Create Account

Media Rules Update – Podcasts Pay
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 05:06 PM by Zoone16.)

Media Rules Update – Podcasts

Good day to all! I come from far away to bring joy to those who use their voice in the hopes of entertaining the masses for a while each week. A long subject of much discussion, the payout for the podcasts. After receiving some suggestions from users on the site, the SHL media team came up with an updated payout scheme for multi-user podcasts. Having been reviewed by both SHL & SMJHL media teams as well as SHL HO, everyone was happy with the updated scale. So, without further ado, here is the updated Podcast rules:
[*]Podcasts must be SHL related in some way, shape or form. I’d like to remind you all that we do in fact, listen to all podcasts.
[*]Maximum payout limit: 1 hour (exception is made for special events/podcasts, e.g.: draft stream)
[*]1 Podcast per week.
[*]Podcasts must be playable online. Any podcast that fails to do this will NOT be graded.
[*]There will be a hard cap of 4 persons per podcast.

The new pay scale will be as such:
1 person - 3m/hr
2 person - 4m/hr (split into 2 = 2m each)
3 person - 5m/hr (split into 3 = 1.67m each)
4 person - 6m/hr (split into 4 = 1.5m each)

Which translates to:
1 person - 750,000/15min->3.0mil/hour
2 person - 1,000,000/15min->4.0mil/hour / split between 2 persons
3 person - 1,250,000/15min->5.0mil/hour / split between 3 persons
4 person - 1,500,000/15min->6.0mil/hour / split between 4 persons

Comments on the new pay scale:
As you see, multi-user global payout in significantly increased. A 4-person podcast that lasts 1 hour used to be paid 750k per person. It will now give a payout of 1.5M per person. However, a single person podcast will still be the best ‘bang for your buck’ in terms of payout per person. Ultimately a person on their own is speaking alone for an hour, which is significantly more effort than 15 mins per person and as such should remain the best option.

What are your thoughts? Do let us know in the comments below!

I'd like to thank the SHL Media Team, the SMJHL Media Team and HO for the quick feedback on this.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[*]1 Podcast per week.

Im assuming this means you can only be paid for one podcast even if you are in multiple ones that week.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 04:32 PM by Zoone16.)

08-14-2020, 04:31 PMNokazoa Wrote: [*]1 Podcast per week.

Im assuming this means you can only be paid for one podcast even if you are in multiple ones that week.

Yes. It also means that you cannot have episode 1,2,3 of the same podcast the same week.

08-14-2020, 04:32 PMZoone16 Wrote:
08-14-2020, 04:31 PMNokazoa Wrote: [*]1 Podcast per week.

[*]
Yes. It also means that you cannot have episode 1,2,3 of the same podcast the same week.

I can if I dont care about dat cash

Checks bank account

sadly I have to care about dat cash

CURRENT PLAYER

FORMER PLAYER

This seems like a good change!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Thanks Zoone Smile

Glad this was able to happen

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Quick Q.  Will this apply to already posted but not graded podcasts?  asking for my bank account.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

08-14-2020, 04:40 PMPatty Wrote: Quick Q.  Will this apply to already posted but not graded podcasts?  asking for my bank account.

i too am asking for his bank account

CURRENT PLAYER

FORMER PLAYER

08-14-2020, 04:40 PMPatty Wrote: Quick Q.  Will this apply to already posted but not graded podcasts?  asking for my bank account.

It will apply from the grading period starting tomorrow. So anything that's up should be good.

Awesome change.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Slappy and Bonk stops podding and y'all raise the payout SMH

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Ilike

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

08-14-2020, 05:05 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Slappy and Bonk stops podding and y'all raise the payout SMH

Better late than never. I railed against the old system for years to no avail. All it took was us leaving I guess.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

[Image: a550f8855018f255b0e67b7d4240d634.gif]

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

08-26-2020, 11:43 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
08-14-2020, 05:05 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Slappy and Bonk stops podding and y'all raise the payout SMH

Better late than never. I railed against the old system for years to no avail. All it took was us leaving I guess.

SAD :(

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]