Create Account

Milestone Caps

I'm just bringing this up because it is frustrating. Why even have milestones when they are capped? Why not just give everyone 4 TPE?

It makes little sense to me when you stay dedicated to a player build, to a team... you find success, but then the one thing you can earn extra TPE from for having success in what this league is (a sim league)... the dividends are capped. What is the point in having them at all? We are willing to give 10 TPE for winning a fantasy sim league... But not fully reward users for buying into the consistency of building a player efficiently or sticking with a team plan. There is literally no reward for having a good season, when everyone claims the same 4 TPE, but yet those who do have a talent at fantasy can ring up easily 50+ extra TPE over a career where we are talking maybe an extra 3-5 tpe per season if a player is outstanding.

Last thing being, please look at the goalie milestones. Base milestones for goalies off of the starters not the backups. I absolutely understand frustrations (which I luckily haven't had a fringe season) of some goalies when averages are pulled down by backups (in both the SHL and SMJHL), when the system notably favors backups swapping in for a game.

[Image: Wally.png]

Milestones were capped low to offset the extra TPE people were getting from other tasks with the death of the PT cap/Marius Rule.

It frustrated me, too, considering the change happened at the top of my player's career, but it makes sense to me.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Also, hitting milestones is massively tied to team quality. Rich get richer isn't what you want in general, let alone from non-guaranteed TPE.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 11:56 AM by AgentSmith630.)

Man, this is definitely not it chief. As a 2nd year defenseman who has been capped since the beginning of the season, playing on a team that performed decently well, I only got 2 milestones, so this "Everyone gets 4 TPE" is bull.

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

08-25-2020, 11:53 AMhhh81 Wrote: Milestones were capped low to offset the extra TPE people were getting from other tasks with the death of the PT cap/Marius Rule.

It frustrated me, too, considering the change happened at the top of my player's career, but it makes sense to me.

I recognize your point, but I don't agree when your good fantasy managers can farm TPE at much higher rates.

08-25-2020, 11:54 AMsve7en Wrote: Also, hitting milestones is massively tied to team quality. Rich get richer isn't what you want in general, let alone from non-guaranteed TPE.

Rich get richer? Take all the extra non-guaranteed TPE earned in fantasy and put that against the extra non-guaranteed TPE (meaning tpe earned in excess of 4).

We got this because people couldnt count to 40. Lets hope we don't see multi game bans for people claiming more than 4 milestones TPE.

Also, 4 milestones is pretty doable when playing for a successful team. Playing for the bottom teams, players are lucky to get two or three.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

08-25-2020, 12:02 PMWally Wrote:
08-25-2020, 11:54 AMsve7en Wrote: Also, hitting milestones is massively tied to team quality. Rich get richer isn't what you want in general, let alone from non-guaranteed TPE.

Rich get richer?  Take all the extra non-guaranteed TPE earned in fantasy and put that against the extra non-guaranteed TPE (meaning tpe earned in excess of 4).

You mean TPE that is truly random and at worst slightly distributed to people who demonstrate skill or knowledge of the league? Yeah no, that's not comparable to people to TPE tied to what team you're on, or the role you play, or how you built your player.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I hate to say it, but I agree with @sve7en

08-25-2020, 12:06 PMsve7en Wrote: You mean TPE that is truly random and at worst slightly distributed to people who demonstrate skill or knowledge of the league? Yeah no, that's not comparable to people to TPE tied to what team you're on, or the role you play, or how you built your player.

1. How does winning at fantasy demonstrate a skill and knowledge of a simulation hockey league? Wouldn't we all draft the same players and not randomly assigned to groups and draft locale?

2. Being able to hit those milestones is also tied to updating... as well.

08-25-2020, 12:15 PMWally Wrote:
08-25-2020, 12:06 PMsve7en Wrote: You mean TPE that is truly random and at worst slightly distributed to people who demonstrate skill or knowledge of the league? Yeah no, that's not comparable to people to TPE tied to what team you're on, or the role you play, or how you built your player.

1.  How does winning at fantasy demonstrate a skill and knowledge of a simulation hockey league?  Wouldn't we all draft the same players and not randomly assigned to groups and draft locale?

2.  Being able to hit those milestones is also tied to updating... as well.
1. Because it involves predicting who will be good next season. Which involves some kind of skill in knowing what to look for, or at least some research. Also involves the luck factor tho.

2. Yes. Because you'd expect pretty much near max earners would hit those milestones regardless of where they play, right? Well, you're wrong. Milestones are tied to where you play more than to your own abilities.

My only suggestion would be to separate the team milestones from the player cap:
Team
President's Trophy +1 Stampede/Blizzard - 70 pts
Cole Reinhart Trophy (West Champion) +1
Mathias Chouinard Trophy (East Champion) +1
Challenge Cup +1
Each Individual Award +1

Even that isn't a huge deal to me, the cap makes sense since FHM production is a lot more reliant on what team (or conference really) you are on. I just thought giving separate tpe for team accomplishments like a President's Trophy would make that more meaningful in the scheme of tpe.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 12:52 PM by honkerrs.)

> has been on one of the best performing J teams the past 3 seasons
> it's just an automatic 4 TPE every time guys amirite

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

I make the goalie milestones so that unless a starter has bad stats and/or is on a bad team they will almost definitely hit the 4 cap. anything a starter almost definitely won't hit is geared to reward backups that have good stats/got a good share of games.

I agree that the 4 cap is a little weird and could be scrapped entirely, but also I didn't even hit 4 at a 1.6k dman in SHL so it stings even more lol.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

08-25-2020, 12:44 PMhonkerrs Wrote: > has been on one of the best performing J teams the past 3 seasons
> it's just an automatic 4 TPE every time guys amirite

another interesting take

I try my best.