Create Account

Rich and JayWhy - Live!
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 10:30 PM by Rich.)

Hello SHL!

Luke is gone this week, so JayWhy will be taking his place. Holy buckets, JayWhy can really talk about the SHL.

This week, we... I say we, but let's be real, it was mostly JayWhy. We talk about the history of cheating in the SHL. We stick to mostly old stuff, because the more recent stuff is going to be more known to our listeners. We also answer questions from @bluesfan55, @ml002, and @luketd.

So, if you want to watch the twitch vod, it is a little over 2 hours. There is also a stretch after we stop recording where we don't talk SHL that lasts 15, maybe 20 minutes. Then we get back to SHL and JayWhy talks about some of his plans for when he stops being GM of Manhattan. I thought it was great.

Video:
Twitch vod

Audio:
Anchor.fm link
Spotify show link - Rich and JayWhy episode should be available shortly

Thanks for listening. I believe Luke will be back next week. That is, unless the BHN is up to no good.

please split pay between myself and JayWhy

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

We are live! We will begin recording in a few minutes.

Adam Prpich Portal Link

Aves

[Image: lebbish.gif]

So, we finally finished. I will post links to the twitch vod and audio recordings when they are available.

Adam Prpich Portal Link

My new weekend morning routine: do some photoshopping and have the podcast/video on in the background. Listened to the whole what was it 2 hours?
Very interesting to hear about the old stuff that happened way before my time here. I always wonder if you know all these statistics and player names by heart or look them up while you talk. I couldn't remember things if they happened that long ago.

About all the early let's just call it 'drama' in the league, all the negative stuff. To me it really seems like the people in the league were simply so young (I'm sure the average still is pretty young) and these things probably happened naturally. You want to win, don't think much about other people and then you cheat. That's my impression.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

HTT crew is listening in the car right now, loving it!

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Dear @JayWhy :

Never once did I tell all of my players to do the passing to 40/HAM cheat in STHS. Aaron Wilson never told me about his test Sims. It was actually Evans who told me about that nonsense since he was on HAM then and saw the HAM players that were on Russia doing it. That’s when I started the “fuck that” campaign, and said from the get go that They should’ve reported that to HO.

As for the FHM role exploit, we found the issue, and Nic told Corey about it. We reported it to HO. We were simply told to “prove it”, and weren’t taken seriously about it. So we did it because of that. We proved it. It got fixed. It could’ve been stopped ahead of time since we reported it but it fell on deaf ears it seems.

Just want you to have your facts straight when you go on podcasts and talk about what happened. <3

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I enjoyed this while working

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-11-2020, 07:09 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Dear @JayWhy :

Never once did I tell all of my players to do the passing to 40/HAM cheat in STHS. Aaron Wilson never told me about his test Sims. It was actually Evans who told me about that nonsense since he was on HAM then and saw the HAM players that were on Russia doing it. That’s when I started the “fuck that” campaign, and said from the get go that They should’ve reported that to HO.

I'm pretty sure this was post-trade so I wouldn't have been on HAM. The Russia thing was when I noticed it, since I was still assistant fed head at the time. But I'm also old and forgetful so maybe you're right and I'm wrong.

We're still talking about this?

Aside from that, I need to go back and listen to this episode.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

08-11-2020, 10:44 PMztevans Wrote:
08-11-2020, 07:09 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Dear @JayWhy :

I'm pretty sure this was post-trade so I wouldn't have been on HAM.  The Russia thing was when I noticed it, since I was still assistant fed head at the time.  But I'm also old and forgetful so maybe you're right and I'm wrong.

We're still talking about this? 

Aside from that, I need to go back and listen to this episode.

You know, it might have been just after the trade. It was close.

And no, we weren’t still talking about this until JayWhy got most, if not all, of his facts wrong here. I was easily the biggest opponent of the HAM exploit from the start yet somehow that got turned into “New Orleans did it too and Joe K is shady” haha. Setting the record straight that I’m pretty sure I made a “Fuck Hamilton” podcast that night lol. We never did that in STHS.

Can’t let the new guys listen to some garbage like that.

Update Page
Player Page

08-12-2020, 12:58 AMJKortesi81 Wrote: Setting the record straight that I’m pretty sure I made a “Fuck Hamilton” podcast that night lol. We never did that in STHS.

You did, I remember listening to one where you talked about it.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 10:16 AM by JKortesi81.)

08-12-2020, 02:31 AMCarpy48 Wrote:
08-12-2020, 12:58 AMJKortesi81 Wrote: Setting the record straight that I’m pretty sure I made a “Fuck Hamilton” podcast that night lol. We never did that in STHS.

You did, I remember listening to one where you talked about it.

Go back and listen. If anything, I was being an asshole about it. We didn’t do it. It should’ve been stopped right away. I think I told the whole league to do it actually haha.

Update Page
Player Page

Just listened to this, not sure how it got past me when it came out...

Quality work you guys but of course I gotta chip in since you mentioned me regarding the Joe-Chris colluding situation Tongue . I am almost one hundred percent sure that I never took a "this league is anti-German" stance or anything of the sorts. Of course there is a slight chance I'm misremembering things but I am very sure that I didn't say anything along those lines. Maybe you are confusing me with Chris here because I think he used this Defense at the time!

You are right though in that I believed this decision to be wrong and argued against it quite strongly, and while not all details are present on my mind anymore, I still stand by that. There were a bunch of complicating factors at play here and ultimately this could have been handled with a warning or mere slap on the wrist, especially since the players they traded around werent stars but like inactive bottom-pairing Defensemen and it only happened like twice, not every season. I would argue that there wasnt even a rule in place at the time that was broken, that was instituted later. Instead we essentially drove a very good GM and member off the site in Joe for something that could've been handled much differently. He had an impeccable reputation and was hit with the strictest interpretation of the law possible, not getting the benefit of the doubt and, even more importantly, not even really getting a chance to appeal.

This is one of the examples that I touched upon with my recent article when talking about favoritism, he didn't really get along with some of the people in charge of handing down the punishment so they hit him with the harshest punishment possible and denied his appeal within like two hours which was the most laughable aspect of the whole thing to be honest. At the same time people who got along much better with those in charge of the Discipline were protected in a sesne and got away with a lot of stuff that was just as shady if not worse.