Create Account

(Graded) Deep Dive #1 - St. Louis S55 Draft Class
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2020, 12:23 PM by StamkosFan.)

This will be the first thing I’ve done in this league outside of PTs so please be understanding if I make a mistake.

With that being said, I’m going to be looking at how St. Louis’ draft class is faring at this point in the season. I’ll start with their first pick, which went from 8oa to 2oa from a trade with Vancouver. St.Louis gave up 8oa, 30 oa, and Carolina’s 5th rounder at 58oa. This is a lot to give up, but if the guy you get is high value it it’s a move every GM would make. With that pick, St. Louis picked up JKortesi’s player Xavier Doom, a Center. Doom is already at 229 TPE as of his last official update. In terms of TPE he’s actually lacking compared to the top earners of the class, but this is the type of pick you make for the user as much as the player. Also, as a rookie, Doom has a 0+/- this far into the season. Nothing to scoff at. 

At 22 overall, the Scarecrows selected Zbynek Dobrokvsky. Zbynek is a right winger, who’s user is becoming an ISFL giant. As for worth, this pick is fair value as Steg has 232 TPE and is likely a plus value in the locker room, if his ISFL persona is anything to go by. 

St. Louis did not have a 3rd rounder, due to the trade up for 2oa I mentioned earlier.

At 42oa in the 4th round, the Scarecrows went with Defender Jimmy Dekkens. Dekkens is not a first gen player, which makes him a solid pickup here, and at 229 TPE he’s definitely been a good value pick for St. Louis here. 

In the 5th round, at 59 overall, the Scarecrows decided to go with Matty David. At 199 TPE, Matty is not a star earner but he’s consistent and that’s basically all you can ask for at this point in the draft. This is another good pick for St. Louis, who outside of maybe wishing Kortesi had 10-15 more TPE don’t really have much to complain about so far.

Round 6 will be the last round I look at. The Scarecrows had 3 picks, including the coveted 69 overall, but passed on the last one. St. Louis ended up taking Bud Weiser & and the aptly named Jingle McMonkeynuts went 69th. Now, I’m not sure if he retired or not but I can’t find him anywhere. Weiser was a good pick this late, and is still around even if he’s not a huge earner. Jingle was likely just a meme pick. No harm there. 

If you analyze the draft St. Louis had as a whole, I’d say they probably should feel happy with who they got. I can’t speak on locker room impact for most of them, but for TPE they either are around or above where they got picked. And all of this was without the 3rd they gave up to get Xavier Doom in the first. 

The Scarecrows are only 4th in their conference, but I think if their picks progress like they’ve been they’ll only look to improve that position going forward. 

APPROVED +5 TPE @Huskies311