never had a great opportunity to get and goalkeeping stats of course.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]