Create Account

StamkosFan Appeal

I'll also say that HO was basing themselves on earlier punishment for a similar type of infraction (i.e. Serpe and karey). It may have seemed harsh at first, but the precedent was there. Good on ownership to see the incongruities with the precedent, and adjust accordingly.

And while the abolition of the Marius Rule (RIP), and the cap accompanying it, will probably limit these kinds of infractions to a minimum, there may still be an occasion, for both HO and ownership, to revise the amount of suspension games for "TPE circumvention" per "brackets", if you will - and write it down, for all to see.

However, even as an updater, I do admit that we are fallible - that's our lot as humans. Players cannot go into updating with the mindset that "the nice updater will adjust my math for me" - our main job is to check for links to make sure your TPE is claimable, adjust TPE totals and attributes accordingly, then funnel the information towards the File Workers. It's not necessarily to act as your surrogate 2nd grade teacher when you feel adding up 35 + 6 is hard. I don't excuse the repeated failures of the updater team, but you can't "reeeeeeeee" at us when the errors were so insistent and repeated that several of our old and current workers are getting caught in this maelstrom. The player has agency, and if those were honest mistakes, I completely get it - but after the repeated warnings of "hey, you didn't calculate your cap right" by several different members of the updating team... Maybe it was time to revise how you calculated your updates? Maybe whip out your cell phone and let it do the math for you? idk. Those are just ramblings of a tech that's bored on a Tuesday morning...

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

08-25-2020, 06:47 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
08-25-2020, 06:39 AMZema Wrote: At least you have put into place a fair punishment, but there needs to be a discussion about how these things are being handled.

Why are you putting down a punishment of 10 games when you yourselves consider it too harsh so you drop it by 6 games? What does this process even look like? "Yeah, we're handing out an over-the-top punishment at first but we fully expect them to appeal it so we can make it more fair." Is that the way you are thinking?

It feels so backwards that you guys are handing out a punishment that is insanely big (which you must agree on) to then revert it less than one day later. I would love to know why things are processed this way and the reasoning behind it, because all it does is sow dissent for HO in the long term while painting yourselves as incompetent.
HO is the one that determines the punishment.

League owners are the ones that receive and make decisions upon appeals.

They are different entities, albeit ones that often work together. Hope this clears some of this up.

Ah, didn't realize that

[Image: Bk1689.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 12:36 PM by funk.)

Definitely better. Good on HO.

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

oh yea this is legit eh

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Don't know which was right and which was wrong, but StamkosFan is happy about this outcome and that means it's okay, I guess...

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]