Create Account

Sim Day 10: Luffy Richard

Hello, Whaler faithful. Boy, do we have a busy day of hockey to recount. Your Keyboard Warrior is here to make sure you get the big beats of the day that was in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. Well, at least as to how it pertains to the Whalers, and the greatest Luffy ever drafted by the Whalers and North Stars.

The first game has the Quebec City Citadelles at the Vancouver Whalers. The Citadelles took the first contest between the two, so the Whalers are out for revenge against the upstart expansion team with the torturously catchy goal song. 

The second game sees the Vancouver Whalers at the St. Louise Scarecrows. I hate them because Scarecrow from the Batman animated series scared me to in to never wanting to go into cornfields.

The third game of the simulated day sees the Maine Timber at the Vancouver Whalers. I unironically love their goal song, which makes me hate the Timber with all the more vigor. I gotta dig up my harmonica...

Well, Whalers faithful, let me recount to you what happened this day.

Well, what a revenge game that was! Redacted with the shut out, Zebulon Leavitt scoring his first goal, and the Whalers taking the contest 4-0.
Luffy Richard was a plus-2 and got himself on the scoreboard with his third goal, and the seventh point, of the season. He added one blocked shot, and was jubilant on the bench. I caught up with him real quick after the game and knowing he was busy I didn't ask too many questions, and he was happy the team came together in such a spectacular way. He was happy to get another goal and be a positive force on the ice, and hopes to continue his success in the next sim.

With that being said, how did the contest against the St. Louis Scarecrows go? let's recap it, shall we?

The Whalers game a strong showing, but ultimately fell to the Scarecrows 4-3. Luffy Richard's strong defensive game lead to four blocked shots and a hit, while also winning the only face-off he took. Still, he ended the game as a minus-1 and only generated a single shot on goal. He, and the Whalers (who have generated a lot of offense these past two games) will look to rebound in the final bout.

Speaking of which, the Main Timber are visiting Vancouver. How did the Whalers, and Luffy, fair?

What a game. A heartbreaker to be sure, but what a game. The whalers came out flat against the Timber, going down 2-0 in the first. They battled back, but lost 6-4. The Whalers keep exploding with offense, but fail to keep the puck out of their own net. Sarah Burke scored the first goal of their career, adding to the rookie milestones accomplished today. It's a shame it came during a loss, but there are more to come I'm sure. 

Luffy Richard scored his fourth goal, the eighth point of the season, against the Maine Timber. The assists coming from a Snail and a Russian. He also added two blocked shots and finished a plus-1 amidst all the chaos. Luffy Richard has been blocking shots at an extraordinary pace. Its almost as if he wants the pain of each shot to awaken the hockey god inside of him. Whatever the reason, I'm sure his goalies appreciate his willingness to sacrifice his body to keep shots from reaching the net.

I asked Luffy Richard how he felt about his performance on the tenth day of sims, and he felt positive about his efforts. He also said his confidence has climbed because of his teammates' support. He told me the Whalers' locker room is high energy, and pushing to make a great leap forward.

Well, Whalers fans, the mighty Whale picked up two points of a possible six, but those two loses were close games. This team has much improved over the off-season, and Whalers fans should be proud of the effort this team is putting in. The dry season will come to an end, and soon there will be rain for this club.

Until next time,

Keyboard Warrior,

out.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

Nice.

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria