Create Account

S56 Seattle Argonauts Interested Prospects Thread

Hey! I'm Tig, the inaugural GM of the newly-revealed Seattle Argonauts of the SHL. A huge part of building an expansion franchise from the ground up is bringing in quality young players through the draft that will build their way into being some of our franchise's first superstars. There's going to be a ton of opportunity in Seattle, whether that be on the roster for your player or to help define a strong, tightly-knit locker room culture for years to come. Joining Seattle and building a franchise together will be a unique experience and I'm excited to get to know this season's rookie class better as we approach the draft. Your responses to the following questions are very much appreciated and help me a lot in my preparation for the draft, so thank you for taking the time to fill it out. It gets a lot of the more boring formalities out of the way so when I follow up with you it's more of a conversation than an interview!

Code:
1. Do you use Discord? If so, how much?
2. How would you rate your activity on a scale of 1-5?
3. Do you prefer writing media or creating graphics, if either? Alternately, do you have a site job/would you want to take one on?
4. Is there anything coming up in your life that may affect your activity?
5. Outside of the SHL, what do you do for fun?
6. What's something you're looking for in a locker room?
7. What's something you bring to the table that would help an expansion team build for the future?

I'm looking forward to chatting with you more in advance of the draft this offseason!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

No thank you!

[Image: 3.png]

I do, always checking in throughout the day

Solid 5
3. Do you prefer writing media or creating graphics, if either? Alternately, do you have a site job/would you want to take one on?
At the moment, writing media. Would like to learn eventually to create graphics too, as opposed to getting a site job.

Beer league starting up soon, will be my chance to make the bigs. But no

Play hockey, video games, read.

Positive environment and fun.

7. What's something you bring to the table that would help an expansion team build for the future?
Consistency and a fast growing player

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2020, 03:26 AM by jRuutu.)

Yes, not much but I do try to check in every day.

Fair 4 maybe, or 3. I do the point tasks and spend some time on the site as well.

Writing media, I cant do anything graphics related and what comes down to site jobs, I don't have one and I'm not planning on getting one in the near future. (No time or energy/interest)

Nope, I should be able to keep current activity level up.

Lately I have been reading more, which has been fun. Also, playing videogames here and there is usually fun.

My stick maybe, I only have few but it's surprisingly easy to lose those in a room that has a lot of sticks.

Active player

- honestly, a lot. I’m on it daily. If it were a 1-10 it’d be a 9.

- 4.5. I’ll do virtually every task, but my money & media might lack a bit 

- no job, but I will try and write 1 media piece a season. 

- definitely not. My life’s been consistent for a few years now

- I love watching sports, video games, and traveling with my girlfriend. 

- just an atmosphere where we are all bought into the culture/team. I know expansions can be tough to get going, at least in the leagues I’m familiar with.

- just excitement. I’m new to this league and want to make a name for myself here

Yes,I check it multiple times a day 

I really enjoy writing media and I'm not opposed to a site job just feel as a brand new member to the site I'd like to get more accustomed with the site the people ect ect 

Nope

I really like to fish, hike, watching hockey and football, play video games/board games 

A chill locker room beaming with positivity 

Well I have experience playing around with fhm and I'm 100% a team first kinda guy always willing to put the teams success ahead of my players individual success

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2020, 03:39 PM by grok.)

Yeah, all the time!

On a normal week I would say 3-4, but since I've been in quarantine it's an easy 5

Usually I will write media if I need cash, but between our podcast and my job helping the SHL development group I haven't needed to a lot. I do write for SHN sometimes as well, which helps.

Sometimes I work weird hours, but I don't see anything big on the horizon

Universally SHL players watch hockey and play video games, but I also have a little home studio where I play and practice music

Culture of acceptance and inclusion is number one most important to me. I also like reading the first letter of each answer.

Killer activity and locker room driving. I also like reading the first letter of each answer.

im in

Yes, daily for entirely too long.

Sick graphics yo.
No
Outdoorsy stuff
Lockers, rat tails
Positivity and an unrelenting loyalty to the highest bidder.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

I have notifications on in my SMJHL team's locker room and it'd probably be the same for my SHL team so a lot.
I'm gonna give myself a 5. I spend more time on here than I probably should because I get bored a lot.
I prefer creating graphics but I'm better at writing media, though I enjoy doing both. I'm not looking to take on a site job at the moment because I'm still a little bit new to everything, but never say never.
Nothing that would affect the SHL! Every once in awhile I'll go camping for a couple days and lose service but other than that I'll be active.
I like to hang out with friends and do stuff with them, experience nature with hikes and camping, and I also enjoy my time alone to relax and watch TV and stuff.
I like an active locker full of chill people.
My player, Mat Smith.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2020, 09:03 AM by Salming.)

- Daily.
- I will do all the tasks every week and watch games from Youtube streams almost every day.
- Writing. I am not interested about site jobs.
- Probably not.
- Play and watch sports.
- An atmosphere which is passionate and determined.
- I will be like Reilly Smith, solid two-way player who can score points and kill penalties, if needed. I am a fan of another expansion team in real life, Vegas Golden Knigts, so that's why I joined to SMJHL expansion team Quebec City Citadelles and would love to be picked to SHL expansion team because I am a person who don't like to go a table which is ready and full. I want to be a part of original building project. Of course my goal is to play at least three more seasons in SMJHL because I want to set some franchise records also on Quebec and win the junior cup there but it would be an honour to be drafted by an SHL expansion organisation too and be a part of its first championships team in the far future.

[Image: salming.png]

I'm on Discord almost all day, every day.
Big ol' 5.
Media writing. I am absolutely terrible at GFX-making.
Nope.
Play video games, mostly. Not much else I really CAN do, to be honest.
Mostly just a friendly group of guys.
Goalscoring ability, probably. In my rookie SMJHL season on a third line for a rebuilding team, I scored 8 goals. Assuming that's decent, then I should be able to do just about the same or even better for the SHL when I'm a bit more developed.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Yes, I'm usually on Discord quite a lot every day. @drectorscut#9644
I prefer to write media
Nope
Other than sim leagues I play lots of video games and read comic books 
Active with fun conversations 

Max earning and willingness to write media.

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

Yes. Quite a bit.

Graphics once I get a laptop that doesn't suck.

Nah

Workout, guitar, fish, hike, etc.

Guys who aren't douches

Experience

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Yes. I'm available pretty much all day/most of the night. It's a problem.

Probably a 4? Not going quite as full tilt as ISFL but active enough to keep up on PTs and chat with folks in the LR.

Haven't seen a job I'd probably qualify for, but would likely apply if one came up. Will do either media or gfx, but usually go for gfx because I could probably use more practice.

Not that I'm aware of.

Play in the ISFL and co-GM a team over there. Play a lot of tabletop and video games, go on hikes from time to time. Bunch of stuff.

Just looking for a chill locker room with a good sense of humor. Would love to join a group that gels and has some fun, win or lose.

Might bring a fresh perspective to the team as a new player. Also I'm an active locker room presence that can get discussion going and help to build relationships that help to create a good team culture.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!