Create Account

S55 PT #5 - Playoffs (Remix)

Recently recirculating on Twitter has been the TV promo commercial from the 2014 NBA playoffs, which featured a "remix" of Kesha's Timber with Pitbull just repeating the word "Playoffs" - simply epic...............

The SHL has turned to you as their creative director for this season's playoffs. Can you come up with something that'll still be referenced years later?

Written Task (150 words min.):Describe the TV commercial you've designed to promote this season's playoffs. What music will accompany the commercial (remember this is something that people will be hearing over and over again throughout the playoffs)? What teams/players/messages will you feature?

Graphic Task:Create a playoff promotional poster for the S55 playoffs OR a short video commercial, if you're feeling ambitious

Audio Task (90 secs min.): If you "remix" a song like Pitbull did in the commercial above and you take a song and just splice in you saying "playoffs" several times throughout the song, I will give you credit for this and it will make me laugh a lot.

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, August 30th at 11:59pm ET.
Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; be sure to note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 06:02 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Dragons Specters Dragons Specters Dragons Specters

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 10:24 PM by hockeyiscool.)

It's playoff time and I've been commissioned by Harvey's and the SHL to create a commercial in for their new release, "the Canadian Burger" and the SHL S55 Playoffs.  

The commercial starts with a close pan in on the newly released creation from Harvey's.
The narrator asks, "what's more Canadian than a Cheeseburger?", "This Cheeseburger, Loaded with Poutine and All-Dressed Chips.
Then the Camera angle zooms out to show Jessica Lucas in a Bikini holding the Burger. 
"In the hands of All-Canadian Actress Jessica Lucas".
The Camera then zooms out to show Jessica Lucas in the hot tub 
"In a Hot Tub,"
The camera zooms out again showing the zamboni and driver Bryan Adams
"on a Zamboni, Driven by Canadian singer Bryan Adams"
The camera zooms out again showing the Olympic Canadian Curling team
Surrounded by the Olympic Canadian Curling team
The camera zooms out showing national treasure, Celine Dion and Nickleback singing, while players from all 16 teams are lined up staring up at the Canadian Flag
while Celine Dion and Nickleback are singing together "Oh, Canada".
While players from all 16 teams are lined up staring up at the Canadian Flag. 
After "Oh, Canada" finishes.
With an overhead camera shot, A puck is dropped with two opposing centers facing off, with crowd noises in the background. 
it then shows a graphic over the face-off circle. "It's time for Playoffs, Tune in on SHN"-display the date of the playoffs 

Ph

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 01:30 PM by 5ympathies.)

So my idea, it's completely unique, probably never ever ever been done before bc I'm a genius and a creative director. So you know Fortnite right? (to be honest any battle royale game can substitute, maybe we'll even use warzone cause it's more topical right now), every team gets a squad in the game and they duke it out for victory. We play a bunch of these games and film one for every possible victor in the playoffs. And we make a highlight reel of epic plays that play between the games, hyping up during promos for the playoffs. And at the end of every clip, it all fades to black and the message tune in at (game time, est/pst) on SHL 1 HD 4K, to see who wins. Everyone tunes in to watch an epic warzone/fortnight game, and boom, the joke is on them because they're actually watching hockey. And now they're hooked.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 03:56 AM by Dextaria.)

The commercial starts with a seemingly normal harmless interview with SHL legend, Mike Izzy. A reporter asks (with reference to his announcement of his retirement after this season) "what do these playoffs mean to you?" Then, as Izzy is thinking and is scratching his chin, there's a long "ummmm" before the commercial fades to black for a quick moment and background music begins to play. The song repeats the words "what's up danger" and in between each time players like Mike Izzy, Ola Wagstrom, and Cameron Carter II are shown and say what do these playoffs mean to them. "Last chance for glory", "proving doubters wrong", "one last shot." One by one, players from all 8 teams in the playoffs say what these playoffs mean to them as the background song continues to repeat "what's up danger" in between each one of them. Eventually, after each player has said their piece, the song begins to pick up and the the screen ones again fades to black right before it says "can't stop me now." Following the beat, clips of highlights from past playoffs and highlights from throughout this season begin to appear along with clips from each team. Then the song begins to fade and return to a slower pace before the SHL logo fades into appearance.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

If there's one thing hockey fans love, it's fucking Nickelback. We all know that Wayne Gretzky was in the music video for Rockstar. Nickleback and hockey go hand in hand my guy. So my idea to hype SHL fans up for the playoffs is pretty simple. We're gonna do a Nickelback. The commercial starts with Nickelback playing Rockstar, and then it cuts to numerous SHL stars mouthing the words to the song (yes, I'm going to force guys like Jimmy Slothface and Tommy Salami to dress up like 80s style rock stars with spandex and mullets to boot). The grand finale sees the New Orleans Specters playing as an actual band singing the song (my guess is since he's a big ole nerd @esilverm gets the nod as Chad Kroeger of New Orleans) before Aleister Cain drops in on a fucking jetpack and says "We're the rockstars of the SHL. Who's next?" before an announcer dude says "SHL Playoffs. Rockstars only. Starting Monday August 24." And thus commences the greatest goddamn commercial of all time.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Background Music:  "Evolution" - From Bensound

The whole theme of the series of promotional trailers will be "It's Our Time" and will feature a trailer for each team in the playoffs.  The quick commercials will begin with a flash of the SHL logo followed by the team logo of whatever playoff team it is highlighting (take your pick).  It will then show a series of highlights and panning promotional shots of the all-star player being highlighted.  After several highlights, that all-star or several of the team's stars, will be recorded (either via voice-over or actual recording on video) with the statement "It's our time."  After the "its our time" statement the teaser will flash an image of the SHL Challenge cup (vertically lit panned from right to left) along with the S55 Challenge Cup Championship promotional graphic.

Code:
Written Task (150 words min.): Describe the TV commercial you've designed to promote this season's playoffs. What music will accompany the commercial (remember this is something that people will be hearing over and over again throughout the playoffs)? What teams/players/messages will you feature?

BTS - Dynamite

With the recent release of BTS - Dynamite that has taken over the nation, the song has broken YouTube and music streaming records. I myself can't stop listening to the song and every time I hear it, it instantly puts me in a euphoric state. The song is extremely upbeat, catchy and a sure fire way to light up the mood for listeners. The catchy chorus is surely to get stuck in fans heads and hopefully think of the SHL playoffs as well. Teams that I would feature would be the top teams in the league including the Edmonton  Blizzard Buffalo  Stampede Manhattan  Rage  Hamilton  Steelhawks  and last year's SHL champions the New Orleans  Specters

There would be montages of fantastic plays from those teams star players such as Tony Pepperoni, Bo Kane, Aaron Wilson, Dick Clapper, Monkey D. Luffy, Ola Wagstrom and Aleister Cain. There would be close ups of them smiling while posing for the camera. Hopefully we could get BTS to have a personal video message to encourage fans to watch these SHL playoffs as it surely will be "Dynamite" 

Code:
182 words

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

A black screen graces the Television for a few seconds, long enough that you think your TV might have turned off or something is wrong with the station. As you get up to take a look at the TV...

Ladies and Gentlemen, This is Season 55

The beat starts kicking in. You're confused but intrigued so you sit back down and your focus is drawn to 8 men in white suits snapping. They seem to be melting out of the darkness into the forefront of your television.

One, two, three, four, five
Everybody wants the cup so c'mon let's thrive

These men start to look familiar, they're players from each of the SHL playoff teams. They continually snap and walk towards the camera as the music continues.

A little bit of Passamus in my life
A little bit of Thomason by my side
A little bit of Clapper is all I need
A little bit of Izzy is what I see
A little bit of Kirkby in the sun
A little bit of Kvalheim all night long
A little bit of Tokolosh, here I am
Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette is the man!

The music and players sway as the they fade back to black and then the SHL logo fades in as the music fades out leaving an awkward silence.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

The industry leader in recovery, SHL Kush, has partnered with the Simulation Hockey League for their Season 55 Playoffs. SHL Kush has worked closely with the SHL to create a commercial aimed to capture the spirit of playoff hockey. That's why we're here to provide an inside scoop on their upcoming advertisement that is surely going to improve the SHL's viewership and revenue.

First off, we're going to feature the some of the best players and rising stars of the league. Some big names such as Gabriel Johnson, Jean Paul Boivin, Rex Kirkby and SHL Kush's own, Augustus Wang, will be featured in the commercial with highlights from this past season and past playoffs. We’re going to feature a hit piece on Gabriel Johnson too to really drive home the league’s dislike of him.

The music is undoubtedly going to be Snoop Dog’s “The Next Episode” remixed to feature the line “Smoke Weed Everyday” to really drive home the SHL’s commitment to providing the finest forms of recovery to their players, specifically from their favourite partner, SHL Kush.

Lastly, we’re going to have the promo code, DANK-PLAYOFFS, for 20% off at SHLKush.com for all of our fans to experience what the players are having on a regular basis. SHL Kush has been at the top of the sports recovery ladder and this move will only garner further improvements to the SHL and its partners. Be on the look out for the commercial to drop anytime soon, and remember to visit SHLKush.com for all your medicinal needs.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

I attempted to make one of your fun little playoffs videos @hotdog but it came out 20 seconds too short. So I will write about it too. Pardon me. First Audio Editing I've ever done. 
The SHL needs all the help they can get when going up against leagues like the ISFL, PBE, and Little League World Series. So today we are promoting with a terrible mix of everyone's favorite song "Ghost Town" by the Specials. The key to pulling this off is sending all who even take 20 seconds to watch the add deep into an SHL-branded trance. The video will feature the faces of players, one-by-one, appearing on a black and white swirled background. Each player will wiggle his fingers and say, "Welcome to the SHL playoffs" while the song plays in the background. Every once and awhile a flicker of "Watch the SHL playoffs this @ this time and date" will flash across the screen. Nobody is going to want to watch the teams in the playoffs right now. There is no Baltimore. So what is the point? This is the kind of marketing that the SHL has been waiting years for and it is finally here. 

[164 Words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

This season's playoff commercial has been announced and it's a doozy. The theme of the commercial is "legends never die", and it involves looking at legends of each team both past and present. One star from each team has been signed up to appear; for Edmonton it's Tony Pepperoni, for Calgary it's Mike Izzy, for Hamilton it's Robert Phelps, for New Orleans it's Jimmy Slothface, for Buffalo it's Monkey D. Luffy, for Manhattan it's Luke Thomason, for Chicago it's Parker Smeb and for Texas it's Andreas Kvalheim. The commercial opens with the eight of them lined up on the ice as if waiting for the national anthem, before it cuts away to each saying what it is them and their team is playing for. This is interlaced with footage of their highlights in the past season and footage from their team's past cup successes. In order to keep the commercial relevant and on theme when it comes to honouring legends, the music used will be "The Woo" by Pop Smoke, who tragically passed away this year but left a huge mark on the world. I think this commercial will be very powerful and I'm looking forward to people being able to enjoy it when it's aired on TV soon.

Code:
209 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

“He scores!!! He scores!!!!! The TEXAS RENEGADES ARE BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!”
The commercial starts off black and white with the following overtime play where the Texas Renegades score the cup clinching goal in OT. After the play and sound bite it played, a short piano tune is then played and the play slowly starts to rewind. As it’s rewinding quotes from each of the players are played.
“The greatest feeling in the world”
“Jumping over the bench to join in the celebration was surreal.”
“Wow, just wow”
“Look mom I finally did it all thanks to you! IM A CHAMPION, WE ARE CHAMPIONS.”
“I want to thank my team the owners but most of all the fans!”

Then the screen goes black. Then text appears.
SHL
Where careers are born
Where dynasties are made
Where dreams come true

“This message has been brought to you but the SHL.”

[Image: 336.jpg]

I got the go ahead from the team to make a commercial that will air locally in New Orleans. I wanted to do something dramatic in a dark ice rink, but realized how dangerous that would be. You cannot skate around in the dark and not hurt someone, even if you know the rink like that back of your hand. I decided to do the commercial outside the arena on the front steps. I would recruit a couple guys from the team to be in it, like Captain Smyth and Cain. We'd all three be standing there in nice ass suits, smoking big cigars while some words are being read. Probably some inspirational quotes and whatnot. The video will start flashing highlights from last season's playoffs. Music fades in with each scene. Then finally, "The New Orleans Specters have won the S54 Challenge Cup." Scene cuts to the team celebrating for an instance, followed by a close up shot of the three players mentioned above. Smyth steps forward, "This is our cup to defend and we won't go down easily." Insert heavy EDM as that is what Blast would want.

[190]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ