Create Account

S55 SMJHL PT #4 - Most Valuable Player

Let's be frank here, MVP is not even remotely up for question. Whilst I do appreciate the humility others have shown, or the varied and ludicrous suggestions others have put out the only logical candidate to select for the MVP is James LeBlond. First things first his name is leaps and bounds ahead of the other candidates. Secondly he is banging in goals at a rate of knots. Eighteen goals and seventeen assists? Forget it, the mans a genius and this is skating around on a 3 game a week schedule. Imagine what this man would be capable of with the gifts of the scheduling gods that the more popular teams receive? Can you only imagine!?

James LeBlond has absolutely everything you'd expect to find in an MVP candidate. The stat balance to backup all the talk, enough PIM to show he doesn't take any nonsense and the ability to hang home shots for fun. Frankly if you're not selecting him I have to assume he's done something personal against you. He's a beauty.

[Image: zdoMJuR.png]

I may be biased, but my own vote would definitely go to my Anchorage Armada’s starting goalie Scoochie Stratton. He has carried us to victories against the tops of the league and currently leads the league in both goals against average (a marvelous 1.57) and save percentage (a superb 93.5%) and is also tied for the league lead in wins (26) and shutouts (a whopping 8). While it is true that Anchorage also boasts a formidable defense in front of him and he doesn’t perhaps face the amount of shots that most other starters do, his performance has been key in giving the team the confidence to go and make things happen in the other end of the ice as well without having to worry too much about the repercussions of an odd-man rush coming back at him every now and then. He has been ever sharp and ready!

Word count: 154

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Seems to be the general consensus is a Berserker will win the MVP this season and it's hard to argue with that assessment. If Mats Marner doesn't win I would be shocked, even with Ryuuji Minamino barely trailing him in points. Marner is the league leader in points and goals with five games to go along with 71 hits. Minamino is setting up Marner for all his goals as he leads the league with 34 helpers and has a better +/- but on a squad like Newfoundland that stat doesn't really mean much. Minamino also has 20 takeaways to Marner's 15, but with hits being in favour of Marner it can be argued that both generate the turnovers necessary to produce offense in their own ways.

Linus Grimstad's name gets thrown around as does Chris de Siren's but Marner has kept his scoring pace up much better then those two and they just don't have anything else that really sways the voting in their favour.

So, in conclusion, Mats Marner is this the MVP. Thanks for tuning in.

Word Count: 177

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: boriscontestsubmission.jpg][Image: bashbros.jpg]

Fight Record: 39 Fights, 28 Wins, 2 Losses, 9 Ties/Breakups

Hits Tracker

SMJHL S55: 326 Hits (Record)
SMJHL S56: 164 Hits
SMJHL S57: 30 Hits

Total Hits: 520

Personally, I truly believe that there is a very clear front runner for the highly covetted Ideen Fallah Trophy also known as the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League Most Valuable Player as decided by the Awards Committee. The front runner that I think has the highest chance of winning this trophy plays for the Newfoundland Berserkers in the Eastern Conference. This player is known as Mats Marner, now there is not one but two players from the Newfoundland Berserkers that lead the league in scoring. Ryuuji Minamino is 2nd in scoring and is just 3 points behind his teammate. However, the main few reasons I truly believe why Mats Marners is more likely to win the Most Valuable Player Trophy is because he has 9 more goals at the time of writing this than his teammate, 3 more points, more special points, much more hits as he sits at 74 hits and last but not least he plays a minute and a half less than his teammate in 2nd place on average. The no brainer choice is Mats Marner.

[Image: 3.png]

The most valuable player in the league is often debated between the individual who has the most positive impact on his or her team, on the other hand the argument for who deserves the award for most valuable player most people think it should go to the best player in the league for that season.

As for me I believe the most valuable player for this season should belong to Newfoundland Berserkers center Mats Marner. Mats Marner leads his team in goals (29) and points (57). Marner also leads his team in all power play stats totaling; 12 goals and 14 assists which totals for 45 percent of his points for the season. Marner is also shooting at a whopping 19 percent this seasonand is third on his team in hits with 71 so far this season.

While the race for the simulation major junior hockey leagues MVP is usually tight I personally think that this season there is a very clear winner.

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

In terms of the league MVP candidates, I think one has to right away start with Mats Marner. Not only are the Beserkers doing very well this season, but Marner leads the entire league in points with 58, and also leads the entire league with goals with a healthy 27 goals scored from his stick so far this season. Another possible option might be James LeBlond of the Anaheim Outlaws. LeBlond leads all defenseman in the SMJHL in points with 38 earned on the season so far. A candidate who might not have much of a chance since his team is struggling but is also worthy of praise is Boris Petrov from Quebec City, who leads the league in hits with a smashing 304 credited to him, which is 80 more than the player closest to him. Petrov has been nothing short of a physical and intimidating force on the ice this season and I think that deserves some mention and merit, even though his team is struggling this season, which is expected of an expansion team.

Word Count: 177

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

My top picks for MVP are Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino of the Newfoundland Berserkers. Marner is currently the leading scorer with 29 goals and leading points scorer with 57 while
Minamino is leading in assists with 34 and also 2nd in points with 54. these 2 are by far the best players for their team and the reason why they are so dominet this year.
it is hard to decide which one is MVP between these two players but with the last few games to be played it will be a close race.

my next pick goes to goalie Scoochie Stratton of the Anchorage Armada. he is leading in goals against average (1.57), Save percentage (.935), wins (26) and shutouts (8).
i belive he is by far the best goalie this year with those stats behind him and also the reason why Anchorage Armada is doing so well at a standing of third in the table.

ISFL PT

The favorite in the race for the league's Most Valuable has to be Mats Marner of Newfoundland, who leads the league in both goals scored, with 30 and with total points scored with 58 points scored. Marner has been absolutely lethal with the man advantage, scoring 26 of his 58 points on the power play. 

The league's second-leading scorer, Ryuuji Minamino should garner some MVP votes, but ultimately, there's just not enough to separate him from his linemate, Marner for award consideration.

A darkhorse candidate might be Linus Grimstad of Carolina. Though he ranks third in points with 53 points, he is tied for the league lead with a +35 +/- rating. He has also scored his 53 points with less help from his teammates. Carolina's second-highest scorer only has 42 points. He has certainly been extremely valuable to Carolina's success this season.

[Image: EmopN1x.png]

PBE PT 20-1

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Mats Marner will assuredly get some looks in awards season. Leading the league in points at the 47 game mark and posting a positive CF% Rel on a very competitive Newfoundland team, by raw totals alone he will be on many ballots. But the picture gets even better for Marner when you look at his 70+ hits and high faceoff percentage at center.

Anchorage has some fantastic forwards and defense, but their goaltender Scoochie Stratton is most likely to get an MVP nod. At an absurd 0.930 save percentage and 1.70 GAA, Stratton is blowing away the goaltending competition on almost every front. The only question for Stratton will be, how much of their success can be accredited to the Armada's impressive defense.

Sven Svenson is my sleeper pick for SMJHL MVP. Colorado had an impressive late season run and put together a very competitive season. This is much in part to Svenson's team leading 27 goals, good for second in the league. Adding on 17 power play points and stellar possession numbers, if you think the MVP should be most valuable to their team Svenson should be on your ballot.

Most valuable player seems like a pretty easy one to figure out. With 3 guys well over a point per game, those being Mats Marner, Ryuuji Minamino, and Linus Grimstad, one of those 3 seems poised to take the title.

Marner has the most goals of the trio, and leads the league in goals. With 30 goals, 28 assists, 58 total points, and a fantastic +16, he has a major case and is seemingly the favorite to take the award. Marner has also been a fiend on the power play, with 12 goals and 14 assists, which I think is a major positive takeaway because you should score on the opportunities you can't miss, such as powerplays. He is an all around beast and should definitely be the favorite and in my opinion he should be the MVP.

As for Minamino and Grimstad, both are ahead of the pack in assists, with Minamino leading and Grimstad 3rd, with Chris de Siren holding 2nd. Both are worthy candidates of the MVP award, but I can't see them beating out Marner if this holds for the final few games.

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]

With the most goals and most points in the league so far, Mats Marner is clearly one of the stronger candidates for the league MVP this season. The center from Newfoundland already scored 30 goals and a massive total of 58 points in 47 games so far and is one of the two big guys comming from the atlantic team. Another player who has a strong season is his teammate Ryuuji Minamino who is not that far behind in points with 56 but has a higher plus minus than Marner and way less penalty minutes with only 10 this season. Both players were the main reason why the power attack of the Berserk was strong this year, with both getting 26 and 24 points in power play. But when you think MVP, you're thinking one player, not two, and that's why I believe that Linus Grimstad from the Carolina Kraken should get the award this year, being the main star of his team with 53 points so far this season, 16 points in power play and an amazing plus minus of +35

[Image: uktCsuX.png]