Create Account

Milestone Caps

08-25-2020, 12:46 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I make the goalie milestones so that unless a starter has bad stats and/or is on a bad team they will almost definitely hit the 4 cap. anything a starter almost definitely won't hit is geared to reward backups that have good stats/got a good share of games.

I agree that the 4 cap is a little weird and could be scrapped entirely, but also I didn't even hit 4 at a 1.6k dman in SHL so it stings even more lol.

I appreciate the response and explanation G

[Image: Wally.png]

08-25-2020, 12:44 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: My only suggestion would be to separate the team milestones from the player cap:
Team
President's Trophy +1 Stampede/Blizzard - 70 pts
Cole Reinhart Trophy (West Champion) +1
Mathias Chouinard Trophy (East Champion) +1
Challenge Cup +1
Each Individual Award +1

Even that isn't a huge deal to me, the cap makes sense since FHM production is a lot more reliant on what team (or conference really) you are on.  I just thought giving separate tpe for team accomplishments like a President's Trophy would make that more meaningful in the scheme of tpe.

I agree, I think it would make great performances that much more meaningful to reward people winning awards with more TPE. Not like someone getting an extra 3 TPE for say MVP+Finalist+Challenge Cup throws off the TPE balance much anyway. In fact I was thinking about if it's something worth bringing up just earlier today.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

08-25-2020, 01:16 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
08-25-2020, 12:44 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: My only suggestion would be to separate the team milestones from the player cap:
Team
Challenge Cup +1
Each Individual Award +1

Even that isn't a huge deal to me, the cap makes sense since FHM production is a lot more reliant on what team (or conference really) you are on.  I just thought giving separate tpe for team accomplishments like a President's Trophy would make that more meaningful in the scheme of tpe.

I agree, I think it would make great performances that much more meaningful to reward people winning awards with more TPE. Not like someone getting an extra 3 TPE for say MVP+Finalist+Challenge Cup throws off the TPE balance much anyway. In fact I was thinking about if it's something worth bringing up just earlier today.

do it quickly before we win the championship

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

08-25-2020, 01:17 PM.bojo Wrote:
08-25-2020, 01:16 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I agree, I think it would make great performances that much more meaningful to reward people winning awards with more TPE. Not like someone getting an extra 3 TPE for say MVP+Finalist+Challenge Cup throws off the TPE balance much anyway. In fact I was thinking about if it's something worth bringing up just earlier today.

do it quickly before we win the championship

ArmadaArmadaArmadaArmadaArmadaArmadaArmadaArmadaArmadaArmadaArmada

As someone about to hit 2k tpe that only earned 3 tpe in milestones(Takeaways by a landslide, giveaways at the exact number, and special points by 1 point. I lead my team in points but didn't get the assists or goals milestones.) getting the 4 tpe is in no way guaranteed. As others have stated, a good amount of the milestones can be tied to team strength since the switch to FHM.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Goalie milestones are absolutely fucked this season

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Team
Challenge Cup +1
Each Individual Award +1

This feels right to me. The most you can get from personal stats is four. But if the team wins something or you win something it would be fun to be rewarded for that. Maybe make them 1/2 tpe's so they don't stack too massively? But yeah. That would be cool.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

See, the team ones being uncapped play right in to that same rich get richer thing that I thought was trying to be avoided.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

08-25-2020, 05:53 PMsve7en Wrote: See, the team ones being uncapped play right in to that same rich get richer thing that I thought was trying to be avoided.

Think of it as preparing the younger members for the real world!

But for real I don't imagine issuing one "uncapped" tpe for winning the President's trophy, one "uncapped" for winning the conference, and one "uncapped" for the Challenge Cup (if a team wins all three at once, I imagine it is more likely it would be two for conference/CC) would crazily skew the tpe distribution. This would provide a little something as a reward for accomplishing the actual "goal" in the league, being successful in the sim (your mileage may vary on your goals in this league).

I should have removed personal awards from my list to be honest, I think those should stay in the capped zone (mostly because voting can be contentious). That was just lazy copy/pasting. In the end I also don't think it is a huge issue, but I don't believe rewarding the team as a whole for accomplishing big goals would majorly skew the tpe balance. I could be wrong though!
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 07:55 PM by Rich.)

08-25-2020, 06:50 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Think of it as preparing the younger members for the real world!

But for real I don't imagine issuing one "uncapped" tpe for winning the President's trophy, one "uncapped" for winning the conference, and one "uncapped" for the Challenge Cup (if a team wins all three at once, I imagine it is more likely it would be two for conference/CC) would crazily skew the tpe distribution.  This would provide a little something as a reward for accomplishing the actual "goal" in the league, being successful in the sim (your mileage may vary on your goals in this league). 

I should have removed personal awards from my list to be honest, I think those should stay in the capped zone (mostly because voting can be contentious).  That was just lazy copy/pasting.  In the end I also don't think it is a huge issue, but I don't believe rewarding the team as a whole for accomplishing big goals would majorly skew the tpe balance.  I could be wrong though!

You're right, it wouldn't skew tpe in a major way. I think we should be aiming for a system that doesn't skew it at all. The current SHL milestone system already appears to benefit better teams, even if only a small amount.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!