Create Account

S56 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:35 PM by Keven.)

Player Page

1. 10! However, I will say that it's a 10 for most other teams as well given that I don't know too much about the majority of SHL teams and am mainly just looking forward to seeing where I end up and getting to know the team from there. After hearing from Mike Izzy on discord I like that the team seems to have a very active and friendly community where I'll probably have no issues fitting in to.

2. I'm looking to build a two-way winger to provide some depth to the team. I'm not expecting to be a top player in the league and figure that it would be nice to be well-rounded and have the ability to help out the defense a bit as well. I'm always open to hearing advice to achieve success for myself and the team.

3. I don't have too many expectations since I've only been a part of the league for a short time. I mainly just enjoy being involved in the team community and being able to celebrate and chat with the team during the ups and downs of a season.

4. I've enjoyed the unexpected fun of going through an entire season of games so quickly and getting to be part of the team locker room to go through the journey of a season as a team.

5. I'll continue to be a university student for the foreseeable future. I've had enough time for the SHL over the past 2 months while taking summer classes and I'm still finding time now during the fall semester as well so I don't think there will be any issues.

6. Low 20s. Not much more to say here.

7. I haven't done any solo media and unfortunately don't plan to, but I did participate in this interview and enjoyed doing that so I'm not closed off to the idea of doing certain types of media. Definitely don't have the skill for graphics or podcasts though.

8. The patient game is what I play best. I definitely don't have any expectations of immediate stardom and am very happy with QCC in the juniors.

9. Coincidentally I've lived in Calgary my entire life so my favourite team is the Flames! I do like to see other Canadian teams succeed as well (except Edmonton of course).

10. I'm not sure if there's really anything else to say - looks like you'll just have to draft me to find out more

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Currently on mobile so I apologize for the short answers! But had a great talk with Izzy & wanted to drop by! Can edit with update page later! 

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team? 
10/10 for sure!! I have heard a TON of great things about the Dragons & would love to be apart of the culture you guys are building! Also I hear there are a couple NYG fans in the LR & would love to team up with fellow fans! 

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success? 
I’m looking to build a player that can be deadly with shooting , but also gets his team involved & tallies up the assists! Right now I have a dangler build with some added shooting & passing, but I am completely open for advice & direction! 

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?
Love to see high activity levels & everyone being super helpful in terms of the league & various other aspects of SHL! I think successful teams ultimately stem from high energy LR’s! They help keep guys engaged & active in the league, which results in a lot of updates & a lot of winning! Which would explain the tremendous success of the dragons! 

4. What have you enjoyed most so far about the SHL?
Definitely the people! Everyone is so helpful & willing to lend a hand with anything! From builds, gfx, TPE, etc, there are so many people who are down to help others reach high levels & be successful in the league! Plus, it’s awesome to see familiar faces from other sim leagues!   

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
I am pretty active in SHL right now! I make sure to dedicate a good portion each week to update, but CONSTANTLY on discord throughout the day! 

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this). 
Early twenties! 

7. Have you done any Media, GFX or Podcasts? Feel free to link one for us!
Not yet, but I have done a good amount of GFX for PBE & have a little portfolio, just haven’t brought my abilities to SHL yet! 

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons? 
I wouldn’t mind at all! The Dragons know what it takes to be contenders each year so I am willing to be patient & wait for my time to shine & bring the best Thomas Rose to the ice as possible! 

9. What is your favorite NHL team?
Philly Philly (gets me brownie points with the girlfriends family LOL)

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

I had a great convo with Izzy & I have heard there are a handful of NYG fans in the LR! Just hearing about the culture & what the dragons are about, makes me want to leave a great impression in hopes of possibly becoming one! I am a pretty decent earner, occasionally make people laugh, & just want to have a good time! 

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10. What do you know or like about the current team?

Probably an 8 or 9. As a resident of Alberta, I'd love to be able to play for a Calgary or Edmonton team! From what I understand you guys have a pretty solid locker room environment and a winning record to boot, so that's pretty neat.

2. What kind of player are you looking to build? Are you open to advice to help you achieve personal and team success?

Currently building a two way defenseman, just want to be an all rounder that can have a positive impact all over the ice. I'm flexible in my build and willing to do what it takes to help my team succeed.

3. What are you looking for in an SHL team and what do you enjoy in a locker room?

Just looking for a fairly mature, chill environment with a good sense of humor. Wins are great but they aren't the end all be all - would love to be on a team that gels and still has fun, win or lose.

So far the community has been pretty great. The locker rooms I've joined have been really welcoming and fun environments, and I've talked to some really great scouts along the way as well that continue to keep in touch.

5. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

There's nothing that will impact my activity level over the next year that I'm aware of. SHL is my secondary league, but I still have plenty of time to do PTs and that kind of thing. Just working a regular office job so no school stuff or anything like that.

6. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

Over 25.

I've done a little bit of gfx mostly, although admit I could step up my media game. I did my own sig (below) as well as a few others that I think turned out decent, although it's tough to match the talent this league has to offer!

8. Currently the Dragons have a deep roster, anyone we pick will need to be patient. How would you feel about being a star for your SMJHL team another 2-3 seasons?

Honestly good with staying down or coming up, not really in a huge rush either way. Mostly going with the flow.

The Edmonton Oilers (sorry, not sorry?)

10. Please let us know anything else you think would help us evaluate you as a potential future Dragons Superstar!!

Feel free to reach out to me anytime on discord if you want more information, available majority of the day/evening.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

I'd say 10, because why not. To be fair every team will be a 10, as I'm just looking forward to get drafted by anyone.

I want to build a successful player, who helps the team as good as he can. I'm glad about every advice I get.

I'm looking for a team, that has a clear path before them, that makes them successful if they aren't already. A team needs a plan. I enjoy being in an active locker room, but I'm not the most talkative person.

The community is great. So many awesome people here.

I see myself having time, but it's my second league besides the ISFL. SHL comes 2nd.

I'm over 20

I've done media, and if I find time I'll use the current x2 draft media as well. Don't have the link now.

No problem at all

Hard to say, I don't follow NHL anymore.