Create Account

Attention All Winnipeg Jets Alumni!

08-18-2020, 04:02 PMMuerto Wrote:
08-18-2020, 04:01 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Winnipeg Werewolves incoming?

Atlanta Thrashers

atlanta thrashers :thumbsup:

You guys have a chance to actually have an accurate jets logo unlike the NHL team. The Canadian air force don't have one tailed fighters so it's inaccurate. Always made me laugh

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2020, 04:26 PM by BDonini.)

Brandon Donini
S11 - S15

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

08-18-2020, 04:26 PMBDonini Wrote: Brandon Donini
S11 - S15

roger roger

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

jets rebrand incoming?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

08-18-2020, 04:22 PMhonkerrs Wrote: You guys have a chance to actually have an accurate jets logo unlike the NHL team. The Canadian air force don't have one tailed fighters so it's inaccurate. Always made me laugh

Don't you have some boats to keep from sinking?  I have no idea where you keep thinking you're seeing a single vertical stabilizer at.

08-18-2020, 04:47 PMGeekusoid Wrote:
08-18-2020, 04:22 PMhonkerrs Wrote: You guys have a chance to actually have an accurate jets logo unlike the NHL team. The Canadian air force don't have one tailed fighters so it's inaccurate. Always made me laugh

Don't you have some boats to keep from sinking?  I have no idea where you keep thinking you're seeing a single vertical stabilizer at.
I guess eye sight isnt required to be a shl gm these days. Just salt. Yiiikes

Claudio Krejci
Season 4-6 I think not even sure, but around then

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

08-18-2020, 05:05 PMhonkerrs Wrote:
08-18-2020, 04:47 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Don't you have some boats to keep from sinking?  I have no idea where you keep thinking you're seeing a single vertical stabilizer at.
I guess eye sight isnt required to be a shl gm these days. Just salt. Yiiikes

There is literally NO logo being used by the NHL Winnipeg Jets, or the concept logo for the SHL winnipeg Jets that depicts a single stabilizer aircraft.   Both encompass a CF-188 Hornet, so yeah salt.  I have no idea where you are getting this dumb idea from.

FINALLY

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

08-18-2020, 05:09 PMGeekusoid Wrote:
08-18-2020, 05:05 PMhonkerrs Wrote: I guess eye sight isnt required to be a shl gm these days. Just salt. Yiiikes

There is literally NO logo being used by the NHL Winnipeg Jets, or the concept logo for the SHL winnipeg Jets that depicts a single stabilizer aircraft.   Both encompass a CF-188 Hornet, so yeah salt.  I have no idea where you are getting this dumb idea from.
I mean I wasn't being a dick, just making convo. I personally think the jets logo is cool but inaccurate. Buuuut since you are salty I'd suggest a simple Google search of a f18 hornet top down view and the Winnipeg jets logo and you'll quickly realize they're totally different so I'm not sure what to say. Same aircraft yall use too. I'd do it for you but I thought you were capable enough.

08-18-2020, 05:07 PMBruins10 Wrote: Claudio Krejci
Season 4-6 I think not even sure, but around then

In!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

08-18-2020, 05:20 PMhonkerrs Wrote:
08-18-2020, 05:09 PMGeekusoid Wrote: There is literally NO logo being used by the NHL Winnipeg Jets, or the concept logo for the SHL winnipeg Jets that depicts a single stabilizer aircraft.   Both encompass a CF-188 Hornet, so yeah salt.  I have no idea where you are getting this dumb idea from.
I mean I wasn't being a dick, just making convo. I personally think the jets logo is cool but inaccurate. Buuuut since you are salty I'd suggest a simple Google search of a f18 hornet top down view and the Winnipeg jets logo and you'll quickly realize they're totally different so I'm not sure what to say. Same aircraft yall use too. I'd do it for you but I thought you were capable enough.

Yeah, actually you are being a dick about it whether you realize it or not..  The messages on discord about it.  The twitter messages about it.  The posts here about it.  That's not converation.  That's borderline harrassment, so please go bug someone else.

But here, something to google.  Part of a press release statement when the NHL Jets' logo was debuted.

Quote:"The new logo is based on that of the Royal Canadian Air Force. It features a silhouetted CF-18 Hornet atop a stylized red maple leaf, surrounded by a navy blue and grey circle known in military terms as a roundel."
--Steve Rennie, Ottowa Press, 19 November 2011

One of the simple rules, written or otherwise of a "good logo" is:  "Is it recognizable if all color was removed from it?".   Nike, works without color.  FedEx works without color.  The Jets' logo works without color.  In the design process its two tone on that jet...so if you remove all shading you most likely would not see the fins anyway.  To make it streamline and fit the underlying maple leaf you streamline the rear of the CF-18 to match the point.  To also make it fit the streamline you remove the vertical stabilizers.  It doesn't have to be a 100% carbon copy vector of an overhead view to be a good logo, or even usable for that matter.  It is a JET.  Easily recognizable to anyone with a kindergarten or higher understanding of the world.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2020, 05:47 PM by Blastmeaway.)

[Image: nathan-mackinnon-nathan-mackinnon-avalan...799286.gif]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

08-18-2020, 05:47 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: [Image: nathan-mackinnon-nathan-mackinnon-avalan...799286.gif]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]