Create Account

New England Wolfpack Punishment

08-20-2020, 04:39 AMto12143 Wrote:
08-20-2020, 04:14 AMZema Wrote: They're taking responsibility for fucking up, but aren't taking responsibility for getting things done correctly. They put a system in place with a pick tracker, but it's on the GMs to make sure it works? That's the responsibility I'm talking about. They are taking the easy way out. And you just know that whenever something new will have to get implemented they are gonna put the responsibility on the GMs to make sure it works instead of putting the time and effort to get the job done properly.

This is especially fucked after it was terribly implemented and updated the first time around. You'd figure they would put some competent people in charge to make sure things are done correctly this time around.

Ace has accepted his punishment and won't appeal it, so he understands the letter of the law like he says. I'm saying it's bs because HO routinely fucked up to allow this to happen.

GMs have 1 team to worry about, HO has the whole league to worry about. GMs should be tracking their picks as it is, to let something like this fall through the cracks is ridiculous. The system in place doesn't work if all parts don't work corectly, and GMs are part of that process, especially in keeping track of their picks and trades. HO should (and will) face punishment for this, but Ace should have never put himself and the team in that situation in the first place. There's clearly an issue when you constantly make that mistake and there's a precedent in place for removal after multiple offenses. It's not BS to follow that precedent, and it's not BS to expect GMs to keep track of their team. In every sim league it seems like people are so quick to blame HO, and not their GM for making mistakes, because everyone else is innocent and HO is some corrupt force that is there to keep everyone down, but the fact of the matter is all parts of this failed, and each part has to take responsibility for their failures. All this talk of BS this BS that, especially from the Wolfpack players who think their GM should be exempt from the punishment, does nothing but hurt the reputation of the team and only shows that they can't accept the punishment, while Ace himself has accepted it.

I'm not saying he was without fault. He made a mistake, that he accepted. My beef is that HO didn't take proper responsibility for making sure things were done correctly beforehand. Especially after an already poor implementation.

I've already said what I want to say. So let me just say this once again.

Ace made a mistake, he got punished for it. Fair. HO fucked up on their end with a poorly executed system that they failed to properly implement. Ace is no longer GM of New England because of these two things. HO should look over their operation because they can't implement things correctly, and should claim some damn responsibility for making sure things are correctly done.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

08-20-2020, 04:59 AMZema Wrote:
08-20-2020, 04:36 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: So what do you expect to be done if HO wants to take the responsibility for getting things done correctly? Because to me it sounds like the only thing you would accept that way is to clear Ace of the punishment, which is absolutely not going to happen and I can guarantee you a lot more people than just NEW players would have had an issue with that. The rule stated previously that GMs track their picks. HO wanted to help them, so they relied on this rule, and asked GMs to give them their supposedly previously correct track pickers so they can follow them up and take a part of the burden. Ace failed to provide them with a correct pick tracker. He double trades a pick. Whatever HO should've/could've done is completely pointless at this point. HO relied on clear, defined rules and Ace failed to follow. The end. Nothing changes this.

Nothing changes the fact that it happens and it can't be reversed. My problem is that after a poorly done job, they followed that up with... yet another poorly implemented job? They have already failed at their job. They took on the responsibility of tracking the picks, and yet don't make sure it's correctly done? At this point they might as well claim no responsibility once again over the picks, no due process in accepting trades and just make sure GMs don't fuck up.

Again. HO expected that they are fed correct information, because the GMs were bound BY RULE to have the correct information. Double checking this should have been done, but the first line of defense were GMs.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

I don't understand how people can put the blame on HO when the whole reason HO switched trackers was to help Ace after the whole Serpe debacle.

Like, I literally don't get why you NEW guys are foaming at the mouth. If ANYONE had to be diligent when HO asked them to counter-verify which picks they owned... it's ACE. Not HO, not Gibby, not HLO/Daft, not a league-wide consortium... Ace.

Guys, I love you long time, but you can't act so goddamn uppity, when 15/16 GMs did their job, and only one slacked off on pick tracking (again), and then lost his job for neglecting the damn thing that almost cost him his job 2 months ago.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

make new england great again

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

08-19-2020, 07:40 PMspooked Wrote:
08-19-2020, 07:37 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: So two people fucked up here right
multiple fuck ups, but it is up to the GM to know what they have and to correct other sources where it is not listed correctly. It takes some talent to trade a pick twice, even more to do that more than once. As good a GM as Ace seems to have been in the LR, buck stops with the GM. Hopefully NEW can figure it out with their new GM.
so no buck for HO

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

08-20-2020, 09:57 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
08-19-2020, 07:40 PMspooked Wrote: multiple fuck ups, but it is up to the GM to know what they have and to correct other sources where it is not listed correctly. It takes some talent to trade a pick twice, even more to do that more than once. As good a GM as Ace seems to have been in the LR, buck stops with the GM. Hopefully NEW can figure it out with their new GM.
so no buck for HO
Not in this thread, maybe in future, the rule breached has nothing to do with them really. Approving a trade is a different matter, and I would have to check the rulebook on if there are any rules around HO approving faulty deals or not. Maybe there should be some in the future, or a new job who is accountable for approving deals and double checking them more thoroughly.

I have to imagine that a lot of the strong emotions about Ace's punishment are only compounded by the lack of immediate punishment on HO's side.

The rules were clear for GMs. Unless nour included a specific clause in his recent rewrite regarding the failure to track/mistaken approve trades, it's up the owners to discuss what punishment is appropriate. If both punishments were presented at the same time instead being staggered like this, hard to say that as many points about both sides messing up would be repeated.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

08-20-2020, 10:20 AMNhamlet Wrote: I have to imagine that a lot of the strong emotions about Ace's punishment are only compounded by the lack of immediate punishment on HO's side.

The rules were clear for GMs. Unless nour included a specific clause in his recent rewrite regarding the failure to track/mistaken approve trades, it's up the owners to discuss what punishment is appropriate. If both punishments were presented at the same time instead being staggered like this, hard to say that as many points about both sides messing up would be repeated.

spot on. i'm fairly certain that there would be less arguments in this thread if the punishments weren't staggered

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

do we see a punishment for the wrong/missed Pick Tracker? because it should be or not? that was the normal way all the time! if someone messed up he/she/they get punished!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

08-20-2020, 11:35 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: do we see a punishment for the wrong/missed Pick Tracker? because it should be or not? that was the normal way all the time! if someone messed up he/she/they get punished!
Here you go, McZ.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

08-20-2020, 12:48 PMKlusteR Wrote:
08-20-2020, 11:35 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: do we see a punishment for the wrong/missed Pick Tracker? because it should be or not? that was the normal way all the time! if someone messed up he/she/they get punished!
Here you go, McZ.

thx Smile

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Applied

[Image: 3.png]

08-21-2020, 03:25 PMJSS Wrote: Applied
I hope you get the job good sir