Create Account

S55 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 05:52 PM by raymond3000.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
Season 56 was another solid season for Andreas Kvalheim, who put up a second consecutive sixty point season for the Texas Renegades. He finished tied for ninth in the league for scoring, an impressive feat considering all the players around him in the scoring leaderboards played for much stronger offensive teams. This offensive output was more or less what was expected of Kvalheim, and he also continued to contribute defensively as well. While his hits and takeaways were down from a season ago, his increase in shot blocks and faceoff percentage ensured he was still one of the top two-way forwards in the league. On a team-wide basis, this season was definitely a success, as the Renegades finally snapped their long playoff drought, making it into the postseason for the first time since Kvalheim's rookie season in S47. While the team got swept in the first round by the Blizzard, the future remains bright for the Renes.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.?
I think Team Norway will be able to surprise in this upcoming IIHF tournament, making it into the playoffs and hopefully making it into the medal rounds. Norway has struggled in recent seasons, losing several key players to regression and retirement, but is looking to reclaim its reputation as an international powerhouse, a small hockey nation capable of punching above its weight class at international tournaments. Norway are led by a trio of 2K TPE players in Kvalheim, van Otter and Scholz. All three were well above point per game players in the SHL this past season, so Norway has the top-end talent to compete with any other country. Kvalheim and van Otter, along with Winnipeg veteran Goku Muerto will lead the offense, while Scholz, who is arguably the best defender in the world, will be the main man on the Norway blueline. The group supporting Scholz will include a group of young, promising defenders including Samuel Michaud, Adam Scianna, and Axel Meszaros along with the veteran Tor Tuck.

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: GVipZab.png]

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have stacked defenses - which team do you think has the defensive advantage in this series?
b. In the two regular season matchups, each team won once at home. Do you expect the results to reflect a home ice advantage in this series?
c. Based on FHM player ratings, New Orleans has higher average ratings in bravery, aggression, and fighting? Will that toughness have any impact on this series?
d. What is your favorite name from a player appearing in this series? Why do you like that player's name?
e. There are several animal names in this series - which of these animals is the coolest? sloth, hippo, otter, monkey, fox, kirby.
a. I'd say the Buffalo Stampede have the better defense compared to the New Orleans Specters. While Rex Kirkby is the single best defenseman in the finals, the Stampede's three headed monster of Darrow, Selich and Scoop is incredibly difficult to best. The Specters' number 2 and 3 dmen are Odelein and Clause, and while they are very good, they don't have the same experience or talent as the Buffalo players.

b. From what I've seen in FHM, home ice advantage is definitely a thing, so I expect these Challenge Cup Finals to be no different. With these two teams so evenly matched across the board, I can see home ice advantage being what tips the scales for the eventual winner, whoever that may be.

c. Aggression and fighting are worthless stats, so I really dont see how this perceived toughness can have any impact on the outcome of the series. Bravery seems to be somewhat more important than the other two, but I doubt the differences between the two teams is large enough to have a tangible effect.

d. I'd have to go with Cassius Darrow as my favorite name as it's a reference to the Red Rising sci-fi/fantasy series by Pierce Brown, which is a highly enjoyable read, especially the first novel. Darrow is the name of the protagonist, and Cassius is the name of another important character.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification: shard

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 07:53 PM by Renomitsu.)

Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

In SMJHL I was pleased overall with how my player did before the playoffs. I typically don’t set individual player goals – though I was pleased with my 130+ blocked shots and 30 takeaways, in contrast to my line partner James LeBlond who was an immaculate passer of the puck. Overall, though, the goal for me individually is always to help lead my team to a championship, so of course I think my player came up short. Unfortunately, it’s very difficult to assess exactly why we didn’t make it to the finals, as there are so many moving parts on a single line – let alone an entire team, and I’m not sure attributing disappointment to anything in particular (aside from randomness in the sim) would be productive. I think we had a fantastic squad in Anaheim and know we’ll be back for next season. Unfortunately I can’t really try to do anything better next season as I’ve been capped the last couple of seasons. [163]

What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.?

Well naturally, my prediction for the WJC AND IIHF tournaments is a win for my native Swedes!! We have excellent players up and down the roster, and even though there are always finicky trade/transfer rules in the international tournaments, I have no doubt we’ll have an extremely competitive group of players for Team Sweden in both aspects. I suspect the usual suspects – teams like DACH, USA, Canada, and so on – will be top contenders, as there’s a tradition of success (and users from those regions) that really sets them up for success. I do think that Sweden is one of the regions that out-performs their respective users (both as a result of good management and overall quality players compared to their population). Am I a little biased? I mean maybe – but I think there’s more than just a shred of truth to what I’m saying. I suspect we (Sweden) will do well this season and have our eyes set on the championship, even against all odds. [166]

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?
At this stage in time, there are so many clearly worthy causes provided recent events related to hate crimes, difficulties with mental health, and marginalization of many non-racial minority communities. The easy choice here would be a Black Lives Matter cause, but I’d also direct our attention towards mental hygiene and preserving mental health, as one of the most frustrating trends I’ve seen as a health care provider is a sharp increase in child abuse, domestic violence, and unhealthy coping behaviors like alcoholism and other drug use. Terrifyingly, there are so many political advertisements and focus on the negatives in media that it’s not hard to develop full-blown depression while cooped up in one’s house, unable to see friends – and as a result it’s not surprising that we’ve seen an uptick in all of these behaviors. It’s hard to expect any single person to remain mentally well with what’s happened over the last several months, and I think bringing awareness to resources in communities would be integral to continued success. [170]

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have stacked defenses - which team do you think has the defensive advantage in this series?
I’ve gotta go with my boys in Buffalo. I know the series is nearly over – as we’re five of seven games in – but we have many of the to defenders in the league, bar none, and they played an extremely significant role in defeating the Hamilton Steelhawks, who were no slouches (and even beat the Rage) this season. The Specters have also overall played much closer series than us. [69]
b. In the two regular season matchups, each team won once at home. Do you expect the results to reflect a home ice advantage in this series?
It’s always tough to say, because every GM pulls out unorthodox strategies for the Finals and it’s impossible to tell realistically how those strategies affect outcomes relative to the home ice advantage. I’d say over a long series – maybe a few dozen games – you’d see a significant difference if only because there would start to be a pattern to strategies. [60]
c. Based on FHM player ratings, New Orleans has higher average ratings in bravery, aggression, and fighting? Will that toughness have any impact on this series?
Well, sure. But I’m not sure that will necessarily be a positive effect. There are always considerations about ejections and lengthy penalties with high aggression and fighting, just as much as there are positive effects in terms of nabbing pucks that less physical players would not opt to go for. But the player ratings at this stage are so high that it’d be a marginal difference either way I think. [70]
e. There are several animal names in this series - which of these animals is the coolest? sloth, hippo, otter, monkey, fox, kirby.
Otters, of course. I don’t know how I feel about Kirby being relevant in this conversation, but Otters are one of my favorite animals by a long shot. They’re reasonably intelligent, adorable, and hold hands when they’re swimming on their backs together. There are sinister behaviors to many of the animals listed above – save maybe sloths, I don’t know their ecology quite as well – so I’m not sure that’s relevant in this conversation. [73]

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification Word: vagabond

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

The season was a mixed bag for Chicago Syndicate defenseman Akira Ren. On the bright side, Ren was able to find more of a scoring touch this season scoring 11 goals and finishing with 25 points. The 11 goals was definitely nice but Ren wishes he could have also contributed a few more assists to be around the 30 something point mark. Ren also felt like he could have played better defensively, he was a middle of the pack player on the team in terms of +/- and he also gave the puck away more often than he would like. On a team level, Ren was disappointed that despite having strong advanced stats and often dominating games, the team was unable to find more success in the regular season and playoffs. Going into next season he hopes to improve his play to be one of the top defenseman on the Chicago Syndicate and also hopes the team can find more success in both the regular season and playoffs.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Expansion drafts are always fun and interesting for the league. However, I think they are also can be extremely hard to predict without having behind the scenes knowledge of the strategies both new expansion teams will be going for. Similar to the last expansion in S46, you could see one team emerge as a strong contender right away if that GM has a good relationship with a lot of high TPE members who want to come play for their new and exciting team. If that’s the case it would obviously make sense to try and draft the highest TPE players available to compete right away. On the other hand, an expansion team might find themselves in an unfortunate situation where not many players are too keen to play for them. In that case I imagine the team would try to target some young prospects or look to trade the players they draft for future picks to build up through the draft.

3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
This is definitely an interesting question! I think it would be a cool idea to see some European franchises. Since this is simulation hockey there are no real life travel issues and I think having some European cities would be appealing to some of our European members. A lot of players are also created from European countries and I think that would open up some cool home town team stories. That being said I feel that it would be hard to implement given the current teams in the SHL. It would seem odd to just have 1 or 2 european teams in an otherwise North American league. Maybe one day we can have some more team movement and establish a strong European division/conference.

4. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
I would probably give my vote to the Edmonton Blizzard as the best team to not make the finals this season. Going into the season I believe I saw New Orleans and Edmonton as the two real strong contenders in the west. Edmonton had a stronger regular season finishing with an impressive 80 points and I heard they looked very good in a lot of playoff “test sims”. So them not being in the finals is a bit surprising. Over in the East I feel that any of Chicago, Hamilton, Manhattan, or Buffalo could have been in the finals but I have been impressed with how dominate Buffalo has been in the playoffs showing they were clearly the top team in the East.

13. Written, 3 TPE
A. From a quick glance I would probably give a very slight edge to Buffalo. Their top 4 Defensemen in particular are extremely high in TPE and we know here in Chicago how tough they can be to score against. That being said New Orleans is also very strong and can hold their own!
B. I think home ice will definitely be a factor in this series. I believe teams usually perform slightly better on home ice and with a series this close, I wouldn’t be surprised if the team with home ice advantage (Buffalo I believe) sneaks out an extra win that decides the series in a Game 7.
C. I haven’t looked at those attributes thoroughly but I personally don’t think having them higher will give New Orleans much of an advantage in this series. Maybe the toughness boost will help in the tough playoff setting but I feel other attributes and tactics will ultimately be what decides the winner.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE
verification: velv

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Code:

Though Oliver Cleary's S55 may have progressed with a whimper, it is hard to say it didn't end with a bang. Cleary was overall pretty unhappy with the way his S55 went. With the promise from Los Angeles that he would be the top defensemen on a stacked roster, a few moves in the off-season left the team much weaker than they would thought. Cleary ended up with 24 points this season, lower than the 35 to 40 he had previously expected. He communicated this in the SHL media when he wrote a tell all article about the troubles this season in Los Angeles. Cleary expects that his S56 will be much better. He controls his own fate as a free agent. His plan is to weigh his options and find a team who will be the best fit for his career with a good chance at a Challenge Cup. Next season already looked to be much better.

Code:
158 words

Code:
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective.

For this, I'm going to focus on the perspective of an expansion General Manager. Originally before the expansion lists were released to the public, it sounded like teams may let players go to the draft who could help both teams be contenders from the getgo. To an extent this happened but not in the way many expected. Lots of good players were released in the expansion draft. Guys like Theo Morgan, Alistair Cain, Oliver Cleary and Bo Kane are eligible to be selected by both Atlanta and Seattle. The issue is that every player I mentioned won't is a risk for their own reasons. Cleary, Morgan and Kane could all be going to free agency. Cain is an interesting case because people feel like he could cause issues in a new locker room. So how do I expect the draft to go? I expect one GM to load up on higher TPE players while the other GM tries to go younger. Being that Van Otter is a younger player, I expect Atlanta to try and draft more established players while Seattle focuses on building young talent and building through the real draft.

Code:
192 words

Code:
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -
become a reality in the SHL?

I think that an SHL expansion to different continents could work. The biggest argument for it is that the SHL has no travel and the biggest thing holding international expansion back in the real world is travel costs as well as time zone issues. Even though the benefits are there, I do think it wouldn't really work unless the SHL committed to multiple teams in those areas. The argument against it is how do you balance the divisions? Is a team in Sweden considered an Eastern team? Which division do they go in? I think logistical issues funny enough is the reason I would avoid it being done unless the league fully commits.

Code:
113 words

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The best SHL team to not make the finals is the Manhattan Rage. It might be a bit odd to pick a team that didn't even make it out of round one but the odds were stacked against the Rage. Ola Wagstrom was unfairly punished for the crime he committed, losing 4 playoff games for something that happened way in the past when you could have given regular season games. Had they had him all series, they likely beat Hamilton and give Buffalo a run for their money. Manhattan is stacked all around with multiple 2000 TPE players and a great goaltender in Larson.

Code:
104 words

Code:

Code:

Between the two defence cores, I think Buffalo has the advantage. Even though the Spectors have more high quality defensemen, their best defender is Rex Kirkby. By straight TPE, Buffalo has three defenders better in Darrow, Scoop and Selich. Though their worst defender is worse, it is hard to beat the 3 best defenders in the league over a 7 game series.

Code:
62 words

Code:
d. What is your favorite name from a player appearing in this series? Why do you like that player's name?

My favourite name in this series is easily Lyle Odelein III. Why is this my favourite name when it isn't funny or interesting really at all? It is my favourite solely due to how confusing the name is. Obviously Lyle Odelein I is a real former NHLer. Lyle Odelein III plays on the Spectors. But where exactly is Lyle Odelein II? Has no one ever asked this question?

Code:
68 words

Code:

Obviously the best animal in this series is super obvious. The best animal is the sloth. First, sloths are universally loved. If you're a man and you're trying to figure out a date with a girl you have a crush on, find the nearest sloth and bring her to see it. Instantly she will fall in love. Second, they just kind of hang out and don't do anything too quickly. That sounds super awesome. Sloths rule.

Code:
76 words

Code:

Verification: Buster

16/16

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2020, 11:52 PM by Julio Tokolosh.)

Code:

Julio had a bit of a down year. With 43 (I think?) points in 50 games, Julio made a different difference than he is accustomed to. Early in his career he focused on a balanced rate of play, with strong defense and responsible passing. The previous few seasons Julio has heavily increased his offensive presence. This season, however, Julio reverted back to his defensive style. A +43 through 50 games is a handsome stat to have for someone who’s scoring dropped off by over 20 points. Julio’s balances style greatly complimented free agent mercenaries Theo Morgan and Bo Kane, who both hit personal highs this season and whispered themselves on many high score boards. The postseason saw a little humbling of the lines, and Julio found himself scoring 11 points in 11 games, however he’d prefer to have 0 points in 12+ games, as missing the challenge cup mark this year really stung.

Code:
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective.

The New England Wolfpack are in a rough (ruff?) spot. While Kenvald is an incredibly dedicated member, he’s been put in a hard spot. First, the Wolfpack are going to be down a top earning forward in Eko Van Otter. He’s technically already off the team, but that just opens up New England to get another player poached. It could be argued that it’s one less player to protect, but the opposite end of this is Buffalo, which is competing for the Challenge Cup, and already has a guaranteed “unprotectee” and can only lose possibly 1 more after Van Otter is required to be taken. A clever move on their part. Things get worse in the front office, with a recently punished ex GM and some major losses in the draft, Kenvald is going into the offseason with fewer utilities than most virgin general managers have. HO says that he has a plan and I’ll be rooting for him and the pack to right the ship and take back their spot in the East.

Code:
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -

The SHL should stay based in North America for many reasons. The SHL is successful because it draws on the branding and modeling of its real life counterpart, the NHL. While there are clear differences up and down the spectrum (animal skaters being a large difference, contract structures and player-coaches being a small difference) the similarities between the two are what give the SHL it’s lasting power. It’s the top league, with other more worldwide leagues available (IIHF). Perhaps the SMJHL could slowly mobilize. A streamlined farm system would be too intricate to recreate, but similar to real life, some prospects play in Wills-Barre and some play in Stockholm.

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The Edmonton Blizzard got jobbed and I’m going to bitch and moan like a sore loser. The balance of scoring potential up and down the line up was incredible. The defense has never played more solid. The statistics were there in every category, goals, assists, plus / minus, corsi, wins, et al. The only thing that stopped the icy machine was a hot goaltender (their skaters were actually fine, too. Jimmy Slothface winning it with a breakaway with 3 minutes left is objectively cool). There is perpetually an argument to be made for the Hamilton Steelhawks, but it is my belief that Blizzard were more deserving than them to make it to the finals.

Code:

U.S.A. is the odds on favorite, except if they experience more goalie communication troubles. Cain is going to be les well rested, but more consistent coming straight from his champion routine to the international stage. U.S.A. also has a lot of new blood in the WJC club, and a thirsty master sheep (or ranger jase?) hungry for a second WJC gold. In the IIHF, I can’t think of any teams that are going to be bad, but I imagine Norway gets a little less support from Eko Van Otter in the war room as he preps for a franchise establishing expansion draft, and then root planting primary draft. The US locker room has been playing devil's advocate, planning for any potential goalie miscommunication. Double alarm clocks. Paper printed directions. Roommates/accountability buddies. We’ll be keeping a close eye on our opponents tactics, and also have the GMs on live duty and watching so that we all don’t sit their like helpless boobs as we watch the goalie with the most TPE on the site (until he was passed by Carpy) get benched for a rookie.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

After putting their heads together, the front offices of the New Orleans Spectors and the Buffalo Stampede have combined their efforts into fighting an ailment that plagued both of their towns. Although I don’t like to think of obesity as a disease, as it is cured by movement, not medicine, it courses through New Orleans and Buffalo like the cholesterol through their veins. To raise awareness and money towards beating obesity, the two franchises are hosting a soul food cook off, featuring cajun seafood, buffalo wings, and slow cooked meat from all parts of the pig. There will be an open bar (beer only), and vegetables boiled and prepped with each category. Each team will split up its roster into the a few sections to match with another random section of the opposing team, while both prepping food and serving plates. Darrow and Cain will serve beers in silence as they contemplate the expansion draft. Luffy and Smyth will serve steamed blue crab with corn as Fox and Muller load up the steamer with another bushel.

Code:

RIP Karey

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Code:
Considering how old Brady McIntyre is starting to get I am really happy with how he played this season. Through 50 games McIntyre had 30 points, 10 goals and 20 assists. That's really good for a player who does not have a whole lot left in the tank. I figured that he would have fallen off a little bit more. In the past 5 seasons he has had 36 points, 34 points, 35 points, 35 points and 34 points. If he is going through regression this hard and only dropping by 4 points as well as improving his plus minus drastically all the way up to being +32 then I am more than happy with that performance.

Unfortunately McIntyre likely will not be able to last much longer and I expect him to have to take on a more defensive role. This offseason he will be working mostly on his skating and his strength to help him with being able to make sure he can play better positionally in the defensive zone. (172 words)

Code:
I am extremely excited to see how the expansion draft will play out this off season. Looking at certain teams around the league, especially the top teams like Buffalo, New Orleans, Edmonton and Hamilton, I think there are a lot of players that will make the expansion teams very competitive early on. If you look at a player like Michael Scarn who would be a number one center anywhere (expect for Buffalo apparently) one of the teams is going to be ready to compete from the get go. For the Atlanta Inferno I think the draft is going to play out with them getting Michael Scarn and Duff101 from Manhattan. Based on that they're going to end up being able to build a team that is able to make the playoffs from year one. I doubt they'll be able to make it past the first round though. Regardless, they're going to have a super kickass first season because they have a plethora of great players available. (166 words)

Code:
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America - become a reality in the SHL?
As much as I love the idea of there being European teams in the SHL, I think we shouldn't do that right now. It doesn't really fit in with the league's lore. I would absolutely love it though if a separate league were added that is similar to KHL. That would help keep the lore intact and it would also add a new element where players who are too good for the juniors can beat up on IFAs until they're ready to make the jump to the SMJHL. The idea of adding a team in like Sweden that every team would have to travel to though just does not make sense to me. I like having an iota for realism in this league. (123 words)

Code:
I personally think that Edmonton was the best team to not make the playoffs this season. There's a reason we went to 7 games against the New Orleans Spectors. Yes they are a very good team as well, but we have several players over 1500 TPE including Tony Pepperoni, Brady McIntyre, Karl Scholz, Julio Tokolosh. I don't think we have a single player below 1000 TPE. You could see it in the writeups that were done about the series too that showed we were more likely to win the series. Whether it was coaching or just luck the Spectors did end up winning, but I think most people expected the Blizzard to win the series and rightfully so in my opinion. (121 words)

Code:
My prediction for the upcoming IIHF tournament is that the Czech Republic will win the gold medal over the United States this season. Honestly if you look at our lineup the top lines and pairs are just stacked. Michael Scarn has over 2000 TPE, Luke Thomason has about 1950 TPE, Knox Booth in net has about 1450 TPE, Barret McCarthy on the blue line has 1800 TPE. Then you look at our depth. Czerkawski with 1550 TPE, DeMaricus Smyth at 1350 TPE, Alex Winters at 1500 TPE, David Kastrba at 1450 TPE, Brady McIntyre at 1600 TPE, Andrej Doskocil at 1550 TPE. There are just so many options in both at both offense and defense. Our only weakness is going to be our 4th line but even that will be packed with defensive prospects who are going to kill it defensively and not allow a single shot on net while they're on the ice. Jakob Hamr, Ambacas Cuddles and Mikkel Asmus Sondergard are going to destroy the competition. (168 words)

Code:
The Not Chic Fil A fundraiser! While Chic Fil A does in fact have tasty meats, the time have come for the people to rise up and learn to cook their own damn chicken instead of supporting an anti-LGBTQ+ company.

This fundraiser allows people to sign up for free classes taught by real chefs who work at local restaurants. They teach people different ways cook chicken, deep fried or grilled and send them home with a meal pack for them to cook their first very own home cooked meal. The charity also serves as a soup kitchen where people can go to as an alternative to Chic Fil A and offer donations in exchange for their meal if they are able to.

This non profit organization is about providing services and alternatives to companies with outdated views on the freedoms people are supposed to have under the US constitution. Be sure to support your local Not Chic Fil A branch!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 12:51 AM by juniped.)

ISFL Welfare Claim https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid350900

3. Something I think should be considered that has not been yet is what I think is the obvious. There should be shl franchises in both Antarctica and in the Arctic. Think about it there's ice everywhere, the world will be your natural rink. I personally would pay millions to go sit on an iceberg and watch players Duke It Out Among the floating  Beast  that sank the Titanic. Or plane among the Penguins, the literal penguins. I don't know why nobody has considered this before and I see no reason for it not to become a thing in the shl oh, I think in fact it is a natural progression and if I ever choose to GM this is where I would want to be. Plus it would make it really hard for the media to meet with my players and that would allow them to stay more focused, if only the flight wasn't so bad.
(156 words)

4. The Raptors were ROBBED! After all how can a team with the leanest and the meanest second line in the J not make it to the finals. They were machines on the ice. I mean yeah sure Kelowna was a good team who beat them, but the pure ROBBERY! I respect the team that beat us greatly but I think we were miffed by bad goalie luck. Our goalies haad someone put something in their drinks and they just couldn’t get their heads in the playoffs and get hot, which I think should be investigated ASAP. If our Goalies had not been drugged to stay cold I think Colorado is a shoe in for the Finals and would make it all the way. No Homerism bias I swear.
(128 Words) 

5. Homerism strikes again. I think Sweden really does stand a chance in the wjc this year. I think lead by Sven Svenson the Sweden team has a good chance to go far. I think I, Juni Panda  had a very good showing alongside spend during the Colorado regular season and I think I will be able to contribute a lot to the team this year and hopefully Sweden will be able to go far obviously we aren't the only players for Sweden but I'm bad with names and I have a hard time keeping track of other people. so anyways I think we'll be a surprise and be able to go a lot farther than we did last year.We also, totally forgot are being lead bye a great combo of GM's And I see good things coming from Halkohol/Jonathan Granström As he begins his foray into the GM world with helping lead the Sweden Team. Hopefully we won't be knocked out by Eastern Europe again. (167 Words)

10. https://i.imgur.com/2JK3rnK.png

16. Kappa

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 08:19 PM by Muerto.)

Goku Muerto had an overall below average season even though there were some bright spots. He set a personal career high in assists with 32, thanks in large part to his regular winger Crudelli who was a big time sniper this season. He also got 2 points on the PK this season which was the first time he ever did that. However, otherwise he saw an almost across-the-board decline in all relevant stats. He got 11 points on the powerplay, which was a major drop over previous seasons, which is where he usually got a good bulk of his points, Also his goal scoring dropped by over half, largely because of a dismal shooting percentage. Also way too many giveaways, a terrible +/-, and too many penalties without having many hits at all. Perhaps it is to be expected that his performance won't get much better as he continues to deal with regression. Perhaps he can have a rebound performance next season but chances are he won't ever surpass his peaks. However, another season similar decline and retirement might start looking more and more appealing.

There are a few good prospect players in this draft that an expansion team could use as the foundation for their growth. I don't think there as many top flight players available in this expansion that you could build an immediately-contending team the way NOLA did. But the best players are likely still to get taken as they will at least provide some assets which could be used in trades to gain more prospects or draft picks in the coming seasons. especially near trade deadline as the top teams might be looking to bulk up for a playoff run. Also you pretty much want to go for active rather than inactive players so the early rounds will definitely feature I think active star players and active good young/prospect players. Then your active regressing players, then active mid-range players, and finally the inactives selected to round out the roster. From an SHL GM perspective, the expansion draft will hit different teams harder than others. For Winnipeg, we are going to lose 2 players off our roster that I would rather have kept, that will have to be replaced somehow. It looks like we will have to be pretty busy in the Free Agent period because those players need to be replaced now, not later, and the current prospect pool for WPG has some good players but they aren't quite ready to make the jump yet. Which will obviously affect how we draft because we will have to limit ourselves to 1 or 2 picks just to have money available for attracting new players.

While I think it would be fun to have some European teams in the league, I feel you'd probably want to have at least one Euro division of 4-5 teams rather than just 1 random European team stuck in there somewhere. As well, I think you'd have to justify these teams being in cities that obviously have some large hockey following, maybe like in Sweden or Russia or similar. I know my own expansion idea for that PT was to go to Reykjavik, Iceland, but that was more just because that's where my player is from, truthfully it would be probably a hard sell as an actual expansion team. As far as any other place in the world other than Europe or North America, I don't think that would go over very well because there just isn't that much of a hockey culture outside of those markets and to move a team to say, Africa or South America or the like would just be trolling.

I would say the Chicago Syndicate are the best team out there that so far has been unable to make the finals. This season they seemed to have a few stretches where they just couldn't put wins together, but it's not from lack of talent. They have a top 6 that rivals anyone in the league, and their 3rd line is definitely in the top half, so they can compete at a skill level that few others can. Also their goaltender is very solid and matches up well with most other teams. So why haven't they broke through yet? Because they play in a conference with 2 of the other best teams in the league and it's a dogfight there every season it seems. I hope they don't get discouraged because they are a very good team and if they keep fighting they will make it through soon enough.

It is hard to imagine 2 cities as different as Buffalo and New Orleans - one is a south coast city best known for being a really fun place with great food, music, and festivals; the other is Buffalo. But there is something both have in common and that is a need for better health and fitness amongst the youth - stats say an alarming amount of teenagers are overweight and inactive! This will lead to worsening health as they get older, so in the spirit of preventing rather than curing, both cities did fundraisers with the players showing up around public places and getting the kids to have fun being active, things like 3 on 3 scrimmages, skills contests, but even just showing that getting out and being active can be fun and is not limited to only the 'athletes'. They would also get other local celebrities and public figures to show up and really encourage it. All funds collected would then go to building 'activity' centers in underprivileged areas of the city or in districts where teen health was more of an issue.

buckfuff

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 08:24 PM by 5ympathies.)

1. Most people in my shoes would be ecstatic. I had a hell of a season: 65 points. Good for top 5? in the league, something close to that. But I am disappointed as there was nothing more I wanted than to be the points leader of the season. For so many games of the season I was so close, at one point only 3 points between Luffy for #1. But unfortunately at the end of the season I couldn't close, going pointless in so many games when those behind me caught up and eventually overtook me. The biggest dagger of all was Aaron Wilson, test simming me to hit close to if not over 100 points but then at the very end taking the lead for points in the entire SHL. Maybe I'll reach that illustrious mark some day, but this season it was not it. Regression starts now, which is just going to make it harder every season.

2. The expansion draft has already happened because I'm lazy, but I am going to pretend like I have written this before it happened, but we all know that's not true. I think whoever has the first pick, (Seattle) will do better simply because they get to take a 2000 TPE player from Buffalo, either the dumb choice in Michael Scarn, as he would then have the ability to walk in FA, or the smart choice in Cassius Darrow, a defence-man who still has time on his contract and either will play for Seattle or will be traded for picks/prospects. In this case, Tig made the obvious choice of taking Darrow, and as it stands, albeit, its only been a single day since the draft, all signs are looking like Darrow will be a part of the starting lineup once the season begins. I can't say for sure, but both seem to be looking forward to build a(nother) legacy for Seattle together. Once you get past the half way mark of the expansion draft, however, it's kind of a crapshoot as your praying that the in-actives you have selected, come back and update for you, else you are stuck with corpses that will eventually get overtaken on the depth charts as the team begins to come to life.

3. Expansion into other continents seems like an awful idea. Imagine the travel time in between each game. Having a SMJHL team in Anchorage is already absurd in my opinion, with the next closest team being most likely Kelowna. If the SMJHL is akin to the AHL, they must be taking buses everywhere. Imagine taking a bus from Alaska all the way to the BC and then having to continue down into the US. With COVID and everything going on these days, even getting allowed into different countries to play must be a nightmare. It might be cool to have an entire European division of the SHL, but one where European teams play against each other and dont play against North American teams.

4. Who even answers this question and doesn't name their own team? Of course I have to say the best team that didn't make it was Hamilton, just purely because of my own bias. And if we lose to the team that doesn't even become the eventual cup winner, well then we lost for nothing. Buffalo better step up big here tomorrow morning and take the win in game 7, otherwise I will be doubly disappointed in the playoffs. Yea last year NOLA beat Hamilton, but I wasn't on the team yet and neither was my friend Guy Zheng. It's a whole new team now, and with supporting cast members Wilson and whoever apricots player is "we got a fucking squad now" x4.

5. My predictions for the upcoming tourney this week are pretty safe. I'm going to go out and say either Canada, the US, or Great Britain gets gold, and the other teams listed still medal. In my predictions for TPE, I went Canada - Gold, USA - Silver, and GB - Bronze, but honestly that's a biased pick from me and I think the USA would be more favoured over Canada. Returning as an Alternate Captain, once again, I will be leading the team as the highest TPE player, depending on what the file is looking like, most likely at around 2070 TPE, with at least 70 of it banked in order to make regression easier for me. This years GB squad, according to goldenglutes the IIHF GM, (not gonna tag, cause there's no point) is the strongest that they have ever had, and considering they gold Silver last year, they are looking to do even better this season.

16. Clapper

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 06:58 PM by JNH.)

I thought my player fared decently well this season.  When it was all said and done, he nearly hit the point per game mark despite an absolutely horrid start to the season that saw most fantasy teams drop Westbroek.  It was a little heartening to see that most of the worst fantasy drops of the season involved both Westbroek and Selman.  I don't know if it was anything that could be attributed to past luck.  Westy was one of the top scorers from the previous season and then in the offseason led the IIHF tournament in goal scoring.  It wasn't foreseeable that he'd put up a slow start other than if someone knew that he'd be shooting 2% for the first half of the season.  Even as it was, Martijn finished with a shooting percentage of 7.5% which was good for 14 goals.  If that notched up to even 10%, it would have pushed him to 18 goals and 52 points, good for over a point per game.  With one last season before regression, I wouldn't be surprised to see a return to form for Westbroek.  With Chicago as a whole having a tough season, that won't last and they'll come back this season hungry for revenge.

The answer to this is obviously the Chicago Syndicate.  They have assembled truly a fantastic roster and aren't far off a championship calibre squad.  They had a tough year with puck luck and couldn't seem to get much to go, similar to the Wolfpack last season.  I'd be surprised to see them blow it up though as New England did.  It wouldn't be a pertinent move, they have the players, just need to get FHM on their side and a couple more bounces going their way next season.  Soonika is a top goalie, D Smeb is arguably the MVP of the SHL season and they don't have many players regressing.  There's a lot to like.

For the upcoming IIHF tournament, I think that Japan will come back after their first taste of success last season and be ready to buzz back into the medal rounds. They're a team with a lot of their players coming into their prime and becoming real high quality SHL players. With the youngsters like Klompus, Sato and Minamino finding their footing as well as their goalie of the future in Saarinen continuing to get better, the future is bright for the Japanese team. They have the offensive firepower to back it up with league leading scorer Monkey D Luffy and consistent top scorer Daniel Smeb firing up the offense. Westbroek led last year's tournament in goals and will be looking to do more of the same this year. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see Finland stink it up. That Jukka Timonen guy throws really hard in fall guys and I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring that same mindset to the hockey rink.

I find it hard to believe that the Maine Timber and the Newfoundland Berserkers would have teamed up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. The Berserkers do plenty well to benefit St. John's and Maine is a terrible city, so we wouldn't believe in such an initiative. In that case, we'll act as if this is meant to be between NOLA and Buffalo. Wait... it's also hard to believe that these teams would have any interest in working together before their series and certainly not after their series. If this was to take place, I think we'd see Luffy sucker punch Cain at the buffet table. Finn would go up to give a speech to thank everyone, and then throw shade at NOLA's management continuously. Darnell Johnson would aggressively forecheck Matt Kholin through the donation table. Michael Scarn would grab the autographed Rintarou Okabe stick off the raffle table and break it over Joe K's head. It would be carnage. The league would have thought about this and set up pay per view. That was the real fundraiser all along. Millions would go to benefit the city of Chicago because they'd deserve it more. Beautifully done.

TRIVIA - COMPLETED. VWORD = SDCore (+3 TPE)

14/16 TPE completed

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

This season for me was pretty great, after a bunch of trades in the offseason I got promoted to the 1st line. I made the most out of my first season on the 1st line by scoring a career high 41 points. Out of those 41 points, 20 of them were goals, meaning I crossed the elusive 20 goal mark for the first time in my career. One thing I wasn't super happy with was turning the puck over way more then I had takeaways which isn't great. I think this offseason I will be focusing on improving on defense and physical attributes as I think my offense is already pretty good. I plan to keep pace with my offensive numbers and maybe even getting higher along with being more responsible with the puck. We'll have to see what the team looks like next year but as long as me and Captain McShotty are on a line together I expect to do well.

This is the first SHL expansion I've seen and I think both teams have a chance to build an in the hunt playoff team. While the Seattle Argonauts are in the slightly easier division but I will never bet against Hotdog and the new Atlanta Inferno. Both teams have some decent talent to pick from in the expansion draft. Obviously Eko Van Otter and Tig Murphy will be joining Atlanta and Seattle respectively giving both teams borderline superstars at the centers of each team. Throw in players like Cassius Darrow, Akashi Sixnine, Reginald MacIntyre, Samat Beibitzhanov, Igor Volkov, Otis B Driftwood, Theo Morgan, Bo Kane, Kaarlo Kekkonen, Boris Poroshenko, and Aleister Cain, and you could definitely be in the running for making the playoffs. But we don't know what's going on in these team's backrooms, will we see some draft picks given up to protect some unprotected players? It's happened before and will be interesting to see if it happens in this expansion draft.

Since the switch to FHM the 2 North American teams have dominated the IIHF tournaments, and while I think it will continue I believe there are a few teams that can challenge for medals and even an upset for Gold. Teams like Czechia and Great Britain are Canada and the US's biggest threats while Austria and Sweden being dark horses to medal. The USA last tournament lead the completion in goals scored and goals allowed. But Austria also brings the offense only scoring 4 less goals during round robin play, and Great Britain only allowing 2 less goals then the USA. On top of that Japan, and Sweden have some very dangerous 1st lines along with some good defense and good goal tending. I think the bottom 3 teams last tournament (Lativa, Germany, and Russia) will be better then they were last season and surprise some teams. It will be an interesting tournament and I can't want for it to start.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words
I gotta give the advantage to the Specters. New Orleans lead by Rex Kirkby and Lyle Odelein III anchor a strong defense in front of one best goalies ever in Aleister Cain. Odelein III has been extremely good for awhile and one of the best Ds in the SHL. Plus there's Kaspars Claude, Darnell Johnson, Charlie Serpe, and the legendary DeMaricus Smyth.

I don't think home ice advantage will be to much of a factor, while the home team won the both games the playoffs are a different animal. Buffalo has been the best team this season both home and away so they know how it win on the road. There are multiple factors that will determine this series but home ice won't be it.

My favorite name this series is New Orleans Defenseman Rex Kirkby, the simple reason is everytime I see his name I think it's Rex Kirby. I was teammates with Rex for two seasons and still get the name wrong, honestly I think his name would be better if it was Rex Kirby. As Kirby is a good cartoon character and very annoying to play against in Smash Brothers.

The easiest question ever, give me the otter. Otter's have a special pouch on their body and rumor has it hockey otter Eko Van Otter has a special pouch were he keeps his special puck. Otters are known to smash oysters and spread them out across their bellies and eat them, and who doesn't love that? Plus otters are adorable and that's an undisputed fact.

Starset

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 03:12 AM by suavemente.)

1) Kalashnikov had a great season with the timber, considering especially the fact that at the time of writing this CW the Maine Timber are still en route to the championship and just have one remaining rival team to beat for glory. Being captain of this great squad and having Maine management back my every request and desire has been an experience that I’ll always cherish. This season has been a stud-factory for Maine and I am so happy with the direction the team is heading, after not making the playoffs for 2 seasons and now to be in the championship I am so hyped, all of the love inside the team is just amazing to witness, and to be a part of it just feels great. I cannot thank @Citizen of Adraa or @CementHands enough for their time, effort, and passion for the team. This past season has been a rough time for me personally but SHL has been a source of happiness and companionship that I am so thankful to have.  Timber

2) Baltimore Platoon are in a particularly good situation to be heading into an expansion draft season. The timing of the rebuild means that most of the rising core can be easily protected, thus putting us in a great position to move forward with minimal stolen assets from the expansion. Kinda bummed that the Atlanta Inferno now alphabetically beat Baltimore but that is a score that I’m sure will be settled on the ice. Excited to see how this shakes up more stacked teams that have only so many protections. I think this will be a great equalizer that will bring the top teams down and leave the rebuilding teams relatively unscathed. Maybe Buffalo, Texas, or NOLA have the worst time with the expansion as all three of those teams are currently rocking. This next season has a lot of potential for upsets and surprises so I’m super excited for the future!

3) I think the beauty of SHL is the fact that it is not restricted by logistics and hockey markets. I absolutely believe that expanding to other continents allows for more creativity in both team design and league flavor. Some of my previous international concepts include: Ulanbaataar Khans, Alsace-Lorraine Crusaders, Istanbul Cannons, Sapporo Ronin, Lagos Angels, Phuket Pyros, and Azerbaijan Azures. I love the potential of international teams and think they would be a great change-up to the SHL makeup of the market. I would love the opportunity to take one of these international teams by the helm and set a standard for expansion into the world market. Please HO make this happen!

8)
 [Image: d4PP3la.png]
11)

[Image: lVV13dz.png]

16) Pongo

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

Overall I think Slimey Snail had a decent season, at least for what my goal for the players is. I think that Snail has definitely been one of the better defense focused defensemen this season which I really liked to see along with the related stats like the 138 hits, 29 takeaways, and 98 shots blocked. All these helped Slimey finish the season with a 75 defensive rating. On the other hand I was kind of disappointed in the amount of giveaways Snail had which was almost 20 more than he had takeaways. Even contributing what points he could on offense with 15, Snail seemed to not do well overall since he ended the season with the second lowest offensive game rating. This was probably an improvement from last season but I doubt it's that good considering how useless Snail is offensively and I just hope Snail won’t have so many giveaways in the future.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3  

Oats

[Image: snail.png]

ISFL Welfare +3
1. So I feel like big daddy Chad Bork Lazer had one of the best pure defensive seasons in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. Bork Lazer had one of the most dominate seasons from a giveaway takeaway perspective. 42 takeaways and only 15 giveaways. Bork Lazer brought the pain as well delivering 100+ bone crushing hits on the blue line as well. Bork Lazer also came in 2nd place for plus and minus stand point. What I think was the most impressive on the season was Bork Lazer recorded three game ratings in the the top 10 of the whole season. Bork Lazer would end up with a very impressive 78 defensive grade on the season as well. Not to be only one sided Bork Lazer even did some work from an offensive stand point. Bork Lazer recorded 19 points on the season to help out the Anchorage Armada. What he needs to improve on is actually bringing the 4 star championship home.
Code:
168 words +3
3. You know what continent could use a hockey team in the Simulation Hockey League. South America. There is one specific country that comes to mind exactly and that is Columbia. The country of columbia is used to dealing with snow all the time so I'm sure they would fare well with ice. Now I was thinking of branding for Columbia and I think we could make the Columbia Cartel. If that is not gonna work we could Always go something more family friendly as well. The Columbia Cobras. That would work as well because I'm sure there are Cobras or something like that there as well.
106 words +2
4. What team was the best team to not make it to the finals in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. That is easy the Anchorage Armada. Now do not get me wrong Maine Timber is not a bad team. I just think in my professional opinion they got very lucky winning against us. We had 3 to 1 lead in the series. In game 5 and 6 the Anchorage Armada was outshooting the Maine Timber by damn near double. Then the dumbass game 7 happened where schoocie forgot that he was a goalie and let all the goals go by. I believe if we played another 7 game series Anchorage wins it.
112 Words +2
5. What is Bork Lazer a prediction for the World Junior Championship. same as last season. The greatest country in the entire world will bring the gold back home. The united states team is bringing back almost its entire gold medal winning team from last season. Not to mention the entire defense has gotten better as well. I have a feeling that it will be a quick World Junior championship for the United States. The coaches of the world junior championship united states need to just name Bork Lazer as the captain of the team. If the Chad is leading out the United States team all the entire team will end up being chads and playing their best game. Which teams will surprise us will be that none of the other countries will even stand a chance against the united states. They all will be bad in comparison to the united states of america world junior championship team.
157 words +3
16. Verification WORD: Bork
+3

[Image: lazer2.png]

Code:

Actually this has been really twofaced season for Chris Goodname. I experimented with my player and in the result I’m not satisfied but this season was not complete downfall. I found out other side of the coin. This season Goodname was mostly improved on physical attributes and even before he was physical attributes oriented. Results were scoreless but on the otherside he was suberb on PDO and +/- ratio of the team. So I found few key elements for defensive two-way defender. Funny but in the playoffs Goodname showed amazing results in scoring. Especially offensive rating. I mean when You stack up physical attributes You’re basically marionette of coach. Of course I would like to see better achievent in assists and +/- but lack of goals was sad. I think I will improve his ability to shoot the puck! But I’m sick person – so I’ll add bunch of TPE for physical too.

Code:

As a Calgary Dragons prospect I’m totally happy that there is no allowed to take away prospects. I’m deeply disappointed that I won’t be able to play with every person who is in this amazing locker room. I don’t like expansion drafts in forums but I deeply like follow such an events in the real life. Like Golden Knights expansion draft. I was following it and doing my own expansion draft team roster. I will absolutely do the same with Seattle Kraken. Actually it would be fun even for “mortal players” to make expansion team own rosters (not like prediction but more like fantasy) and then make competition who picked best roster. Addionally would be cool that extra points get for guessed player that was taken in expansion draft! It would be fun but I generally don’t like the feeling I lost some of my teammates. My hearth is shattered! But I approve number of franchise increase. It is natural for growth of the league.

Code:

I think we should reject those ideas. SHLs signature is having North-American teams. This is like analog of NHL. I like that VHL has European team conference. I very like the names of their teams and especially “Riga Reign” and Scandinavian franchises are well diserved. But it is their identity and if SHL goes that way…. I think it wouldn’t fit. If SHL would have farm-league in Europe or analog of real life KHL then I’d give my approval of that. Team that represents SHL must be from North America and must refect hockey popular or wealthy cities that could be approved in real life too. Being sort of realistic is big + for SHL.
Code:

They might say I’m not speaking objective but I’ll say Calgary Dragons. I mean team was unstopabble in the end of season. The thrust/drive of this team was monstrous. I must admit that they faced very strong opponent – the New Orleans Specters. And say no more they head into finals. Dragons had a rough start and sometimes game of goaltender Kata Vilde was not the best but somewhere about moment when Cale Amundsen won few shootouts the good game transferred to Vilde too. The confident game. Also actually not the start was rough but the middle period. At the start Barry Batsbak was outstanding.

Code:

As a part of UCORCAL I can say that team is full of young talent. Later these players will be superstarts in their SHL teams or IIHF tournament team. So I’m gonna put my chip on this team. I think Swedish and Finnish era gonna end soon. I believe this season will be ok but after that I think in WJC they could fall a bit. Also Team World lost good goalies (as I heard, haven’t checked for truth) so it would be natural that they had natural downfall season. No potentional comment about DACH I have not. Only if they could get lucky (like Berni on fire or something like that) then this team could suprise! In my opinion Team Canada and USA will be strong as usual fighting for nr. 1. spot and actually it will be decided after 1 or 2 mistakes by plaing in group B. Brits are shady stuff. Actually everyone is respectable opponent!

Code:

Hmmm…. Maine and Newfoundland? I’m not North American citizen or illegal worker or even a tourist so this stuff is new for me. Maine You say… Well their team is named Timber so propably they could make charity of wood. Send timbers… Naaah thats stupid. Better something green like planting a trees and making better enviroment in state of Newfoundland. That could be Maines activity. New Foundland could make viking armors and weapons… nahh … thats stupid too… If I’m right they had something related to Labradors. They could go to foster houses and share puppies with them… Like cuddling? I’m really bad at this… Do people do like that? Ok. Lets say that works. The noble cause and benefit has done. Exchange for both homes of SMJHL teams. Both east. … Fundriser You say…. And charity all the way. Then later cuddle with puppies goes to people who can pay and then planting of trees goes to people who can pay too…. I think both teams will mesh before finals very well but seriosly this is the last time I’m gonna do this kind of written TPE. I don’t know know what the hell happened.