Create Account

Job Pay Reviews

Imo it's about time we take a look at how job pay is structured on the site...some demanding jobs like simmer and file updater are paid appropriately but a lot of other demanding jobs are paid less than a lot of easier jobs. Positions like the commissioner and basically all HO jobs are some of the most demanding and also among the lowest paid jobs. The league wouldn't function without the work these guys do and it should be reflected in their pay. We've always used the fact that this job shouldn't be about money as an argument against paying these people what they deserve but I don't buy that argument. We have apps to weed out the people who would only apply for the money and HO members need to reapply every couple of seasons so it's not like they can put in a good app and then slack off and get paid for seasons on end. The nature of the job itself is demanding enough to weed out most people who wouldn't take it seriously anyways so I don't see how we can keep justifying massively underpaying them.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

#GiveCoreyARaise

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

#GiveCoreyARaise

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

#GiveKalakarTheMoon

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

#GiveCoreyARaise

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

The SHL Commish job pays $4m?

I'd rather they spend their time with the actual job than having to think about writing media for the sake of being about to buy equipment for their player.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

08-07-2020, 03:37 PMNhamlet Wrote: The SHL Commish job pays $4m?

I'd rather they spend their time with the actual job than having to think about writing media for the sake of being about to buy equipment for their player.

Literally this, if we make it so that they can actually have successful players from their job pay they can invest more energy in the job and less figuring out how to pay for training and coaching

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Yes

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Was worried this was a "pay updaters less" thread

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 04:04 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

#GiveCoreyARaise

and i wont complain if i get one out of this as well

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

I know @Tomasnz was working on this for HO before he had to step away, would love to see this get discussed again

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Yes, we as a community as grown past the small compensation for work. It’s 2020, it took 9 years to pay them anything. As a community we have grown to the point that someone should be able to pay for training without having to write a ton of media or graphics. Maybe when the community was smaller and not on discord. Site activity demanded for media or graphics to run activity. Now we can have plenty of people to write media and do graphics and allow other people to do jobs that pay for those kinds of things. Now of course media/graphics will still be the Main source of income for a lot of people, but if people are putting hours and hours into a job per season they should get compensated like it

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

We been asking for pay reviews for years

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

#GiveNourARaise

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

#LeeOut

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]