Create Account

(Graded) Deep Dive #1 - The + & - of S55 Nevada Battleborn..
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 03:09 PM by Scrufdaddy.)

*DD#1*
A Deep Dive into the Positive and Negative of the S55 Nevada Battleborn.

As I’m a late arrival to the new FHM based SMJHL  I’ll try and keep this based simply on the stats from the S55 regular season. I’ll try and balance a positive with the unfortunate negative aspects from this first season for the Battleborn
The Positive: Goal Scoring..
On a team that only managed 102 goals in the season these three were essential.
1.)Zelma Zuntnere 18G-7A-25Pts. Zel was the top gun of the Nevada forwards.
2.)Raivo Helminen  13G-4A-17Pts. Raivo had a team best shooting percentage of 26%.
And the third member of the trio was ...
3.)Gavin Wallace  10G-15A-25Pts. Wallace and Zuntnere tied for the team lead in points at 25  in this inaugural season in Las Vegas.
And admittedly in the short painful S55 playoffs (4 games and thanks for stopping by) several rookies stepped up Oskar Baldus(3G-1A-4Pts.) Bane (1G-1A-2Pts.) Alexis Vermette and Tanjiro Kamado each With 1G .

The top pair of defensemen that contributed on offense during S55  Sachimo Zoidberg (5G-14A-19Pts.) and Tanjiro Kamado(4G-12A-16Pts.)

The Negative: Goal Scoring..
“On a team that only managed 102 goals in the season these three were essential.”...crack the seal and pour a double shot of Jack cause that’s reason enough to start drinking... Yes I’m repeating that first line cause it ain’t good... 41 of those 102 goals scored by JUST 3 players..that’s 41.82% . Yes, I see the roster has a large number of true rookies and I’m told that development takes longer in this new FHM game... And I hear you saying “Goal scoring will be better next season.”.. from your lips to Gods ear..pour another double.

The Positve: The Defence or Defense..
Let’s just say it will get better...But, it was not easy to look at the stats and try and find positives..but here goes.
Both Vili Afalava and Bane tried to hit opposing players 101 and 99 And they blocked some shots 95 and 87 respectively. Sachimo Zoidberg III was the team leader in Shot blocks with 127 ..and he gets a hearty Thank you from his goalies.
It would be cruel to dwell on the negatives but, I need 500 words..

The Negative: The Defence or Defense-less..
I’m gonna refuse to list the  deficiencies of my teammates..I know you were expecting a lot of inflammatory chirps about how so and so can’t seem to find the checking button and so and so only thinks with the little offense head even though he created a Defenceman...I’m gonna say simply that the team was horrendous in about every defensive category. And why “Fearless Phil Weaver doesn’t have PTSD from all the frozen galvanized rubber that was shot at him only god knows...
This applies to the whole team and since there’s the “FREE” redistribution for first year players hopefully this may come about...Good Offence is the result of Great Defence ...and... DEFENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS ....moving on.

The Positive: The Netminders

The Mutt and Jeff team of “Fearless” Phil Weaver and that tall guy...his name eludes me right now.
They’re both better than decent, they might even be damn good given another season of development. Prior to the arrival of that tall guy. “Fearless” played over 30+ straight game facing a league high 1400 shots. He still managed a outstanding .902%  Save percentage . And even managed a Shutout victory.
Season stats for Weaver 38 games (8W-28L-2OTL. a 4.13GAA)

After his late season signing that tall guy ..(me) ,did okay..Appearing in 13 games (2W-8L-2OTL.) with a 3.64GAA and a .914 Save %
Both got 2 starts each in the short Battleborn playoff appearance. But, I’ll let you research those stats since neither of us could steal a victory.

The Negative: The Netminders

They both need to continue to work and develop...meaning they need More Points.

Ending on a Positive..

To end this on a Positive let’s mention the Battleborn locker room of a core of caring and committed players led by a managing team of two really outstanding members @Jearim and @Nokazoa... they  are fully engaged in making the Nevada Battleborn a model franchise in the SMJHL and even though I disdain discord , (As technology has never been my fan and I hate typing.) When I do check in every 2-3 days they’re always welcoming, easily engaged and helpfully friendly. You really can’t ask for more. As I’ve reached well over 700 words and I’m half way to the label this Deep Dive is over... Thanks for reading (750 per wordcounter)

Approved! +5 TPE @Wawazat

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa