Create Account

S55 SMJHL Championship Week

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

The Anaheim Outlaws look to give back to those faithful fans who stood by them in a rough second half of the S55 season. The players have teamed up with a stuffed animal company to make Outlungus plush dolls, as well as several recreations of new and old players. The dolls will be approximately 15" tall, and they'll certainly resell well should they become possessed by some spirit (seriously, it happens, look into it). These will be issued to Season Ticket holders by mail, and the first 1,000 people who show up to the S56 season opener will get their choice of what's left to take home! For the remaining audience, so you don't go home empty-handed (save an Outlaws win, of course), all merchandise purchased at the rink will be 25% off. Don't miss out as the Outlaws return with a vengeance!

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.

Let's take a look at two players who were on opposing sides of the QCC-ANA series and were projected to be drafted 1-2 recently in Festinator's great article. From Quebec City, defenseman Jasper Maximov, is projected to go 20th overall. Maximov had 6 goals and 12 assists playing 20 minutes a game for the Citadelles in the regular season, tied for 7th on the team. His defensive and overall game ratings are up there with the veterans as well. He was basically shut down, though, in his 10 playoff games - 1 assist, a -3 rating, and zero goals on 20 shots. Next from Anaheim, projected at #21, is John Donair. Donair was 4th on the [remaining] Outlaws with 11 goals in his regular season campaign. While some ratings were passable, his DGR for the season was under 50. He tried all he could to get the Outlaws past the Citadelles in the series, with 2 goals on 14 shots, 6 hits, and 7 shot blocks, but it simply wasn't enough.

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words

At the conclusion of the Outlaws' S55 playoff run, John Donair went back to his parents' home in Milwaukee to check in. Upon arriving home, he received a call from Danny "Bananas" Foster, former enforcer in the SHL, and current owner of Foster's Gym just outside Los Angeles. The two have been training in the offseason together, but more importantly, they've started conducting virtual and one-on-one boxing classes and weight-lifting routines from the gym! Donair and Foster have been pretty set financially, taking advantage of the SHL and now SMJHL inflation periods, respectively; as a result, they haven't been taking money for all of their lessons. Instead, all proceeds from downloads, website clicks, and personal training have gone to relief efforts of various kinds. These causes include mental health clinics, homeless shelters, and most recently, the wildfires all across the west coast. Donair hopes that this is a tradition they can continue for many offseasons!

Code:
Task #7 - 2 TPE
This season has seen a new 12-team playoff format introduced, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  4th vs 6th. What is your opinion on the new format? Good or bad?
Requirements: 100+ words.

I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of the 12-team playoff format, but I don't think it's categorically bad. The biggest positive is that everyone gets to experience playoff hockey, guaranteed, the first season they're a part of these leagues. That's a good thing! Being on a team that absolutely sucks, even if you're producing, is never fun -- and the inherent randomness of simulation hockey gives any team a chance. That's the bad side of it, though, especially for the teams that have been working so hard to be successful. The byes are good, but not impervious to flukes, and hockey's already so random and momentum-based as it is. An early exit from the playoffs against a red-hot team that shouldn't have made it would be salt in the wound.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

I intended to build John Donair as an "all-around" sort of player. The specific role is Garbage Collector - so in a sense, I'm cleaning up the missed shots from my teammates, screening the goalie, and creating issues for the opposing defense (as well as the offense attempting to leave their own end). I think I did a really good job and met expectations on the offensive side. After the big trade I got a few more minutes and took advantage - I think half of my 11 goals were in the last 15 or so games when I was playing with different people. My biggest weakness is my overall defensive rating. I know it's not from lack of hits or blocking shots, but I think it's more my speed and defensive reading that is leaving me out of position. Those are the big things I hope to improve while still maximizing my strengths as I enter my sophomore season with the Outlaws.

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Berserkers (Vikings) and a squad of Timber-making Lumberjacks? Would the brute force of the Vikings win out, or would the honed skills of tree-cutting give the other axe-experts an edge? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

I think what it really boils down to is where this fight takes place -- home-field advantage would be absolutely crucial. Although Vikings traversed mountains as well as plains while pillaging and destroying every village in their path, it was largely not fought in the forests. Even if it were, the battle would take place on the ground. Lumberjacks can cut down trees, hang in trees, use trees as traps or weapons (read: tree things), and they're strong as fuck. Conversely, if it's an open field and it's a hand-to-hand battle, or (god forbid) these two find each other in opposing boats, I have to go Berserkers based on ferocity and weapon proficiency.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

Verification word: pitbull
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 12:47 PM by bigbluex02.)

TASK 2 - 2 TPE
If the Anaheim Outlaws started a fan appreciation day, and gave out a commemorative item to all of the fans, I would make the item a special edition bobblehead that you can not buy in the fan shops. Firstly, I think bobble heads are one of the coolest fan items that you can buy at a sports stadium. They get everyone excited and fans LOVE them. So I think that Anaheim should hold their annual fan appreciation day during the first Friday Home game of the season; 1. Because it is a good way to kick off the season. and 2. Because it is Friday and people love the weekend! The bobble head would be of our team mascot, Outlaw Chungus, and he would be holding a white picket sign that reads "#1 Fans" along with his hockey stick. Additionally, we should throw in a 1/100 chance of the bobble head being all gold, to show a VERY limited edition of the bobble head. (166 WORDS)

TASK 4 - 3 TPE
Although Thomas Rose has a blast on the ice, he realizes that playing the sport he loves for a living makes him very lucky and places him in a position where he is a lot more fortunate than most. During the off-season, Thomas Rose loves to give back to his home state of Hawaii, as well as lend a helping hand to the various communities around Anaheim; supporting the people that support him every time he steps out onto the ice. During his trips to Hawaii, Thomas Rose loves to help with their ocean wildlife conservation; donating his time and money to support the Hawaii Wildlife Fund. This organization is very big on helping save the Hawaiian Sea Turtles and the ocean, fellow wildlife, and environment surrounding them. Additionally, Rose enjoys spending his time in supporting the various Youth programs around Anaheim, teaching kids various life skills, helping them with their education, and building safe spaces they can go to for various STEM work. (165 WORDS)

TASK 8 - 3 TPE
With my first full SMJHL season in the books, it was definitely an exciting way to begin my career in the SHL. Before the season started, I knew that I would not really produce the high numbers that I would have liked to. As much as I wanted to be a 40+ point scorer, I knew that it was highly unlikely for the little TPE I had. However, getting second and third line minutes, I had high hopes that I could at least score 10 points this season and be semi-productive for the Anaheim Outlaws; 5 goals and 5 assists were the personal goals I set. Thankfully, I was able to exceed my own expectations and put up almost double the goal I set out for myself. I ended the season with 8 goals and 10 assists, having a total of 18 total points for the year. Additionally, I had over a 13% for my shooting percentage; helping me realize that I was a lot better in front of goal than I originally expected to! Next season I would definitely like to improve my shooting, as well as getting some of my physical attributes up so I can be more agile and quick on the ice! (206 WORDS)

TASK 9 - 2 TPE
If the finals came down to a legit fight, I believe that there is no way that the Berserkers lose to a bunch of lumberjacks. As much as I love Maine, I think that the sheer force and brute strength of the berserkers would dominate the lumberjacks. Don't get me wrong, I think the lumberjacks would be able to semi-hold their own, but when it came down to the wire, the bersekers win every time. The berserkers are raised to be fierce warriors and to pillage and raid multiple towns, cutting through anyone in their paths. Lumberjacks are purely built to cut down trees and help in the paper making process. Although the lumberjacks have a lot of strength and can wield an ax with great precision, they are not trained to be killing machines. THAT is the ultimate factor in the battle between the two. It would be a sweep for the berserkers if it was a 7 battle round. (161 WORDS)

TASK 11 - 3 TPE
This past season of the SMJHL was definitely bitter sweet for Thomas Rose. It was his first ever season in the league, and he performed a heck of a lot better than he originally anticipated, however the Anaheim Outlaws were unfortunately upset in the playoffs and killed their run at the cup. Although the season did not end the way he liked, Rose was still content on how his first career season began. Now that the Outlaws have been bounced from the playoffs, the offseason allows for Thomas Rose to recoup and relax before preparing himself for season 56. The first order of business is definitely some relaxation. Rose plans to go back to Hawaii for a couple weeks, see family, surf the waves, and enjoy the gorgeous beaches along the island. Being so far away from home, it is definitely hard for Thomas to visit Hawaii any more than he can already, which is why flying back home is always his first priority after season end. However, living off island time can only last so long, as Rose plans to travel back to the continental United States and begin his training for the next season; working on his shooting, passing, and physical dominance on the ice. (207 WORDS)

TASK 16 - 3 TPE
Trivia Verification Word: bigblue

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

Task 2
The Kelowna Knights will be giving out a bobblehead to the first 10,000 fans who come to the last home game of the season for the Knights. Preparing for their playoff run, the Kelowna Knights decided to pick Daniel Laforest as the player to be featured, as he led the team in points with 41. As the ultimate playmaking center any junior team can ask for, Daniel Laforest was a huge reason for their success this season. He finished tied for 12th in points and he played significantly less minutes than most of the players ahead of him. Laforest did everything the Knights could have asked for and more, so he was the clear player to pick for a bobblehead.

Task 4
Logan Wong is apart of the yearly event that the Wong family holds across seas, going to Asia and bringing the sport they love to Asian countries, trying to diversify and expand the sport. The charity event has been ran every year ever since Hunter Wong broke into the league and ran it Ben Wong who now just supervises the event. Now, it is left to Hunter, Gabriel and Logan to run the event. The 3 Wong’s go overseas and provide hockey equipment to the less fortunate as well as a donation to the multiple communities they go to help improve the living environment everyone is in. During the actual event, the 3 Wong’s skate and teach a group of people, ranging from all ages how to play hockey. After getting off the rink, they provide a free dinner to all families involved. The Wong’s try to go to about 5 poor communities for 3 days each which makes it about a 2 week trip just helping their people. The Wong’s have a huge influence in Asia and with events like these, there’s no reason why they wouldn’t be.

Task 8
Logan Wong played about 8 minutes per game this season for the Kelowna Knights, and while the Knights did amazingly well, Logan did not have a good rookie season. In 21 games played, Logan had 4 points. At this point in his career, it is pretty safe to say that the odds of Logan Wong being a superstar is very low. It’ll take at least 3-4 more seasons in the juniors for Logan to even have a chance to make an SHL roster if he continues developing at this slow pace. So overall, Logan did not come close to the expectations he made for himself, especially coming from the lineage of Ben, Hunter and Gabriel. Logan is going to be going into this off-season with a lot more focus and a lot more hard work. Whether he will be drafted or not is a question that remains to be seen. He is a long way away from what is goal was, but that is not taking Logan off his path of being the superstar all the others were before him. The expectations are high for himself, even if no one else has those expectations.

Task 9
I would say a group of Vikings are gonna beat Lumberjacks. While the axe experts of the Lumberjacks would give them an advantage, there is a mental aspect to a fight that the Lumberjacks just don’t have. Any hesitation they have will be used against them, as the Vikings will have no remorse. No hesitation from the Vikings, just defeat their enemies and fight for their own. Live to fight another day. Lumberjacks have only been able to cut down trees. Asking them to hit a moving target is a whole new ball game that I just do not think Lumberjacks will be ready for.

Task 11
Logan Wong had a terrible season by all accounts and is not happy with himself. He is not going to spend any time relaxing this offseason (except for the 2 weeks him and the Wongs will be doing the charity event in Asia). Other then that, he will be training hard with whoever drafts him, or if he goes undrafted, with his Wong family. Who better to train with than one of the best goaltenders of all time in Hunter Wong and a multiple time Challenge Cup Champion in Gabriel Wong. There are so many cups in this family, and it all also started with the Ben Wong, one of the best pure scorers of all time. He may not be able to lace up like he was once able to, but the knowledge he has of the game is still so valuable. Gabriel may be the smarter player, but Ben was the best offensive minded player, which is what Logan needs a lot of help in.

Task 12
Logan Wong has shown flashes of greatness in the few games he was able to play for the London Knights this season, but other than that, the only really positive thing about him is that his last name is Wong which in theory should guarantee a future star. However, Logan has just not shown the work ethic that all the others before him have shown, and he has relied too much on just his talent. This season after not being able to get a full season in has been a wake up call. He still has an amazing shot and is able to basically put the shot anywhere he wants and his puck handling is still very good. His speed and stamina, while was not needed much this season, are both still above average grades. The talent and skill is all there for Logan, but he just needs to put in the work. If a team can motivate Logan to reach his full potential, he is going to be a superstar, but he needs the right coach.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:55 PM by ckroyal92.)

Trivia Verification: PETROV

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Berserkers and Timber (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.

If we're making a dream team, not only from the 2 finalists but from the league as a whole this season, you'd have to include the highest scoring duo up front in Mats Marner & Ryuuji Minamino. These 2 came out of the gate flying for the Newfies in Season 55 & never looked back, racking up a combined 53 goals, 65 assists & 118 total points.

For our third forward slot, we'll throw the tree huggers a bone & give it to Kyle Sutton. The Blizzard prospect led Maine in scoring in both the regular season (20 goals, 21 assists, 41 points) & postseason (16 goals, 10 assists, 26 points).

On defense, we'll have to go with the pair (maybe not an actual pair) of PBJ "Soup" Souppan & Jack "Klomp" Klompus. I mean come on, who wouldn't want these guys on their team? There's even a command in the Newfies LR for every time Klomp lays someone out, "YOU JUST GOT KLOMP'D". Definitely one of the most punishing hitters in the J right now.

Between the pipes, the choice is pretty obvious. You have to go with the best goalie not named Scoochie, Cale "Carly" Amundsen. Cale put up an incredible regular season record of 26-8-5 with 6 shutouts, good for 2nd best in the league, behind Scoochie of course.

222 words

Code:
Task #7 - 2 TPE
This season has seen a new 12-team playoff format introduced, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  4th vs 6th. What is your opinion on the new format? Good or bad?

The new format definitely has its flaws. First of all, I don't like the idea that everyone gets to participate in the postseason because it makes the regular season pretty meaningless. While we're at it, why don't we just save everyone a couple months of watching sims, updating, etc. & give everyone a participation trophy instead? In all seriousness, we should have a 6 team playoff featuring the top seed from each conference, who would get a 1st round bye, with the other division winner hosting the best 2nd place team in the conference. That way we still put somewhat of a premium on winning not only your division but your conference as well. If you go with 8 a side, no one gets a bye, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

133 words

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

My team, the Anchorage Armada, had a pretty solid season as a whole, so I can't complain too much. Aside from the large number of rookies playing getting a ton of playing time on expansion teams because they have no one else, I think my numbers stack up pretty well. Only 4 goals to my credit, but 14 assists? Not too shabby for guy who only got 10 minutes of ice time a game for the majority of the season. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a little more ice time, but I get that team is kind of stacked at this point, so I need to wait my turn. Hopefully, I'll get a little more ice time & we can shoot for 25, maybe 30, points. The biggest thing I want from next season, however, is to not turn the puck over so often. Guess I'll just have to bulk up a bit over the offseason to be stronger on the puck next season.

169 words

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Getting eliminated short of the final was definitely a disappointment here in Anchorage. I was really looking forward to meeting up with my buddies from Newfoundland for all the marbles, but of course freaking Maine had to get in the way. To be fair, I think we got in our own way more than the Timber having anything to do with it. I'd like to preface this by saying I have nothing but respect for my GMs, but I definitely have some concerns about the way they run the teams & communicate with us as players. I asked before the season started what role they planned on setting for me & even suggested a few that I was looking at building toward, but I was told that roles in FHM don't matter. Whether they do or not is impossible to know unless you can crack open the code, which I've been unable to do to this point, so that coupled with the fact that we were never really told how we'd be deployed definitely hasn't sat well with me. Hopefully, that changes next season & we can move forward in harmony.

191 words

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

After the offseason and the international tournaments, before the start of the next season, Kynwyl Pearce will star in a charity game to help boost the popularity of hockey in the British Isles. Usually those games would mostly take place in the London region but with the rise of young hockey players coming from the less populated region, this year there will be 4 games played in every country of the kingdom. Like usual there will be a game in London but the cities of Belfast, Cardif and Glasgow will also be the host of a game each that will allow the younger talents of the entire nation to come play with legends like Perry Morgan, Dominic Montgomery Jimmy Slothface or Guy Zheng and find out if they really have the talent to dream one day of being drafted by one of the SMJHL teams and who know, maybe one of them is worthy enough of the hall of fame.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE

Overall, Kynwyl Pearce didn’t meet his expectations, being just under the 10 goals mark. The season went really well with a total of 20 points; good to be in the top tier of the rookies but not enough to make sure he will get the rookie of the year award. This is not the perfect start but it is a decent one, considering Pearce only played around 11 minutes per game on equal force and a minute on the penalty kill unit. He will need to improve his defensive skills a bit but most importantly his offensives ones if he want to fight at the top with other super stars. But not all is in the arms of Pearce, he will also need to prove to the Knights coach that he is worty of getting more time, and more importantly, to get some time on the power play unit, where he should excel in the future.

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

During the offseason, Kynwyl Pearce went back home. He didn’t had the time to get sad or frustrated by the road the Knights made in the playoffs and the way his team used his talent since he immediately got a call from the Great Britain national team, they had a place for Pearce in their junior team united with the Irish. Pearce then went back directly to the gym to be ready for the new competition he would take part during the offseason and be ready to go all in with his new teammates for the gold medal. But before joining the team’s training facility, he will take two days off and go to the wild part of the welsh country. With the excitation from the competition and all the emotions of his first season far away from the isles, in Kelowna, Pearce wanted to take a break alone, hiking in the welsh hills.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S56 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

What the scouts should focus on Kynwyl Pearce's first season? Well, for a start, he had a great offensive season for a rookie with the Knights, ending with nine goals and twenty points in fifty games. He ended with a differential of plus four and a respectable 26 hits for a player who is not the most physical. He’s not the rookie with the most points but he was able to manage it with a bit above twelve minutes average per game. From that amount, around a minute was spent short handed as he was in the penalty kill special unit of the knights and he didn’t had the change to have time on the power play, compared to the other rookies with the most points. Sadly, Pearce wasn’t as successful in the playoffs, as he didn’t managed to get a point, but he also wasn’t really used that much with only seven minutes on average.

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
C. You're in another timeline where Carolina and Kelowna are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?

What went right for Kelowna to be in the cup final? It’s easy. They finally decided to use their young talent Kynwyl Pearce more than as a bench warmer and with his energy, managed to restart the Knight offensive in time for the knights to beat the Timber in seven games.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

Did trivia
Knoots

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

Task #7 - 2 TPE (100+ Words)

I gotta be honest, the playoff format was absolute crap. I despise playoff formats that are just everyone goes. I will always prefer it to be based on conferences or divisions, not this random mosh of teams where I don't know if I'm watching 2 teams from the same conference or teams from different conferences. I will never like a format like this, and the wacky surprise is just not fun to me. I prefer to see the rivalries take their spotlight, and then seeing the best team from each conference, or at least the team that was the best in the playoffs, make their run for the title against the other best conference team. I think the new format is wacky, weird, and I am not a fan of it. (131 words)

Task #8 - 3 TPE (150+ Words)

I feel like I played pretty well, especially for the spot I was drafted at and the expectations I had. I was not drafted early on, passed on multiple times by all teams. I didn’t receive many scouting messages, and ultimately the team that drafted me never talked to me at all, but that’s how it goes sometimes. For the spot they drafted me at, I think I did pretty well, especially for a bottom pairing defenseman who has not capped yet. I think there’s plenty to build off of in the SMJHL, and I’m sure Kelowna is happy to have gotten me with a pick that could easily turn into an inactive. I will continue to earn, continue to try and help the team win a title, it’s just up to SHL GMs now to recognize talent and not let it slip by once again. I’m here to stay for a while, so if they ignore me they will learn that they made a mistake like SMJHL GMs did. (170 words)

Task #9 - 2 TPE (100+ Words)

Let’s be honest for a second. Lumberjacks would stand absolutely 0 chance at beating a group of Berserkers. Berserkers are highly trained pillaging machines, those Vikings could outlast well trained armies and fight against the best of them in multiple forms of combat, you’re telling me lumberjacks, who are only trained at chopping wood, are gonna be able to even stand a chance? No way in hell, Lumberjacks would lose faster than the Capitals lost in the playoffs this season, so if anyone even tells me they think a lumberjack would win against a viking, I’m calling bull. Maybe if it was 1 viking vs 1 lumberjack, the lumberjack could get a lucky hit in, but in a group battle there’s no path to victory for the lumberjack. (128 words)

Task #10 - 3 TPE (150+ Words)

The Knights will be in the hunt again for the title, there’s no doubt about that. A fantastic front office that is able to maximize talent, we have plenty of returning faces who will be a big part of the future. Losing Rotticus Scott today sucks, but other than that we have a fantastic core, whether it’s Peter Ramsey, who should be one of the elite goaltenders in the SMJHL, or the strong forward group that should stay pretty good. The team has so many positives, and will continue to stay as one of the premiere teams in the SMJHL, we just need to get over the hump and win the title. The Kelowna Knights should be a top team once again, especially when you have the best Petrov who will be returning for another season, and with some stellar drafting, the team should restock on talent for the eventual purge that will happen when their brightest stars make the jump to the SHL. (164 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE (150+ Words)

Well, what else would a Petrov do once the offseason is over. First and foremost, we head back to the motherland, Mother Russia is our home after all, and we must visit our extensive family. You don’t have this many brothers and end up the only family, we have many cousins and aunts and uncles and many faces to see in our limited time back home. Once the visit is over we must get acquainted with our new SHL team of course, and while we may spend the SHL draft back home, we have to make our voyage and see everything the team has to offer, before eventually making the switch to training mode and getting back in gear for the new SMJHL season and another chance at winning a championship. There are many things to do and not a lot of time, so each day is packed full of people to meet, places to go, and eventually new places to see as we all wait and find out our SHL team. (172 words)

Task #16 - 3 TPE - Trivia
Bestrov

[Image: U04Nn2j.gif]