Create Account

[SHN] Hoescast Questions

hey jeffie!

1. whats the best dipping sauce at mcdonalds?

2. how far off do you think toronto is from legitimate competing?

hey gabe!

1. if you could sleep with one non-fictional 2d woman who'd it be?

2. who would you say is hamilton's best prospect? what does the line up look like in 5 seasons?

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

gabe (and jeffie),

if you answer this question, will it count as me talking to you and your son?

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Do prospects matter if they wouldn't help their team be a good team?

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Serious questions:

Gabe: what's been the most rewarding part of Co-GMing Hamilton?

Both: What's the biggest improvement you think the site can make? What's the most enjoyable part of the site for you?

Both: Most obscure, but cool expansion location you can think of? And why is it Wood Buffalo?

Both: How would you choose to balance the league better? (Loose concept doesn't need to be super fleshed out)

Both: What's it like knowing a GM that's never made a bad trade?

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

One bold expansion draft prediction each

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Which one of the two Expansion Gms you think will do better?

Any teams surprised you this season (either positively or negatively)?

Even though it's a little early and anything could happen because of expansion and the offseason, who do you guys think will make the playoffs for both conference? Can the expansions have a shot at playoffs realistically?

Who are the top prospects for this next draft?

What are you guys' predictions for these playoffs?

For Gabe: -is it a coincidence that Canada started doing well as soon as you stepped down? (Answer here is no)
-how did you find the game breaking exploit in STHS?

For Jeff: What's the biggest challenge of being Germany co fed head?

I think thats all, have a good podcast

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020, 03:47 AM by Dextaria.)

Expansion Idea: With the SHL expansion happening, I'd like your thoughts on having a Montreal SHL team. It may not happen this expansion, but would it be an optimal location for a new team? What would you imagine the team name to be, the branding, and maybe who would potentially be the GM? Could it be a majority French speaking locker room?

Expansion Idea: Similarly, I still think Vancouver would make a great SHL team. If they were to have a team in the SHL, how would it work? Would the SMJHL team move up, and if so what could be the team that replaces it in the SMJHL team-wise? Would there be an SHL and SMJHL team? I don't know, I've been thinking about this a bit and would like to hear thoughts on it.

Expansion Idea: Last question around the topic of SHL expansions. So Jeffie, when is the Singapore team starting up? Who's the GM, co-GM, coach etc.? Do we have the team name, branding, etc?

Regression: Regarding the new rule changes, how do you think the new regression numbers will affect player careers and users on the site? Will we still be able to see careers as long as the likes of Kurczewski's, or are careers like that no longer possible? Also, do you think upping regression will increase user activity on the site? Will it keep more people engaged since they don't spend as long in regression, or will there be less engagement since some people may want a break following a player's career?

Contract Lengths: With new, shorter contract lengths, as well as a new tier added, how do you think this will affect the league? Does this give more of a chance to teams lower on the standings? Will competitive teams have to better manage their prospects and picks? Is this better for the league and when do you think it we will start to see the real effects of this rule change?

Prospect Rankings: Prospect-wise if you haven't taken a good look at them yet, who do you think would have the best prospect pools? Who has the worst prospect pools? Who has a prospect pool that is surprisingly good? Which team has the best prospect pool with respect to their current team (as in which ones look ready to call-up prospects while their older players retire to prolong their success without going into a full on rebuild)?

SHL Team Logos: Always an interesting thing to do, go over the SHL team logos and comment on them. Feel free to rank them on which ones you think are the best, which ones could be better, and what changes you would personally make. (Can also do the SMJHL if you want).

SMJHL Playoffs: Who do you think are looking good for this playoffs, and who do you think will win it? If you guys aren't following the SMJHL too closely, take a look at the teams and give 1 hot take on the SMJHL playoffs whether it be someone with the most points, a huge upset, or an unexpected cup win.

Hypothetical: As Hamilton and Toronto, if you can snag 1 player and 1 prospect for free from all the other teams, who would they be and where would they slot in the lineup?

Wonderdome: Let's get some positivity in here haha. What would you say is the best part about the SHL and who is 1 member that is making a real impact on the SHL experience whether personally, or for the entirety of the site.

Well I think that's all I got for now! You guys don't have to answer all of them and feel free to save some of these in the back pocket if you need to fill some time in other episodes. Obviously some are regarding more current topics so those probably can't be saved for another time lol.

Quote:651 Words - Ready for Grading

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!