Create Account

Kids Scream For Ice Cream as Timber Promo Goes Horribly Wrong
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 05:02 PM by Kraagenskul.)

Portland, Maine (AP)  - An ice cream giveaway from a famous ice cream company went off the rails when they ran out of a particular popular novelty cake. Last night the SMJHL Maine Timber were hosting the Vancouver Whalers and teamed up with local ice cream cake maker Carvel, a legendary company of New England. Carvel donated a few hundred cakes that the Timber sold for five dollars a piece to raise money for the Salvation Navy. Since the Whalers were the visiting team, the famous Fudgie the Whale was the featured cake of the day. Unfortunately for the Timber and visiting Carvel representatives who underestimated demand, they ran out of Fudgie cakes and mayhem ensued.

At first it was just a group of disappointed kids with some crying and a few exasperated parents trying to get them to accept one of the other novelty cakes. But when one of the Carvel employees tried to give a Cookie Puss cake to try and appease a crestfallen 5 year old boy, the lad threw it back and screamed “I don’t want your stupid puss!” This opened the floodgates resulting in dozens of angry children to storm the ice cream area.  They tore apart boxes trying to find more Fudgies but the lack of them only infuriated them more and they began to throw Cookie Puss, Hug-me-bear, and even the occasional Carvelog cakes at rink employees, Carvel representatives, parents, or anyone else unlucky enough to be caught in the confectionary crossfire.

Most of the teenage ushers who work at the arena were horrified, but long time usher Walter Jenkins shrugged it off. “Eh, the 1999 Blues Clues’ riot was much worse.” Another long time usher nearby chimed in with “Don’t forget about the Barney incident!” to which Jenkins blanched and yelled “We don’t talk about that!”  He refused to answer any more questions.

Eventually the chaos died down when the kids were told more Fudgies were on their way from the local Carvel establishment. Eventually members of the Maine Coast Guard arrived to deliver the goods and soon kids were happily consuming whale shaped cakes as if it was 1850s Nantucket. The news got even better when an anonymous donor doubled the money used to purchase cakes with the message “Thanks for the most entertainment I’ve had in years!”

Lane Larue reporting for the Associated Press.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

I don't see what the big deal is it's just few kids being absolute sugar junkies not my fault

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 06:32 PM by roastpuff.)

[Image: 800px-Carvel_CookiePuss.jpg]

This is terrifying.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

FHN caliber work

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

If I don’t get a whale at next practice, imma contact HO.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

08-11-2020, 02:09 PMMoreorless89 Wrote: If I don’t get a whale at next practice, imma contact HO.
They don't have Carvel in Vancouver! We'll get you next time we play the Timber.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

08-19-2020, 09:28 AMKraagenskul Wrote:
08-11-2020, 02:09 PMMoreorless89 Wrote: If I don’t get a whale at next practice, imma contact HO.
They don't have Carvel in Vancouver! We'll get you next time we play the Timber.
I find this compromise acceptable. Fudgie shall be mine!

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]