Create Account

Why each Kraken getting the call will be: ..the G.O.A.T. for their new teams?
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 04:42 PM by overdoo.)

[1076 words, ready for grading]

Intro was completely stolen and then edited from one of @sve7en's old draft articles, and replaced to fit this article. Please DO NOT count it in grading.

Hype man Overdoo here on this beautiful completely regular day to make one final warning to the teams of the SHL. The Carolina Kraken assembled one of the best locker room's, and teams these last few seasons, while coming from a pre-Fuzz Montreal Militia era (no hate, just heard stories). While we have won a Four Star Cup, that doesn't show how great all these guys are on their own, along with how much work they put into the team, or sometimes league, just to improve. I’m here to tell you why you should be looking at these amazing people and players who have made my first season of (alternate) leadership in Carolina truly special despite not having the end to the playoff run we were all hoping for.

Every single one of these users has made the Carolina locker room better, are worth consideration into the HoF already, and I would happily vouch for their characters based what I've seen my past couple seasons.

By order of acquisition (I hope):

Fox "Fuzzy Bear" McCloud - General Manager

[Image: avatar_3534.png]

@FuzzSHL

The guy managed take a questionable Montreal team, and win in his first year. He continued to create the Kraken branding, and won again for a back to back. He fully transformed the Carolina Kraken locker room to one of the best in the SMJHL, and he brought them to yet another Four Star Cup in S54. He has shown every sign that he is able, and willing to do the exact same with the Los Angeles Panthers, except without the relocation. He was one of the better choices for the role, and will do well. Thing is, he ain't going to do as good as Trella, since Fox has already played more than a few games in the SHL, but the sentiment is still there. Behold one of the best SMJHL GM's to ever live, and in 15 seasons, you can probably add SHL to that title as well. Absolute mastermind, and a masterpiece of a guy. 

Jimmy "Breakaway" Wagner - Right Wing - 6th overall pick (5th overall to the Los Angeles Panthers)

I know while writing this that I probably will forget something I wanted to say. This man is one of the most dedicated users I have talked to on this site, and has done so much for the Kraken Organization, which is just a single reason on why he was named co not too long ago. He does a weekly podcast, and a quality one nonetheless, he does graphics, two free ones going to every rookie we draft, along with starting to teach/give me tips on how to use Photoshop. He is the first to find anything TPE related, whether in the SHL or SMJHL, and sends the link to the team, and he manages to send the link to every damn simulation in the first minute, just so everyone who wants to watch doesn't miss it. Last season's playoffs, I could not find a moment he did not have FHM up and running on his computer. I genuinely believe that between game 5, and game 6 against the Outlaws, he was testing. Just a huge reason of many we were able to win that series. He and Fuzz are the hardest workers on the team and I am so delighted that Sve7en is staying with us through the GM role, even if his player is departing. 

That is just what he does for the site, however. Sve7en is fun to talk to, and one of the few guys that screams with me after every goal. I'm sure everyone in Los Angeles already knows this, but he is a treat and a half to have in your locker room. 

Maybe share some recipes to all that food you post though, eh Sve7en?

Ambacas "Femboy Hooters" Cuddles - Right Defense - 15th overall pick (2nd overall to the Tampa Bay Barracuda)

Someone needs to make this guy a sig

There is a reason Trella was (somewhat?) recently named the General Manager of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. In his time with the Carolina Kraken, he has been Fuzz's not-so-sidekick-ish sidekick, helping to transform what was the former Montreal Militia into a very successful relocation. The two straight up have three Four Star Cup's to their names in seven years, and have made one of the best locker room's in the SMJHL, thanks for the opinion @ "luketd". He is humble, and while on the quiet end he knows when to speak up and he is usually heard. Dedicated to the league, I have no trouble believing he will be one of the best in TBB history. Now you may ask, as a GM, or a player? Both, stupid question. Next.

Ben "I did something?" van Dijk - Right Defense - Undrafted Free Agent (34th overall to the Minnesota Chiefs)
[Image: benoconnor.png]

Ben is always fun to talk to, whether in the locker room or not. He's a good dude, and I really don't think anyone would say otherwise. Ben van Dijk just had an amazing season in Carolina as well, winning the award for best defenseman, and really just not getting recognition as a whole due to how well the Kraken blue line played last year. Minnesota is adding a good one to their team this season, and right as their new branding is revealed as well. It is the Van Dijk era.

Dwight "The Phony" Knight - Left Wing - 21st overall pick (4th overall to the Tampa Bay Barracuda)

[Image: sigtight.png]

@hockeyiscool

The man who holds the Hockey Talk Tonight podcast together by all means, he is in the exact some boat as Trella. That is the problem though. How will you take this absolute lad, and call him the GOAT when there is already another GOAT of TBB? Well, I know people who think Lebron James is the GOAT of the NBA, and others who will still choose Michael Jordan. I don't know basketball, but same thing about to go on here. Knight is one of those quieter types, same as Trella, but you know when he talks. Both are gonna bring their own benefits, and both are going to be damn amazing. He earns, he's got the jokes, pretends to be good at Among Us, and knows how to break tension if there is any. A stellar man, and I'm sure he'll only continue that. 
"Killa" Kwame Dakari - Left Wing - Undrafted Free Agent (37th overall to the New Orleans Specters)

[Image: wilson7913.png]

@Zaitsev

Zaitsev is always one of the guys you love talking to when he is around, and I'm super glad he'll be with me this season in New Orleans. Plus in reality, a (former?) expansion team is the place to become the GOAT. There's a few guys in the NOLA record books already, but I think a dedicated user can easily break a record or two, and if anyone can do it a Kraken can. Plus from the sounds of it, the guy is damn good at golf. I ain't shooting negative unless I am teeing off 10 yards from the green, and he comes in like it wasn't his best game. 
Conner "Connor" Hutton - Right Defense - 13th Overall Pick (4th overall to the New Orleans Specters)

[Image: smol.png]

@overdoo
You know I feel like writing about how I'll be a GOAT is a little bit arrogant and I couldn't really bring myself to do it, but I guess I'm one of the Kraken going up this season so I made the article. 

Adding that nickname to my dropdown. Its official

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

lmfao the nickname is spot on, ty for kind words Kraken

[Image: benoconnor.gif]
[Image: H9wdMVb.png?1]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png]