Create Account

S56 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread

Dragonite Ahh Dragonite Ahh Dragonite

Buy all metrics the Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in SHL history. We won our 8th Challenge Cup in season 50 and have made the playoffs in 30 of the last 32 seasons! We play in the league's most exciting arena, The BIG-Parm, which has become the hardest place for opposing teams to play in the league!  

Calgary is also the first franchise to own its very own television network called Dragons.tv! so if you are drafted to Calgary be ready for the media blitz! to check out Dragons.tv, click **HERE**

As you learn more about our team, feel free to check out our rich history HERE and our Team Profile HERE  We're a hard working team and a top notch organization. We're always looking for motivated young players to enhance the Dragons experience! We have a  great atmosphere, strong leadership, we support each other and have a lot of fun. If you're a prospect for the S56 SHL Entry Draft and are interested in joining the Dragons family, please help us get to know you better!

[Image: SHL-Dragons-Banner.png]

Please link us your Player Page: Example

Code:
1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?  

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

9. What is your favorite NHL team?

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Feel free to ask us any questions you may have about the team, pm @Steelhead77 @Mike Izzy

Maybe we'll call your name on Draft Day and set the league on Fire Together!!!

[Image: source.gif]

Thanks for your Time!

Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

About a 7, I guess. Idk. Don't know much about the current team since I was away for a bit, but it's Calgary, how different can it be?

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

S P E E D Y B O I

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

An active LR and management that will help guide me towards building the player I'd like to build, successfully.

Being in the Hall of Fame was pretty cool.

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

Y'all know me, y'all know I sometimes travel for work, blah blah blah.

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

Over 30, sadly.

You know the answer to this, Izzy.

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

I'm pretty okay with it.

A bunch of jerks.

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Please link us your player page

Fair 7, that is because the center situation looks pretty good over there. I don't know that much about the current team, I do recognize quite few members in the roster of course, but other than that - not much. I do like the overall vibe of the team, seems positive and fun!

I want to build an aggressive, mean and a goal scoring center. Some kind of mix of powerforward, grinder and a sniper. Strong and deadly in front of the net. Not looking into adding too much into the actual checking attributes though, hoping that the mental stuff will get the job done and I can focus on other attributes. Open for suggestions of course if it helps the team or well open to hearing them out at least.

I guess a certain level of activity would be nice, players steadily updating. A group that is moving towards good things. Same with the locker room, fair activity levels and good times.

Point tasks are usually quite fun. In the past with previous players I have played in some great teams, competing at a high level is always enjoyable.

Yep, nothing dramatic in the schedule right now.

Over 20

I have, but they are not anything too interesting. Here is my SMJHL draft article

3 might be pushing it, open in having a chat about it obviously, but hoping to join an SHL roster sooner than later.

I don't have any, I mostly just follow the Finnish players and see how they are doing.

I'm from Finland.

My player and update page should be linked in my signature.

10. As a first gen player I know absolutely nothing about the team or anyone on it but who doesn't like dragons?

Workhorse goaltender, very open for advice

I'm looking for an active team where everyone shares the common goal of the team, as for a locker room I enjoy a nice chill environment beaming with positivity 

I really enjoy writing articles and also meeting different types of people from all across the globe is pretty cool too 

I definitely will have time, since I've joined just a short while ago my addictive personality has taken ahold of it and don't see me waning interest any time soon 

Almost 30

Yes if you've at all been following smjhl media you will have noticed me

I want to play for my junior club for my maximum term possible 

Detroit Red Wings 

I'm very chill, don't let much get under my skin, can for the most part get along with anybody

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

[Image: qOyBT1A.png]

Knights|Dragons|Austria

- As I’m new to this league, I’ll be happy to go on any team that’s interested in me.

- I’m trying to make a speedy, playmaking forward. I’ll take any build advice that’s given by my future team.

- I’m not looking for an automatic contender or the most active locker room. I’m just looking for a team that is consistent and values loyalty

- it’s hard to say. The Nevada locker room is really nice. I also like how many options there are for attributes.

- I’ve been active daily in other sim leagues for over 17 months now. That won’t change anytime soon.

- the 20-29 age group

- outside of a deep dive article, no.

- it doesn’t matter to me. I’ll just keep earning in either league.

- The Bruins!

- I’m a GM and 2X job head in the isfl, and I’m only lacking TPE in this class since I created like 2 weeks ago. I’ve hit almost every TPE available since.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

I don't know anything about any SHL team so I'll be happy with whichever team drafts me. I'll say a solid 7 but I'd probably give every other team the same number.
I want to become a starting goaltender eventually, and since I'm new to all this then any advice will definitely be welcomed and appreciated!
I enjoy a locker room that's active on Discord, positive, and full of chill people.
My favourite part by far has been getting to know everyone on the Citadelles.
Nothing in the foreseeable future that will affect the SHL! Though every once in awhile I will go camping or something and lose service for a few days.
I'm 20! Will be 21 in October.
I've done some graphics, my favourite one that I've done so far is probably the one in my sig. I'm by no means a photoshop expert but I'm getting more comfortable with the software and I think it's starting to show.
That's all good with me, I love the Citadelles and am happy to keep spending time with them.
I'm (unfortunately) a big Ottawa Senators fan.
10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!

I think dragons are awesome.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2020, 09:29 AM by Salming.)

- Not so interested because I would love to be picked by an organisation which haven't won the cup yet or haven't won it in many years. Calgary seems to have too successful history to me because I hate to go a table which is already served. I still leave the door open to be happy if Calgary picks me.

- Two-way player who can score points and kill penalties. Reliable winger like Reilly Smith.

- I enjoy locker room which is determined and passionate. I answered the first part of question in question one.

- Watching SMHJL streams and be excited if my player gets points and if team wins.

- I think my activity will remain the same. I will do weekly tasks and check the site daily.

- Between 20 and 30.

- Wrote a story about my player when I joined the site: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=108920

- That is my plan, to stay in juniors at least three more seasons to win a cup in Quebec and set some franchise records maybe there. I want to be complete ready before joining big men's tough league.

- Golden Knights, that's why I chose expansion team in SMJHL to join.

[Image: salming.png]

Knights|Dragons|Austria

I think it would be cool. Being a historic franchise and one that has been so successful over the years is great. Also Esa is bae <3

I am looking to build a shoot first defenseman. I know already that they don't really exist in the SHL so doing something new and exciting would be fun. I'll be honest and say that shoot first is not really negotiable but defense and stuff in terms of updating is something I would discuss Smile

Locker room locker room locker room activity especially. Something that I really want to play is among us with people as I haven't really had the chance especially with work. I think people who want to game together and try stuff in that general genre or watch the sim together is something I am looking for.

The new sim engine. Definitely being a bit less random is something that has been really rewarding for me. My past players were not good regular season players but they were great in the post season (mostly RNG related). So for me updating with having a better correlation with your players performance is really exciting

Not really no. I have an unhealthy attachment to my phone and discord.

Late 20's

I think Izzy has commented on some of them lol Western Conference draft article

I already wrote that in the the article above Tongue For me I am fine it especially if the timing for regressing defenseman works out.

The Devils.

To be honest I think I am a valuable asset to any team. I've been around a very long time and the SHL is something that I missed very much. For the first time I actually want to be a max earner and become a star in the SHL with the less randomness that FHM has in it

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020, 03:03 PM by funk.)

10/10
You guys have a fantastic reputation, a great internal media presence, and do a great job of making us armchair players feel like the real deal. By all accounts, you guys are a wonderfully run team with a great LR and an awesome set of leaders at the helm.

I'm making a speedy, shifty two-way defenseman. I like to skate with the puck and supply competent offense without sacrificing the defensive game. I'm always open to advice from more experienced minds to help me optimize what Grandmaster Funk can be.

I love a fun locker room. Guys who don't take everything super seriously, and just friends to chat with, game and enjoy the SHL platform together.
For an SHL team, I don't have many requirements. Just as long as there's an avenue to cement myself as a core piece eventually, I'm happy.

The people, for sure. I've met so many top lads and ladies here so far that I finally have an understanding as to why people love these forums. Almost everyone I've met has been kind, friendly and all-around great.

I always have time. I work pretty much every day, but I always manage to make time for the SHL.

I'm 24 years old Tongue

I've done loads of media in the SMJHL so far, and I'm working on finding a consistent enough recording schedule to start doing a podcast. I have loads of experience in the audio field and a recording studio set-up, so the podcast option is going to be a great weekly outlet to voice my thoughts.

No problems at all. I love my Nevada brothers and sisters and I'd love to spend some more time with them.

Don't hate me, but the Penguins.

Just look at my name. Grandmaster Funk. Say that name out loud a few time. That's a goddamn superstar in the making.

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

10. From what I've seen and heard, it seems like a classy and successful organization.

I have a setup man looking to pass first and hit the open man whenever possible. I welcome advice, there's definitely a lot of people here much more knowledgeable than myself.

I enjoy a positive environment. Success is great so that should be a focus but I would like a locker room that supports one another.

The whole experience has been exciting. There's a lot of intricacies that I've been excited to figure out and there's many more left but overall the best part has been interacting with all of the other players.

I will hopefully have a new job soon but it won't take away from my time. I've committed to at least provide a serviceable player and still very much enjoy the league.

I've written a couple of deep dives and one article.

Every team is different and as long as there's open communication then I see no issues. I'm happy to help the team as I need.

Canes all the way.

i am groot

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

Sorry for the late reply, I work in EdTech and September is pretty rough.

Honestly, I can't give a number. I've only just joined the league and have concentrated on my SMJHL career for the most part, so I just don't know much about the Dragons. Do I want to be part of a successful team? Of course I do, who wouldn't? I've also heard I might fit in with the old people...

My main plan for my player is for him to be a stay at home defenseman, the type you want on the ice when the team is up 1 goal with a minute left. However, I am also willing to be flexible and mold my player towards what the team needs as well. I've kept him pretty balanced so far.

I want an active locker room, with people who like to have fun and are good teammates.

It's a great community for the most part. Lot's of enthusatic helpful people who are also fun to hang out with.

I really cannot think of anything. You might see my posts drop a bit in late August and throughout September because I work in Edtech, but I would still be on Discord and updating my player.

Old enough that I have a kid who is 20. Young enough that there has never been a man on the moon in my lifetime.

Here is Lane Larue reporting for the Whalers:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=109126

No issues, it's part of the process, and the Whalers are a great team to be a part of.

Bruins fan, born and raised.

I am interested in being more than just a player. I don't have SHL GM aspirations, but I would love to help scout, coach, whatever.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

I am very interested; 10/10! I'm a big admirer of the success that the team has had over the years.

An offensive beast. A goal scoring, speedy forward!

A fun, active locker room and a GM who is available is all I ask for!

Getting to see my player perform in the new sim engine has been a lot of fun!

My situation is unlikely to change much any time soon so there should always be time!

Over 20 and under 30!

I haven't written anything recently but my bank account has enough money to keep me going!

That is fine for me!

The Habs!

I would be very happy to join your historic team and give everything I can to help keep you at the top!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn