Create Account

New Logos for the IIHF, an attempt (Part 3, combo WJC teams)

Told you I would return with something, at least. Now, there aren't quite as many teams in the World Juniors Championship and only four of them really would require a new logo. Understandably, these teams are usually just referred to with other national logos and that's about it. Instead of just sticking with that format, why not trying out just combining the logos into something else for these combo teams? Not like it hurts.

So that was my project for the week, trying my hand at the four current combo teams. In the end, I ended up merging logos for three of the teams with the fourth logo of the bunch being an obvious exception. So, without further ado...

[Image: 9b6vDEX.png]
TEAM DACH
Austria, Germany and Switzerland
To those who aren't aware, this combo team's background is historical, as two of these three states and the pieces that would eventually form the third were all a part of the larger Holy Roman Empire umbrella, a region of fragmented states that ranged from Burgundy all the way to Austria. The conundrum would, of course, be broken up by that Napoleon. With that in mind, I chose to do something more... royal, so to speak.

Technically, the eagle used here belongs to Germany's logo and has actually been slightly modified (by the addition of a hand-drawn golden crown) to represent Austria. I went back and forth on how to introduce Switzerland to the overall result so consider me somewhat not-sold because I only ended up adding a red banner and the Swiss cross in white. I actually showed it in the Jets' LR earlier and I believe some liked it. Writing this at two in the morning doesn't help my memory all that much, I'm afraid.

[Image: SRvoU8Q.png]
TEAM BRITISH ISLES
Ireland and the United Kingdom
Don't get me wrong, but this sort of combo would never happen in real life. You could argue that there's the possibility of parts of this insular region playing together in some sports, like how Ireland (both the Republic of Ireland and... uh... Northern Ireland) have played in some sports together under a flag divided into four pieces to represent each part of their island and how recently Great Britain played as a team for the Olympics. Oh, and of course, in hockey, the efforts of divided Scottish and English ice hockey teams have been essentially retired for a United Kingdom team.

Anyhow, the logo shape itself is actually borrowed from England's Football Association. It's divided with both the Union Jack and one of Ireland's many historical flags. The font itself is actually from the old Premier League logo as well so... well, to explain this, it's actually a tad easy. Originally, my concept of a combo logo was going to borrow more from the United Kingdom logo I made a while back. Alas, by the end of it, I felt unhappy with the result, hence why this was my final effort on it. I may try to remake what I had for a result some other time but I doubt it.

[Image: yclscVw.png]
TEAM UCORCAL
Czechia, Latvia and Russia
I... honestly don't know where this name came from. The only thing that really came to mind was how these countries were in the Eastern Bloc during the Cold War but even then, I'm not really sure of what's the story. Still, I decided to play along with it. Not really sure if any of these are known for their motors but I actually based their logo after what I imagined would be a nice front of a car. So the shield from the Latvia logo became the hood of a car and Czechia was now represented by their current real-life logo now turned into a car maker logo, painted in gold. The gear from Russia's logo still looks nice here.

[Image: r6562Kt.png]
THE WORLD
Everyone else that isn't a normal (or somewhat normal) hockey powerhouse
Not a whole lot of secrets here. The logo was based after the North America U-21 logo from the World Cup of Hockey not too long ago. It was a pretty solid look although I don't think a World team should play in anything that isn't just a pair of cold colours (just like navy and dark green). Had to work really hard to resist and not make a JoJo reference on this one as well. Bit of an accomplishment if you ask me, you kinda have to celebrate the small things at times, when you're me.

And there we go, four combo team logos done. Know anything I don't, have a suggestion that I could use? Feel free to say it in the thread, no need for shyness over here.

Quote:870 words

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

British Isles logo is siiiiiiick

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

United Countries Of Russia, Czechia, and Latvia

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Nice man!

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

YOU ARE A HERO.

Do you mind if I use your logos for the IIHF and WJC teams on the new index?

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

08-08-2020, 12:48 PMesilverm Wrote: YOU ARE A HERO.

Oh, damn. That'd be pretty rad! Yeah, feel free to, use them as much as needed.

Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

08-08-2020, 08:30 AMtrella Wrote: United Countries Of Russia, Czechia, and Latvia
...Ah, hey. That's what that meant. Thanks, didn't think of that one back when I wrote the post, hahah.

Outlungus

08-08-2020, 12:48 PMesilverm Wrote: YOU ARE A HERO.

please use both for czechia

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Great series of logos.

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

these are incredible, especially the british isles one. great work!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]