Create Account

In His Own Words: Luffy Richard SMJHL Milestones

Well well well, I am back again for what is most likely a brief post because the scrub who is behind the keyboard that is behind my keyboard actually has to do something today. That's right, I can see through the simulation to your so-called "real world." You cannot suppress my voice. I am Luffy Richard, I see beyond the walls of this construct!

Anyways, the milestones for the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League were posted today, and I am sure many of my peers are excited to see how well they did and get some of that sweet sweet tpe. I was hoping to get the max amount of those fabled points because, let's be honest, I need as many of them in a short amount of time as I can get my hands on. I reached three milestones out of the four allowed us send downs, which is decent. No surprise, they were all defensive milestones, though my plus/minus was atrocious this year. I am gonna bounce back in that regard, I swear it upon all the Rowdy Ramen in my cupboard!

I had eighty-one hits, twenty-eight takeaways, and seventy blocked shots which are leaps and bounds ahead of my season fifty-four totals. It's good to look back on things like this to see how you have progressed, especially if you are a late bloomer like me. You might get down on yourself for lack of success, but it's always smart to compare yourself to the old you because you can't see your growth if you're just comparing yourself to everyone around you. There is no sprint to the finish line, only the long road we all must struggle through. And it can be lonely being a long-distance runner, but never forget how many miles you've put behind you--those are hurdles you've crossed to reach where you are. I heard that from a motivational speech at my high school. I think it still holds up. kind. sort...anyways

last season I had twenty-three hits, ten takeaways, and forty-two blocked shots. Those numbers are bleh, but I've grown since then. And in growing, my team has put more trust in me, thus giving me more chances to succeed (also to fail but we must not fear failure!).

so to all the rookies out there, or new players coming into the league, you will see yourself grow in leaps if you stay consistent. Maybe you won't be as great as that other pretender Luffy, the monkey one, but this is a team sport and the better you are, the better your team will be. The better your team is, the more they will help you succeed. Life is funny that way.

Anyways, I've rambled on for too long. I don't know if any of this makes sense, or if I'm still high on the twenty-three-mile hike I just did for training while carrying my roommate on my back because he has all the stamina of hundred-year-old cowboy who smoked since he was thirteen.

I hope you all have a good day, enjoy the play-offs, and Go Whale or Go Home.

Luffy Richard.

(549).

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria