Create Account

New England Wolfpack Punishment

Ace :(

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Ace will always be my GM and ain't nobody gonna change that. No cap, this is wack.

[Image: Screenshot_2020-05-18_at_9.24.57_PM.png?...height=942]
[Image: HenneyIL-GBsig2.png]
~ Sigs made by yours truly ~

[Image: vokU6Ra.png] | [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

So uh, whos going 8th?

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Ace is nicer than me. This shit is stupid.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

08-19-2020, 02:59 PMSDCore Wrote:
08-19-2020, 02:54 PMbbjygm Wrote: bullshit

edit: got my ph in.

What's the point of an approval process if they take none of the liability? HO is the group that both approves trades and punishes trades that were incorrect. Who's the final line of defense to keep bad trades from happening?! This new system is just more bureaucracy with the same mistakes and same 100% liability to the GMs.

GMs have and always will be responsible for tracking their own picks. It is one of their responsibilities at the end of the day. The first pick in question happened before the switch to the new system. So if NEW was keeping track of their picks, they would have known this wasn't owned by them and it would have been caught much sooner.

You can be upset with HO, but you have to look at your GMs and ask why they haven't started tracking their own picks, especially being on probation.

yeah but its never JUST gms making mistakes. Why does HO approve trades at all if they fail seemingly just as often as GMs do? its not that anyone in the HO needs to be fired or suspended over a missed trade, but the frequency at which a pick is double traded AND HO doesn't see it AND HO is seen as blameless is concerning to say the least.

How many botched trade approvals is it going to take? Why let GMs skid off a cliff when we can enforce better rail guards?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

if hotdog announces his new franchise is new england wolfpack this is the spiciest reveal gimmick ever

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

08-19-2020, 03:04 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
08-19-2020, 02:59 PMSDCore Wrote: GMs have and always will be responsible for tracking their own picks. It is one of their responsibilities at the end of the day. The first pick in question happened before the switch to the new system. So if NEW was keeping track of their picks, they would have known this wasn't owned by them and it would have been caught much sooner.

You can be upset with HO, but you have to look at your GMs and ask why they haven't started tracking their own picks, especially being on probation.

yeah but its never JUST gms making mistakes. Why does HO approve trades at all if they fail seemingly just as often as GMs do? its not that anyone in the HO needs to be fired or suspended over a missed trade, but the frequency at which a pick is double traded AND HO doesn't see it AND HO is seen as blameless is concerning to say the least.

How many botched trade approvals is it going to take? Why let GMs skid off a cliff when we can enforce better rail guards?

HO has some culpability in this happening. Won't argue against Ace fucking up here but HO did too.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

08-19-2020, 03:04 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
08-19-2020, 02:59 PMSDCore Wrote: GMs have and always will be responsible for tracking their own picks. It is one of their responsibilities at the end of the day. The first pick in question happened before the switch to the new system. So if NEW was keeping track of their picks, they would have known this wasn't owned by them and it would have been caught much sooner.

Where in this did I say we are blameless? We moved to an approval system to help fix this and lessen these errors. Errors are still going to happen. HO did not approve the first trade, that was supposed to have been processed by Serpe and it wasn't. HO missed that trade when we moved to the new system. Which is why we tried our best to eliminate any errors, by asking GMs to double and triple check the sheet before making it final. Many GMs came to us with mistakes, that didn't get processed in the first sheet and it was updated. NEWs GM did not, so this fell through, which is unfortuante and again should have been caught by multiple parties. I admitted to that, that is not us being blameless, but at the end of the day, GMs are supposed to know the ins and outs of their organization. HO is overseeing 18 (soon) teams, plus many other moving parts.

We rely on GMs to help us by also internally tracking things like draft picks, budget, and many other tasks.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

08-19-2020, 03:07 PMSkeleton Party Wrote: if hotdog announces his new franchise is new england wolfpack this is the spiciest reveal gimmick ever
I like this timeline

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

08-19-2020, 03:14 PMNokazoa Wrote:
08-19-2020, 03:07 PMSkeleton Party Wrote: if hotdog announces his new franchise is new england wolfpack this is the spiciest reveal gimmick ever
I like this timeline
idk if that is 10 or 1000 IQ

kinda both really

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

08-19-2020, 02:59 PMSDCore Wrote:
08-19-2020, 02:54 PMbbjygm Wrote: bullshit

edit: got my ph in.

What's the point of an approval process if they take none of the liability? HO is the group that both approves trades and punishes trades that were incorrect. Who's the final line of defense to keep bad trades from happening?! This new system is just more bureaucracy with the same mistakes and same 100% liability to the GMs.

GMs have and always will be responsible for tracking their own picks. It is one of their responsibilities at the end of the day. The first pick in question happened before the switch to the new system. So if NEW was keeping track of their picks, they would have known this wasn't owned by them and it would have been caught much sooner.

Then what's the point of the approval system? It still lets errors like this through yet doesn't punish everyone involved in letting that error through. To be consistent, might as well roll it back to when GMs were the only ones to vet a trade so they are actually the only ones responsible for the errors. This just shows the HO tracker can't be trusted, so it's an extra responsibility that doesn't solve the problem it was trying to solve.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 03:22 PM by PremierBromanov.)

08-19-2020, 03:09 PMSDCore Wrote:
08-19-2020, 03:04 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: yeah but its never JUST gms making mistakes. Why does HO approve trades at all if they fail seemingly just as often as GMs do? its not that anyone in the HO needs to be fired or suspended over a missed trade, but the frequency at which a pick is double traded AND HO doesn't see it AND HO is seen as blameless is concerning to say the least.

Where in this did I say we are blameless?

the only thing im referencing here is the way people have talked about HO regarding this punishment and others and how HO has not yet been punished. You've said in the initial post that an audit is being made and thats good. but to me, any defense made in the name of HO here is basically saying you don't deserve to be punished, which is why I use the word blameless. I suppose HO could shoulder blame without being punished but that would be bonkers to me.

I know its not an easy job and would never suggest that, but neither is being a GM, and the punishments make them take extra measures to ensure accuracy. But if HO never sees punishment, what is holding them accountable? That's all i'm saying.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 03:25 PM by Nhamlet.)

08-19-2020, 03:15 PMbbjygm Wrote:

Then what's the point of the approval system? It still lets errors like this through yet doesn't punish everyone involved in letting that error through. To be consistent, might as well roll it back to when GMs were the only ones to vet a trade so they are actually the only ones responsible for the errors. This just shows the HO tracker can't be trusted, so it's an extra responsibility that doesn't solve the problem it was trying to solve.

The approval system aiming to reduce errors and still having errors doesn't make it moot. We don't know right now whether HO is getting punished or not, or the extent of the punishment for their side in this error so there's not much that can be said about that right now.

The rest of your sentence seems to indicate the problem that was being solved by the HO tracker was complete elimination of errors. Unfortunately with the transition from an already incomplete tracker and using the very same GMs to verify the accuracy, something slipped through. HO's additional responsibility does not absolve GMs of their own as much as it sucks to see this result happen.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

yikes

[Image: ImShiny.gif]