Create Account

Open letter:Expansion GM announcement

I usually like to be more diplomatic but, in this thread, people have... *checks notes*

Suggested a “serious lack of effort from HO” on the most organized, efficient, and fair roll out of an expansion announcement and ruleset in league history

AND

Compared HO to Vladimir Putin

So I’m just gonna not.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

08-14-2020, 09:59 PMteztify Wrote: I usually like to be more diplomatic but, in this thread, people have... *checks notes*

Suggested a “serious lack of effort from HO” on the most organized, efficient, and fair roll out of an expansion announcement and ruleset in league history

AND

So I’m just gonna not.
It's obviously more of a Stalin situation, duh. Rolleyes

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

08-14-2020, 09:59 PMteztify Wrote: I usually like to be more diplomatic but, in this thread, people have... *checks notes*

AND

So I’m just gonna not.

That's a compliment tho no?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-14-2020, 09:29 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-14-2020, 08:46 PMgrok Wrote: You don't even have anyone to complain about in Detroit anymore. Tig's gone, I'm gone, Finn's gone, and both teams are irrelevant

I don't have a problem with you Finn or Tig. Fuck Detroit and their not even original franchise

You don't even know me and you hate me. That's cool. Quite an original position you are taking.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Bunch of whining and complaining in this thread.

HO gave all you applicants a response when they announced who got it.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 12:36 AM by Leoben.)

Tomasnz is right on the money. Whether the decision took 7 days or 7 minutes, it's an ugly perception and leaves the impression that other candidates weren't considered.

It sounds like HO is open to change which is cool.

Everyone who has interest in these positions needs to listen to this

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=109113

I listened last weekend and came away with two things.

1. 1 of the spots was clearly tig's to lose (no disrespect to the guy, don't even know him but I can already tell he's going to do a damn fine job as a GM).

2. What grok said is spot on. Put your name out there and make sure the right people know you. You may be the best person for the job but that doesn't mean anything. It's not nepotism, it's networking.

The old guard coming in here and trying to dismiss any concern because "it's always been this way" is also ridiculous. Sound like a bunch of old Congressmen who stick around too long.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

08-14-2020, 11:49 PMLeoben Wrote: The old guard coming in here and trying to dismiss any concern because "it's always been this way" is also ridiculous.  Sound like a bunch of old Congressmen who stick around too long.

Hey! You can't change the SHL, you should know that by now! NO CHANGES! NO COMPAINTS! ONLY SIM ENGINE EXPLOITS & MAKING FUN OF ANYONE WHO STILL CARES!

08-15-2020, 12:29 AMspooked Wrote: Hey! You can't change the SHL, you should know that by now! NO CHANGES! NO COMPAINTS! ONLY SIM ENGINE EXPLOITS & MAKING FUN OF ANYONE WHO STILL CARES!

For the last time it WASN'T an exploit! It was just a problem with the sim that some people used to their advantage. Right? Hmm

Whalers

I'm not sure the older members are trying to say things shouldn't change by saying it's always been done this way, I think they are just saying this was the expected process. Interviews often don't happen unless HO is having trouble deciding on a few candidates, in this case the applications were exhaustively long, to a point that I'm not sure what they could have even asked the applicants that wasn't already covered. I do like the idea of notifying everyone before posting, it seems like the right thing to do and hopefully this can be done going forward. I do believe that interviews should probably stay on an as needed basis.

All that being said HO had talked about reaching out to all applicants after the announcement, and have been doing so today, in future it probably makes sense to tell them before the announcement though.

One more note, there were some incredible applications this time around, most from very worthy candidates, unfortunately only two could be picked, I'd encourage everyone who applied this time to apply next time it happens.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Id I had applied and spent hours and hours on making a pitch I would have atleast liked to get a response saying my application has been received and was under review or something. And I probably would have liked to recieve another one letting me know I didn't get the job before it was posted on the site. While I appreciate that this was obviously a very time consuming job for HO I think writing a sentence or two to the applicants before announcing the winners would have been prudent. I think that's just common courtesy, maybe it's not.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

08-14-2020, 09:19 PMtrella Wrote: penis
Penis

08-14-2020, 11:49 PMLeoben Wrote: Everyone who has interest in these positions needs to listen to this

1.  1 of the spots was clearly tig's to lose (no disrespect to the guy, don't even know him but I can already tell he's going to do a damn fine job as a GM).

2.  What grok said is spot on.  Put your name out there and make sure the right people know you.  You may be the best person for the job but that doesn't mean anything.  It's not nepotism, it's networking.

Damn I didn't realize people were actually listening to my dumb ass. Thanks for the listen

08-15-2020, 01:07 AMgrok Wrote: Damn I didn't realize people were actually listening to my dumb ass. Thanks for the listen

Yea man, it was a good discussion.

Whalers

08-15-2020, 01:07 AMgrok Wrote:
08-14-2020, 11:49 PMLeoben Wrote: Everyone who has interest in these positions needs to listen to this

1.  1 of the spots was clearly tig's to lose (no disrespect to the guy, don't even know him but I can already tell he's going to do a damn fine job as a GM).

2.  What grok said is spot on.  Put your name out there and make sure the right people know you.  You may be the best person for the job but that doesn't mean anything.  It's not nepotism, it's networking.

Damn I didn't realize people were actually listening to my dumb ass. Thanks for the listen

I'm on the pod with you and don't even listen to you

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

08-14-2020, 08:00 PMjeffie43 Wrote:
08-14-2020, 07:46 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote: Just putting it out there I spent 8+ hours on a 30 minute video outlining my expansion bid and never received a single message from anyone in head office. Feels like a massive waste of my time to never even get acknowledged.
You know how huge this is when he spent longer working on the video than he did trading players he just put on the block
Just bringing you up to speed because I don't know if this info made it to you. To my knowledge the SFP trades were done because the team had a Salary Cap illegal team (over budget) and they were working to create a Cap legal roster when the role got thrown on them with something like 24 hours to do so...I was also guilty on being slightly critical of the movement of players.