Create Account

Open letter:Expansion GM announcement

My message? Dickbutt

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

08-14-2020, 08:54 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: People definitely deserve the courstesy to hear back after their applications, even if it is just a short message. If that hasn't happened then HO has definitely dropped the ball and it seems like they have started adressing and rectifying that already, so that's good at least.

At the same time though, I think people need to get rid of the notion that the league or HO "owes" them something just because they put a lot of time and effort into writing a long application. Let's be very clear here, you didn't apply for this Expansion GM job as "a service to the league", you applied for it because it is something that you wanted. Because you wanted to be able to get your very own team and shape its identity, an opportunity that very few people ever get in this league. We don't owe you anything for wanting what is basically the coolest job available.

Also, being able to write a good/long application and being a good GM are two different things, that don't necessarily go hand in hand. I actually kinda fear that we are getting to a point where everyone whose style it isn't to write a 20-page application will never have a chance at one of these jobs again, even if he is insanely qualified in every other aspect. That's not meant to take away from all the effort that you guys have put into your applications, I'm sure some of them are extremely strong and I would love to see them. Just wanted to say that applications aren't everything, and that there are a bunch of other factors that (should) go into this as well.

I remember when i wrote a great HO application that got me hired, then i just cruised through the entire term because nothing was going on, lmao. So yeah a good app doesnt mean you'll do good.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 09:21 PM by The__Y-man__100.)

I said it in my teams LR and I’ll say it here. I’d rather receive no message about my application then a “you’re app was great! But unfortunately someone else’s was better” type of message. It’s like a participation medal, which to me is pretty worthless.

At the end of the day someone out did me and you know what, that’s okay. It happens and it is what it is. When the next applications open up in god knows how long, you’re god damn right I’ll put in that same effort again because at the end of the day it’s a long term goal of mine to eventually GM an SHL team.

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 09:20 PM by Arayvenn.)

08-14-2020, 08:57 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
08-14-2020, 08:54 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Also, being able to write a good/long application and being a good GM are two different things, that don't necessarily go hand in hand. I actually kinda fear that we are getting to a point where everyone whose style it isn't to write a 20-page application will never have a chance at one of these jobs again, even if he is insanely qualified in every other aspect. That's not meant to take away from all the effort that you guys have put into your applications, I'm sure some of them are extremely strong and I would love to see them. Just wanted to say that applications aren't everything, and that there are a bunch of other factors that (should) go into this as well.

Do you think something like an interview might help this situation or nah
Occupational research shows that job interviews have pretty much no validity so probably not. It's turtles all the way down.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

penis

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

08-14-2020, 09:16 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I had written a fairly lengthy response in anger, and then at the behest of some folks in my locker room, I got up and walked around to cool down a bit. I'm rewriting my thoughts now in a much less hostile format, and I truly, truly apologize if at any time my tone slips in this message.

We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them.

We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it.

This isn’t the ending we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted. Thank you for being there the entire way.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

08-14-2020, 09:19 PMArayvenn Wrote:
08-14-2020, 08:57 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Do you think something like an interview might help this situation or nah
Occupational research shows that job interviews have pretty much no validity so probably not. It's turtles all the way down.

what

08-14-2020, 09:20 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
08-14-2020, 09:19 PMArayvenn Wrote: Occupational research shows that job interviews have pretty much no validity so probably not. It's turtles all the way down.

what
That's right.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

My opinion on the new GMs will be solely decided on whether or not they draft me.

Get funked I'm out.

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

sorry did someone say turtles

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

08-14-2020, 08:46 PMgrok Wrote:
08-14-2020, 08:44 PMSlashACM Wrote: Fuck detroit

You don't even have anyone to complain about in Detroit anymore. Tig's gone, I'm gone, Finn's gone, and both teams are irrelevant

I don't have a problem with you Finn or Tig. Fuck Detroit and their not even original franchise

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I say when the expansion team comes to get our players, we just don't let them. Thatll show em

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

08-14-2020, 09:21 PMArayvenn Wrote:
08-14-2020, 09:20 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: what
That's right.

[Image: image0.jpg]

When this happened the first time years ago, I was sad that I didn’t hear from anyone. Then again my application was nowhere near as good as any of these. I think a lot of this is perfect storm unfortunately. Short HO message, short turn around from application deadline, I think that’s been acknowledged already though.

At this point I most just agree with @funk

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 09:48 PM by funk.)

08-14-2020, 09:40 PMAndy Wrote: When this happened the first time years ago, I was sad that I didn’t hear from anyone. Then again my application was nowhere near as good as any of these. I think a lot of this is perfect storm unfortunately. Short HO message, short turn around from application deadline, I think that’s been acknowledged already though.

At this point I most just agree with @funk
Can't go wrong with any Nevada defenseman Wink

for real tho hit me up GMs

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE